Nerf the TR/VS Max

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, Mar 18, 2013.

1. GSZenith

it is a brave new world outsit for stock nc max!
    nah just kidding, hold down fire works fine outdoor as well :)
  2. Duff_Chimp

I stopped using maxes when I kept running into NC maxes that gibbed me in under a second. Maxes should not die as fast as infantry. Period.
  3. Veri

They sure will do you over if they are at close range.
    I've killed more MAXes than I had been killed with a VS MAX.
    NC MAX usually think they can kill you first from a distance only to hear all these bullets hitting so usually they first hide behind cover and come back out to see if the same thing happens again or they will charge at you in which you charge at them since there is nothing either of you can do while the charge is in effect.
  4. y3ivan

TR/VS maxes mostly act as support aka twin mana turret. Keeping a distance and locking down a corridor where infantry is prone to pop out. I last longer behind cover and an engineer constant repairing and dropping ammo packs. I dont find any benefit of chargin head on with a MAX. Leave cannon folder role to infantry. If you know theres NC MAX around, dont go in, let other HA/LA + c4 dealt with it.

Apparently a lot of TR/VS MAX does not want to play SUPPORT role and want to spray and pray point blank at infantry thinking they are NC max.
  5. LonelyTerran

6. Xasapis

The thing about the two maxes is that they play a lot differently, which is probably why you see people from both sides wish they had the max the other side has.

With a VS max you need to cut corners at the widest angle possible, staying away from any possible blind corners and be ready to rush away if there is an NC max in that area. That generally translates to more bullets soaked from enemy infantry as VS maxes are more exposed than the NC counterparts, who cut corners as close to the walls as possible and move from cover to cover. Also the whole cautious approach of the VS max counters the whole philosophy of an armed suit for some people, who think they should be able to charge in, where infantry normally can't.
  7. Marked4Death

They've done it before...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
  8. y3ivan

apparently thats true. Both MAXes have a different approach to combat tactics.

MAXes are mostly bullet sponge and support role. While the advantage comes from NC MAX thanks to Biolabs MAP design.

Although i have been thru difficulty of clearing Biolabs pack with NC MAX, it not that difficult as what players explain. C4 with rocketspam works well vs MAX. The issue comes that most players can handle the fact that they made a mistake and they should be punished for that. Cases like Crown Siege, TR MAX will be exceptionally beneficial to the team

i do play both NC and TR, and i personally spend more time on my TR MAX more than NC MAX. TR MAX does not limit themselves in biolabs and it works well all-rounder.
  9. Ripshaft

Actually they've managed to extract weapon information from the files recently and discovered weapon stats. But here's the thing the numbers are wrong, it shows the melee dmg being the same for all the knives, when in game testing such as what you've listed proves otherwise.

Either way, I think we should demand dev response on this issue, they need to know about this, and we deserve an explanation.

.... too much? =p
  10. bodmans

then, good sir. this thread here needs a revival: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/amazing-animals-of-auraxis.93999/

• Up x 1
  11. Duff_Chimp

Clearly never heard of a max crash. If I as infantry had x4 the health and twice the firepower I would nay should be inclined to be the one rushing in and soaking the bullets. I think you overrate your fellow NC max users, most I ever come across are cowering with many engineers and medics defending inside a room, only occasionally to come out and then sprint back on for repairs.

NC maxes rarely attack, mostly defend and camp, in my experiences.
  12. y3ivan

I had MAX vs MAX, however raw infantry is much better option in solving it.

regular infantry = 0 resources, infinite respawn, 15 sec cooldown. No penalty for making a mistake. Hence, that why MAX users are more cautious.
  13. Jrgsubzero

The best thing about the VS and TR max is that you don't need to aim. Just fire in the general direction of the enemy, the CoF wouldn't let you aim even if you tried.
  14. Olek

Wow, this one really caught my eye, something different to the daily "nerf HackMAX", very good read, I've always enjoyed reading fantasy.
  15. Duff_Chimp

Throwing bodies at a solution, whilst effective is a roundabout and foolish way to practice war. Ultimately people even though they can spawn infinitely at no cost, will not continue to do so. People grow tired of stalemate fights, where charging numbers in maybe achieves and inch of ground on to be retaken soon after.

Chance of success is always an important factor when choosing fights and battles. Unless a fight has to be won, there is no point in wasting time and effort on these pointless fights. Unfortunately a good portion of both sides will not get the message and continue to fight these battles. Anyone that ever fought in the middle of Indar can attest to that.
  16. Tasogie

jesus wept, here we go, someone got killed by a VS max so hes now on a little mini crusade.... here come the dramatic stories of woe an horror at how one class has made everyone quit the game an PS2 will now be destroyed within a day if SOE do not act now....

/me bangs his head on wall...