[Suggestion] Nerf new heavy hitting pistols

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by technopredator, May 2, 2013.

1. Holomang

The TR starting pistol is awesome.
  2. Advanced Darkness

Heh I guess but I've eaten plenty of folks up with my Beamer as an infiltrator. Killed 2 guys who were actually trying to shoot me as I ran around them and back and forth behind a wall. So don't knock it till you've really learned to try it

Hmm I bet those guys think the Beamer needs a nerf...
  3. Padapong

with or without adadada macro?

4. Advanced Darkness

Without. I actually had one of those walls to get behind every few seconds as cover. Plus they didn't have pump shotguns which shoot around corners and being an infiltrator with no extra nano weave I can't play the same as I would as HA.
  5. loleator

Weapon -> Damage -> Rate of Fire -< Time to Kill (1000hp)

T9 CARV (default HA primary): 143 750 0,559 seconds

NS-44 Commissioner (new "op" revolver): 450 170 0,784 seconds

TX1 Repeater (Default TR pistol): 112 845 0,634 seconds

OP REVOLVER: 0,784 seconds
    DEFAULT PISTOL: 0,634 seconds
    • Up x 2
  6. Kviatkers

I don't use the new heavy pistols, but I'm really glad they did introduce them. I got killed by someone with it maybe 4-5 times since their debut. It's just hilarious how people can't use them.
  7. lilleAllan

lol I love how every pistol topic has a beamer joke.

I make them from time to time and I'm not even Vanu.

In regards to the new pistols: I was afraid that they'd be too good compared to the old ones, but I haven't had excessive problems dying to them. I still roll with the magshot - repeater on my tr alt.

Of course if the alternative was the beamer....
  8. DrTeeth

Why are you posting this wrong info again? I corrected you last time:

You calculate TTK like this:

CARV - 80ms refire, 143 damage, 7 shots to kill takes 80x6=480ms
    NS44 - 352ms refire, 450 damage, 3 shots to kill takes 352x2=704ms
    TX1 - 71ms refire, 112 damage, 9 shots to kill takes 71x8=568ms

oh and the Underboss:

300ms refire, 375 damage, 3 shots to kill take 300x2=600ms
  9. technopredator

Really? in this game I have to move? damn, thanks, I thought you had to stay still for hours and hours and fire from the respawn point where your bullets can't hit the enemy at all and just keep firing trying to kill them all; I'm so stupid, never thought I had to MOVE...
    /sarcasm (<-- this because you probably didn't get it)

How do you know I'm a loser? have you face me? no, you're just writing out of ignorance, more commonly known as BS and you make a fuss because my grammar is not good and start with personal attacks, to simply not admiting I defeated you in the argument, all losers do this and then you go and tell me I have to go home? and this thread is over, who the hell you think you are to think you can troll people in such a dumb way and believe you have won the argument? you're probably a 13 year old teenager, for the way you write, to come feel superior to the forum trying and failing misserably to "own" someone you don't have the slightest clue who they're or if they're better players than you.

You argument:
    I'm right, yoo're wrong, because I write so, you have to do this obvious things and you'll be fine, I don't understand your POV but it doesn't matter because I'm right, and you're a loser, go home "kiddie".
    /thread

This is the TYPICAL LOSER TROLL that knows nothing and try to apear as a wiseguy that "own" people on the field and on the forum and has no argumenting capability and fails misserably at reasoning... you're so boring and pathetic.
  10. Paperlamp

This is my feeling as well. There's no reasonable argument that can be made that the Beamer is anywhere near as effective. Others may come closer, but still, considering NS weapons are supposed to be a bit weaker, they're completely out of line. I personally don't mind if all pistols get buffed up to their level or if they get nerfed, but they're clearly not balanced currently.

Calculating optimal TTKs doesn't prove anything. The NS Pistols are the most accurate and considering pistols are often used to finish a target, the commissioner will often be a one shot kill on an already injured target. Having much higher bullet damage is a significant advantage, if they had the same DPS with such high damage/shot and superior accuracy they'd be absurd. They're effective out to much longer ranges due to higher velocity as well.
  11. ROCKFIISH

Blasphemy, I will use it till death, even though the repeater might save my life more often. Nothing is quite as priceless as blasting a shotgun wielding LA out of the air wth a handgun.
  12. WalrusJones

They are mostly good for a class that needs a close range primary weapon, not an emergency sidearm.
  13. Liquid23

lol earlier I was at a window looking out in abase when all of a sudden a MAX just ran up to me (guess he was out of ammo) and started swinging at me with his melee... I ran my whole LMG clip into him and was dry so me and him just danced around the room and cap point for like a 30 seconds as he tried to smack me and I shot him with the underboss...

then he died

then I died to a friendly nade which someone apparently threw at the MAX

fun was had all around
  14. Liquid23

he's 9? is that even allowed? should we sound the Amber alert?
  15. Epic High Five

It's worse than the Rebel but I'll never use another sidearm but my golden Commish.

Tough to get kills with but oh man is it worth it when you do.
  16. Laraso

The revolvers suck. I wanted to like them, but they just aren't reliable.

I use my pistol to get me out of tight situations, like being caught between reloads or getting caught with my launcher out. I also like to use my pistol as a midrange option when I'm running around with a shotgun.

The revolver sucks at all of those things. Even with the laser pointer, the hipfire accuracy is bad. It reloads slow, shoots slow, and it misses constantly in those emergency situations.

My Magshot is 10,000% more reliable than the revolvers. I just hope they buff the Rebel soon.
  17. Kn4ck3br0d37

Actually... HA Shield blocks 750 points of damage. Considering an NS-44 does 450 and headshot is x2 then that's actually 900 damage, if it was below 8m of course. Reguardless sights are pretty ****** for range, the gun kicks a lot when ADSing and has a relativley slow rate of fire. It's not OP. Hell I use it mostly for style points to be honest and with the officer hat coming out I think it'll match quite nicely.

Check this guy's review out. He does some good stuff. All the proof you need to determine that it's not OP though it may feel that way sometimes if you get two unlucky headshots on you.

18. ACE McFACE

He's trolling
  19. The King

I doubt that they would think the Beamer needs a nerf. They were prolly eating or too drunk.

The beamer sucks, everyone knows it.
    It doesn't mean it cannot kill people.

Many love the TR's starting pistol because it shoots 3 bullets per click.
    However, the best pistol is the NC's starting pistol.
  20. Hawkstorm

I have one but to be honest you pretty much have to have it stuck in someones face to hit em.

The TR's stock burst pistol I think is prolly the best handgun I've used.