[Suggestion] Nerf the chaingun on harrasers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Towie

I think that the easiest 'fix' to try is to just revert the clip to 60 instead of 90 (keeping the other buffs) - so it can't 1-clip an MBT all by itself; allowing the opposition a little more time to take defensive/offensive action. It'll still be very dangerous.

Funnily enough, the Vulcan-H was performing similarly to the Saron before the buff, with the Enforcer slightly better than both - but really not a great deal in it. It was also pulled more often than either even way back then. Strange but true.
  2. Shellana

Beyond that I would like them to take a look at the Vulcan-H's AA and AI stats. I am pretty sure it is outperforming the other AV weapons in those areas as well. I don't mind the Vulcan-H being better than the Enforcer-H, Sauron-H, and Halberd-H at AV as long as the distance isn't too great, but if the Vulcan-H is going to be better at AV, then it needs to be worse at other things else.
  3. AssaultPig

The vulcan harasser is overpowered compared to its counterparts (H-enforcer, H-saron) and it's not even remotely arguable. Turns out when you take a weapon whose primary disadvantage is short range and put it on a platform that can easily dictate range, bad things happen!
  4. Weterman

Ok I forgot about this post and all the replies are saying it is not op. But it is. It can kill a lightning in about the same amount of time the lightning can kill the harrasser, if the lightning hits it every time immediatley after reload, with the python. which is the most powerful lightning weapon. The lightning will have to hit the harrasser 3 times to kill. If the lightning hits it 2 times, the harrasser can quickly go behind a rock and repair, and then come out again and finish off the lightning. If the lightning misses once, he doesnt have a chance. The vulcan can miss allot of times and still get the kill. And it is easy to hit the lightning, a big, slow target. It's hard to hit the harrasser, a fast, unpredictable small target.

And someone said all you have to do is keep your range. You can't in a lightning. even with the fastest speed upgrade, you can't get away. And if you try to get away, you will only die faster because you will get hit in the rear.

@Focus light I think that the fire rate should be lower, and the damage lower maybe. I don't know what would work, because I can't do all the math to see how long it would take to kill.

I think, that the fire rate and damage should be nerfed so that it takes half the time to kill a lightning. A tank should have an advantage over a jeep. And with the way the game works, lots of times in a tank you will shoot slightly behind where you are aiming, which makes it harder to hit a fast moving target like a harrasser.
  5. Goldmonk

Stop! My ****ing ears are bleeding from all these posts about how "OP" the Vulcan is. Jeez, get over it. This game isn't life or death and sometimes another person is gonna have something better. I'm sorry life is not suited for all the special little snowflakes out there who want a "level" playing field. All I hear is "The Vulcan is OP, nerf it. While your at it buff my PPA, it's really UP." Do you know how stupid and contradictory that sounds? /done
    • Up x 1
  6. Weterman

You need to learn to read and think with an open mind. Actually give a reason it's not op, instead of just saying "nope, not op. /thread"
  7. Goldmonk

I actually do think with an open mind. It's Nerf callers like yourself who have the closed minds. Here's a radical suggestion: Fight as a group. This game relies heavily on teamwork. Why do you think battles are so massive. Get a group of Magriders, Lightnings, and your own Harrassers. Fight them as a team. Playing solo is obviously going to get you killed. Instead of yelling "OP!" try and think of a solution to your little problem.
  8. Crayv

Anytime I see a Harasser I just wave a lockon at them, those thing take a lot of damage from lockons. 2 will take it to burning, just like an ESF (but the ESF is faster and can fly).

Also isn't the Vulcan still trash on Prowlers? So it seems a trade off from a good weapon for one but a bad on the other.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goldmonk

Kind of. Its not as good as the V-H, but it's still formidable in a group.
  10. LodeTria

Well it needs it's damage reduced a tad since it's the same strength as the prowlers right now at 167 damage at 10m. Compared to the enforcer which is 450-500 for harasser-MBT and the saron's 250-287 and the Halberds 800-1000. It is almost a carbon copy of the prowler version when no other AV harasser weapon is, so damage needs to be reduced. 150 damage per round seems fair enough.
  11. Crowne

I think that's a wee bit of an over-generalization though. I mean, there are indeed times when the opponent is cheating or hacking, just as there are times something gets implemented in the game that is overpowered.

The good player will recognize it and call it such even if it is to the detriment of his or her own faction.
    The bad player will either recognize it and still deny it, or have his/her head buried so deeply in the sand they fail to see it entirely and claim everyone else is just bad.
    In any case...
    The only thing that has always bothered me about the vulcan harasser is watching a blockade sunderer's health go down so evenly and quickly. It just feels to me like the blockade armor should have better resistance against this particular type of weapon.

Aside from that though, the harasser is not a very durable platform. Just last night, I chased a vulcan harrasser away on foot with an ACX-11. Granted, I was also yelling obscenities at it but my mic wasn't on so they couldn't have known that.

When working AV support, I always prioritize vulcan harassers as I know the havoc they wreak.
  12. Disconsented

13. asmodraxus

If the TR don't want the Harasser Vulcan touched then maybe make the Enforcer and Saron one clip a MBT? Either by increasing the clip size or damage, we will let the TR decide. :)

So clip size increase for the Enforcer and Saron

Or damage buff for Enforcer and Saron

The choice is yours.
  14. DashRendar

Having made quite a few nerf threads in my days here, I've come to the realization that the game is better off if the other empires have things that make you want to play them, and everyone is happier for it. When everything is in perfect balance, the result is BORING. With that said, even if I was in the mood to write a nerf thread, the current Vulcan is far from the top of that list. It's powerful, sure, but it's better balanced than it has ever been. Considering its balance history, I wouldn't touch it, I deem it perfect asymmetric balance.
    • Up x 1
  15. task_master

If vulcan-h is OP, then why am I able to do this with an uncerted SG? Isn't SG weak compared to AP?

Just look at how badly I screw up:
    -Spent ammo on infantry already
    -Only reload 1
    -Missed a lot of shots
    -Didn't ram at start of fight
    -Running autorepair instead of side armor
    -Allowing harasser to reach my side instead of front
    -Taking a rocket to the side
    • Up x 1
  16. DashRendar

The result here is obvious. Nerf Vulcan AND Skyguard.

not serious
    • Up x 1
  17. Weterman

You say you post with an open mind, but you still didn't give me a reason that the vulcan is not op. A summary of your post is "im right"

playing as a team isnt relevant here. Just because 3 lightnings could kill 1 harrasser without a problem doesnt mean the lightning is balanced against the harrasser.
  18. Weterman

This video shows why the vulcan should be nerfed. Just look at the lightning's health drop down and you'll see what I mean.
  19. ChUnKiFieR

Funny how the only people defending the weapon are the ones who have access to it.
  20. Taemien

Our 200 dmg weapons work very well against harassers indeed :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.