Nerf Phoenix reload speed, A LOT.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by EarlofSunderer, Apr 4, 2015.

1. EarlofSunderer

The time the phoenix rocket is in flight can be counted as part of the reload time, I suggest nerfing the hell out of the phoenix launcher and adding about 10 seconds more to the reload (just increase the time in flight by 10 sec).

Keep max distanced traveled from you the same, just a longer flight time to increase reload time.
    As a Phoenix user it saddens me to suggest such a nerf, but sacrifices must be made in the name of balance.
    • Up x 1
  2. Leftconsin

Um, why? You seem to have forgotten a reason for tripling the reload time.
    • Up x 2
  3. Uncle_Lou

You're not seriously suggesting the Phoenix is OP, are you?
    • Up x 1
  4. Problem Officer

As long as it's not simply slower, that would be brilliant.
    No explanation or reasoning if it's not doing way more damage or something.
    Phoenix rockets are already very easy to shoot down and very luck-based to hit with,
    their collision seems to favor impacting terrain and bullets over vehicles and infantry and they're rendered harmless with any 1 hit.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

o_O
    • Up x 2
  6. Liewec123

reloads as long as 13 second aren't long enough for you?
    (thats the current reload time if you guide the rocket for the full duration)
    a single engi can already out repair the damage of 2 phoenix users at longer range.

and you want 23 second reloads?!
    • Up x 2
  7. Scr1nRusher

What???

Forumside pls.
    • Up x 1
  8. EarlofSunderer

It's a straight Buff people.
    I'm suggesting a buff to the max flight time of the Phoenix rocket.
    Exactly the same as it is now, but with longer maximum flight time.

At the moment if you slow down the rocket with throttle, it doesn't go anywhere near the full 295m which was implemented because of the physical limitations of the engine, wasn't it?

Why even have a time limit on the rocket?
    the max distance of 295m from you is enoug of a limit, if you slow the rocket down with throttle and curve it around obstacles a lot this would *** more FREEDOM to the Phoenix launcher.
    I'm suggesting that as long as the rocket doesn't get more than 295m from you (measured in a straight line) it won't expire.
    Letting you circle yourself with it indefinitely (not OP, because you're standing there the entire time, and the rocket can be shot down etc).

Also, it needs to headshot non MAX infantry in one shot.
    If you can land a headshot with the phoenix on an infantry target, you deserve the kill.

Imagine being able to go on a journey with your Phoenix rocket, as long as you didn't go more than 295m away from your starting position you could travel as far as you want in circles, through buildings, around trees, under a sunderer, loop back and do it again etc

It's about fun, but it's mostly about FREEDOM!
  9. Gutseen

yeah, and lower rocket turn sensitivity to 10 dpi with adding a post hit debuff with slow movement speed
    • Up x 1