Nerfs, nerfs and more nerfs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Advanced Darkness, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Advanced Darkness

What is up with this crap. This game currently does NOT have that much variation where you can afford to screw over players who use a certain skill or weapon because the players who do NOT use that skill or weapon complain about it.
    I play all 3 factions, but i mostly play engineer and i like mines. I log in and it wasnt a surprise that everyone can just run over my mines no problem. Oh yeah. I can drop TWO whole mines! oh man we better nerf that! Lets not add more to the game ..lets take away..thats easy. Ive been hearing of nerfs all over the place and they only come from whining (so called) gamers. I dont even use a max and theres no way i'd post nerf maxes because they kill me.
    I sifted around the game looking for a piece of fun in this battlefield 3 variation and it gets screwed.
    Holy crap with all the nerfs and projected nerfs you'd think the game was bug free. I quit counting how many times the client locks up on me every hour. I never bothered to even check forums about it..just shut it down , restarted and came back in till the next lock up. Oh yeah that only started after a "patch"...was prob a nerf patch.
    • Up x 1
  2. Earache911

Welcome to November 2012.
  3. Teegeeack

The mines thing is a bug, not a nerf.
  4. RobotNinja

Once more than one player uses the same thing at the same time attacking the same guy then it's automatically OP and 500 threads must be made to complain about it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Jonesing25

I don't have the problem with the freezes, thankfully, but I am utterly sick of the nerfs and buffs. I'd really like to see some vehicle combat but there is none. You're being killed by a tank, why not fight it with another tank? Hell no, get on that AV turret/base defense turrets the more infantry the better. Vehicles have been nerfed into obscurity. They are now mostly used as taxis, point A to point B and who cares if it blows up. They didn't change the resource system, instead they just made vehicles useless.
    • Up x 1
  6. Advanced Darkness

What youre saying is exactly what someone else said in a Roadmap thread about everything in the game is made of paper. No matter what youre in its gonna die in about 30 seconds. There are no good long smart fights. Its hilarious how 2 mines can blow up a tank. hhah it took a lot more than 2 mines (tank or otherwise) to blow up a tank in planetside 1. Maybe they want people to buy planetside 1 durability in the store with their double station cash.
  7. Advanced Darkness

Omg If thats true then thats even worse. Either way it goes. I'm soon gonna take my 2 cents back to the peanut gallery and watch the games development from a distance again. A bunch of guys that i know personally played PS1 for yrs also played the beta for this but never played the uh..full game? I was one of them. Then i said well enough time has passed. Lets see. Gonna go let more time pass. :)
  8. Zenith

To be honest, I don't think it would have been any better even if they had delayed until December. The truth is, SOE just have no idea when it comes to properly balancing an asymmetrical game.