Nerf CQC Scout Rifles & Sniper Rifles. The List.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 31, 2021.

1. AuricStarSand

By far the worst genre of guns, at a range not designed for them. Out of all genres of guns or ranges, is Close Quarter Combat Scout Rifles or Sniper Rifles. You'll never die faster. & it's not just from infils, any class that uses scout rifles too. (engi/medic)

This is the nerf list & theirs more than 1 person who sees how ******** these weapons are, at near ranges. At far range, at least your able to counter with finding cover. With CQC scout / snipers, cover gets thrown out the window. These weapons need nerfing, in the same way Dynamo got nerfed. For no other reason. No optic should be below 6x zoom. If " No Scoping " is the issue & some say it is. Then No - scoping should be nerfed with the recoil bat.

1 shotting is okay, if the sniper is on a hill, or 2 shot for the scout rifles, however these guns shouldn't be CQC killing people faster than the classes designed for CQC. The scout rifles listed, shoot so fast, they may as well be 1 shot sniper rifles. That's why scout rifles make the list. Some scout rifles are more OP than 1 hit sniper rifles, if a vet wields 1.

1st to make the nerf list is " GD Guardian " for nc, aurax gun. Shoots WAY too fast. Like flying needles. 1 vet aurax'ed it, used it to shoot at me while I was ant building. 10 deaths later. It seemed worst to deal with than a pre-nerfed Dyanmo, for sure it was. OP, nerf it.

2nd to make the list is: " Impetus " for nc, a scout rifle that 2nd follow up shot for a headshot kill, is so fast, it may as well be a 1 headshot gun. 1 guy headshotted 20 allies with this gun, at a Tech plant fight. Faster than anyone was able to shoot back.

Other mentions: For some reason those 2 scout rifles were worst this week. However for prior weeks, usually TSAR-42 or SR-7 are the 1 sniper headshot CQC guns enemies use.
    • Up x 2
  2. BlackFox

That's what I've been saying for months - the usual automatic weapons get outclassed by everything else in game, being it some pistols, shotguns or precision rifles. There is no real reason to run around with a MG that lacks some special perk (like Lasher AoE).

I use anything else than carbines, LMGs or asault rifles as main weapons nowadays because they won't kill faster than any other weapon class ingame
    • Up x 2
  3. RRRIV

Important note: this is obviously a rage/vent post, but ill carry on.

Daimyo: still 1 shots at close range. only that that happened was ROF slowed slightly and recoil increase. damage was untoutched

No Scoping: so what? snipers have the worst hipfire and only auto scouts and the TRAP have good or great hipfire and none of those will 1 tap you. you got killed by the same RNG that gets infils or other scout rifle users killed in CQB

Range: these weapons are balanced by ROF, Hipfire, and moving speed/accuracy. Furthermore, 6X bolties are far inferior to CQBolties in close range, and inversely at ranges beyond 100m or so. Top it off with ADS speed and quick scoping is rare and, simply put, ineffective.

If a vet weilds one: enough said. Any niche weapon in a vets hands may seem OP.

The guardian: A actually chuckled at this. it has a 333rpm, same as its base version. its damage min/max is the exact same. all thats different is HVA and a touch more velocity.

Impetus: cant 1 shot period. 2 head shot or 3 body shot w/ no other modifications and is simply inferior to CQBolties. It functions the same at the 6X scoped counterpart but with different effective ranges. (infact, the SPR does more damage at closer ranges than the impetus due to shifted falloff). As for your team not shooting back... welcome to PS2.

Other mentions: TSR-42 is a CQBoltie. all of them are a problem. it can be solved by dealing the the core issue of infil cloak latency/decloak time. there have been numerious posts discussing this at length. SR-7 is a full blown sniper that is slower than M77 but has a few more rounds in the mag. Its not a CQSniper.
  4. AuricStarSand

The sniper rifles will kill you in 0.1 second, the scout rifles willl kill you in 0.2 seconds. It doesn't matter if it 2 shots or 1, if the follow up shot is nearly as fast as the 1st.

The Imperetus, I tried at the shooting range, yesterday. The Imperetus's 2nd follow up shot is too fast, than it has up to 10 ammo. Also it's accuracy is even better than the Vandel's is. So its essentially a Dynamo, besides being a rapid 2 tapper with laser aim. Either way it killed 20 people on a Tech Plant Bridge, when I was LA or Medic. The infantry bridge between buildings, 2nd floor gen room ish. So dieing to it, seemed more like a 1 shot sniper rifle at medium range. 1 second kills, 0.5 seconds per bullet. No bullet drop. Then I ran around the building to knife or pistol him & I got shot 4 feet away by him, while crouching walking slowly infis. So he's CQC with the gun. The kill time is too fast, for me to say it's " vets skill " the kill time is too fast to even give a reply. HA doesn't have that, not even pro HA, HA are able to be flanked. Or their kill time isn't 0.2 seconds.

Or else view other sniper rifles, for sure this NC guy who was hunting, my silo builder. For sure, he was using a NC Arux'ed scout rifle. Viewed his profile. His only aura'ed gun As engi even. If it wasn't the rate of fire, then it was the dps. Eitherway the bullets look like needles & I'm dieing too fast. I fought him with a blackhand, so even with me getting 3 chest shots, a headshot at times / flanking methods, while aiming at him 20 yards away. The dps of the aurax'ed scout rifle is looney. I'd nerf it. TBH I'm sure all the aurax scout rifles are too OP. When a vet does have the TR 1, he's kill people wayyyy to easily, as well. I haven't experienced being killed by a aurax's vs gun or maybe I have with a alt. Maybe its op too. Even pros who use a variety of all types of guns, equally. When they run scout rifles or sniper rifles at CQC, they kill too easily. Even when those guns aren't the main guns, these vets use.

I personally like scout rifles, I use the Vandal, the difference is, the vandel may be the most balanced scout rifle out there. I mean maybe I haven't ran into some annoying pro who uses 1. The players being mentioned mostly run with troll guns. Guns even they, know are troll guns. Like I said before, sniping is fine for range regions. Still some guy running through medics, engis, smg infils, ha, la, like butter at near ranges? With less defense? Meaning he's usually a engi or infil. At least my knife infil has to find blind spots, has to be sneaky, has to be silent, has to be a fox... just to get 1 kill & even then has to know how to get super near to them, with a tiny dot. & Run off without being shot in the back. These CQC sniper or scout rifles aren't doing that, their just standing in a doorway shooting everyone in the head, in 0.2 0.1 seconds, even if the other person is staring right at them, ready to reply. No flanking, they can just stare directly at any1, at mid or near range & win instantly with 1 or 2 buttons. It's something that's only fair to do, at farrrrrrrrrrr FARRRRRRR ranges. It shouldn't be this effective at near ranges for any scout rifle or sniper rifle. For example the Obelisk, people whine about its no bullet drop, yet that gun performs super bad at near ranges, so it has a apparent weakeness. Some of these guns do not have a weakness at near ranges. They just door sit, or run around boxes.

If it wasn't for range, than WTH is the BATTLE RIFLE, for? The battle rifle, is suppose to be the mid range gun. Why? because scout rifle is suppose to be weaker at mid range, than a battle rifle is built for, that's why. & A sniper rifle is suppose to the weakest of them all at CQC..This isn't just a topic of near range, it's also a topic of middle range. Middle range is a problem too. Make all scout rifles, far as freak range & snipers too. Limited to that mainly. If you want a middle range scout or sniper rifle, it's going to have to be hit by the dps bat. All of them are. That's the order. & lower their optics to 6x, no 3.4x, no 2x, besides Vandel, it may keep all its optics for being the most fair gun out there. Till proven otherwise.

Why was the new crossbow nerfed? Please explain that 1st, before replying to anything I wrote. Ty.
  5. RRRIV

Xbow was nerfed for 2 simple reasons:
    1.) explosive shot was more deadly than HESH due to the fact it wasnt limited by the map and was on a weapon that had 40 or 80 rounds a mag. combined with drifter jets and you could solo lock down an area better than maxes can
    2.) 3 bolt mode plus hipfire mod made the weapon more deadly in close quarters combat than shotguns and CQBolties, especially with jump jets.

damage and ROF were not nerfed w/o attachments.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/oct-06-2021-pc-hotfix.257550/

Moving on:
    Impetus: TTK is .52, not .2 and its the exact same as the SPR. Vandal is .47 btw (so, no close range optics for it, right?) and has better moving ADS and only a .1 ADS COF and has an overall better Hipfire COF
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nw-5SauZyu2Ddly3OAJBW7kS80/edit#gid=385535364
    This is seriously perspective bias here. I've auraxed the KSR (TR equivalent) and it was always a "meh" weapon. I preferred the HSR and dragoon over it. RRRIVv2 TR emerald if you want to look me up (and yes, im an ex-infil main. better computer lets me fight in close range w/o frame drops so im enjoying that aspect more with more weapon options)

Guardian: .54 TTK which is exactly the same as its non auraxed counterpart. seriously, the only diff between the two is a little bit of velocity. If you want to take a faction equivalent, use the Eidolon. only difference will be bullet velocity. damage and ROF will remain the same.

Battle Rifle: dont look too hard into that. They are basicly the same weapon classes with "special" labels to "differentiate their roles". Both should just be put into the same category.

Obelisk: the big reason its disliked it because its a 3 shot body at all ranges w/o bullet drop and with infinite ammo. slap it on an infil or a heavy and it makes both stupidly difficult to get rid of.
  6. AuricStarSand

The crossbow was killing too easily, even after the 1st nerf. It still had 2 hit kills. So ultimately the answer I was seeking, was 2 hits. It was or still is, idk if this got nerfed yet. After the Aoe nerf. Too ez to get 2 headshots with. Mid range.

I watched Camikazee's stream of him using it & fought enemies 2 hitting allies. Scout rifle is a 2 hitter.
    The " stats ". Do these guns kill faster at near ranges. Then other near range made guns?

The obelisk, yes has good bullet drop. Yet obviously the very important part, The Obelisk is very weak at near range. I'm not sure where the Vandal ranks, tbh.

Regardless; sniper rifles at 20 feet range, 1 hs'ing people; I'm not the only person who is mad over that theme. If you believe cqc sniper rifles are op, then saying a few cqc scout rifles are op, isn't a stretch.

Scout rifles should be far range & sniper rifles are extremely far range. Leaving battle rifle, to be the medium range gun genre.
  7. AuricStarSand

Middle range & near range, have to give every player enough time to reply. If the gun doesn't allow reply time. Idk how many seconds, or less, is reply time. Then it shouldn't be on the playing field. HA or LA at long range, isn't as op, as scout / sniper is at doorway range.

Tech every gun may kill fast, tho not every gun kills fast at every range as easily. A shotgun isn't good at far range, no matter what. Yet a TR scout rifle / sniper is killing me in 0.2's while I repeteadly crouch & while I'm cloaked 4 feet away. A close combat no reply time gun, is a troll's weapon of choice. Or 2 hitting allies, 10 feet away over the bridge, rapidly.

Theirs skill & then theirs dying too fast to deem it as skill. Depends on the gun. Yet no other genre of guns, has a gun that can kill that fast, at as many varying types of ranges. So theirs def a few guns of these 2 genres, that deserve the bat. The other gun genres, don't seem to kill as fast, as easily, at middle range?
  8. RRRIV

Xbow: The seeker is a mid range weapon. 2 shot head shot at mid range sounds about right for it (unfortunately, it was someone's great idea to give it to LAs who shouldn't have such a weapon in the first place. But I digress). The oppressiveness/how broken the attachments made it was the issue. The weapon hasn't been touched since its initial nerf/rework.

Range: if you click on the google docs link, it has stats for minimun damage range plus velocity. The SPR/Impetus (which are sniper rifles btw, not scouts) has consistant TTK at all ranges (.52 -> .54) but isnt the fastest of the NC arsenal at close range (the GD-7F has a faster TTK of .43 seconds) Also of important note, .52 is a pretty average TTK when compared to all other weapons in the game.

Obelisk: still 2 shots at point blank and at 500m. It just doesn't shoot fast.

Vandal(again): .47 seconds to kill. That's better than the Impetus. If you believe the Impetus/SPR are OP, then your vandal is just as OP at close ranges.

More numbers:
    Obelisk TTK: .65 seconds (taken straight from kami's vid)
    Bettle TTK: .48 seconds
    HSR-1 TTK: .47 seconds
    Lasher TTK: 1.08 seconds

Scout Rifles: simply put, no. Scouts are DMR and mid range precision weapons and the only broken CQSnipers are CQBolties. Battle Rifle is an irrelevant title. All they are is "heavier hitting precision weapons". i.e. scout rifles with a special name attached to them.

Lets go ahead and get the reply to part 2 here:

Range and response: at doorway range, anything that isnt a shotgun or the lasher will kill you faster than you can react provided whoever is shooting you has good or decent aim (depending on the weapon). This is an irrelevant argument.

Killed while cloaking: sounds like a you problem my dude. you got out played by crouch spamming right into headshots. Dont forget, infils arent perfectly invisible while moving, even when crouched.

Kill speed: SMGs and Pump Shotguns can kill faster than Semi snipers.

Look, I don't want to be sounding like Demigan here, but all you are throwing at me is anecdotes and a 1 off encounter that got under your skin. In terms of raw numbers, there is nothing wrong with CQSemis and Scouts. They dont over perform any better than most other weapon categories in the game barring long range 100% accuracy TTK.

Also, your faction equivalent to the Impetus is the Phantom. If you believe the weapon is so OP, you should be able to aurax it off of 20 kills easy.
  9. AuricStarSand

These 2 guns genres, can kill 20+ allies at CQC range, far easier than any other gun genre. I don't know what stats have to do with that. Stats won't erase that fact. They kill more easily, than the other gun genres. No SMG & Shotgun are horrible at far ranges, so their kill time means nothing. Scout/Sniper are better by a ton, at close range. Than Shotgun or SMG is at far range. Actually I don't even know any far range shotgun or smg vets?? I've seen plenty of CQC scout rifles, tearing through allied squads like butter, 10 feet away. While also having a weapon that does really good at 200 feet away.

That's not a " personal " problem, or being " outplayed ", that's simply a gun that kills too fast at ANY range. Or all ranges. While most guns, do not. Lasher has plenty of reply time (the ammo is slow), shotgun you can out-range, battle rifle has lower dps reply time, HA you can out-flank easier, far range sniper you can find cover. So no. Obelisk dies at close range, to HA or LA. So what the hell weakness are you talking about? Shooting HA in the head at a doorway, faster than that HA can even reply, isn't " skill ". That's just abusing a far range weapon at short ranges, because the devs haven't nerfed it yet.

" Optics " as the only reason the 2 tapper crossbow was op, after the AOE nerf? Naw it just got headshots too easily. Simple as that. Maybe the optics had to do with that a bit, tho obviously the accuracy was way to easy to get that 2nd headshot, or you wouldn't have streamers calling the bow op, while they 2 tapp people. Wasn't a LA reason either, maybe with the AOE LA was the blame, yet after the aoe nerf, 2 tapping was any class that may wield the bow.

Also everyone should review the " stats " of whoever is replying, because I'm sure we have some scout rifle mains in this thread. Perhaps biased, for that reason. 1 hs or 2 hs, within 1 second, is b.s. at close to medium range, theirs no " stats " or " skill - talk " that'll fix that fact.

If you'll mention that CQC sniper rifles are op, then your going to have to list a few scout rifles too. If not, then oh well, but I'm still going to. I don't see the logic, believing a CQC sniper 1 shot in 0.1 seconds is op, but not a follow up shot that took only an extra 0.9 seconds, giving you 1 second to reply.

1 SECOND TO REPLY, scout or sniper at close to medium ranges, should be nerfed to the ground! Then release a few more new low dps mid range battle rifles & it's a day.
  10. JustGotSuspended

While I don't agree with the way he said it, it's true that brs and snipers need a bit more tunning. The best solution is to tweak weapons or weapon categories' hs multipliers. It makes no sense that a weapon that facilitates accuracy (headshots) should have the same hs multiplier as an lmg or a carbine.
    • Up x 2
  11. RRRIV

As i identified at the beginning, this is a rage post. atleast you are honest about it now. The Time To Kill(TTK) is on par with most other weapons in the game. this statement is true if you use the google docs numbers or the wiki numbers.

Im sorry some guy got under you skin by destroying your incompetent team at a tach plant. Try using the weapons "genres" you think are OP and see if your perspective is correct (since looking up your stats you don't even have a gold medal on the weapons you are talking about). Also, go ahead and look me up. I've auraxed the KSR and 99SV in order to get the sniper directive done. I have a fair few kills with the HSR and AMR. I know how the weapons perform in most situations.

RRRIVv2 TR emerald server.
  12. RRRIV

i kind of liked the "sweet spot" damage model for BF1. Maybe we brain storm if that damage model works for PS2 snipers and other precision weapons?
    • Up x 1
  13. JibbaJabba

psst. it's the cloak.
    • Up x 2
  14. JustGotSuspended

yeah I mean it's basic tweaks like making hs on smgs 1.8 or something of the sort so cyclone heavies don't peel your face off. Really it doesn't need to be anything drastic just some sort of hs multiplier decrease to allow people to react in most scenarios.
    • Up x 1
  15. TR5L4Y3R

i agree with this .. weapons that are meant for hitting the body should have appropriate base damage/DPS but only decent HSMP, weapons that encourage HSing should have decent/fair basedamage/dps but appropriate headshotmultiplyers ..

thing that however has been a thorn in my eye for the longest time .. XP gaining, directives, Missions etc. are too much focused on killing (even if it is just ONE kill) ... when it should be about dmg with kills and kill assists included .. and of course rearming, repairing, healing, scouting etc ... everything that helps with basecapture or/and basedefence ... not JUST killing .. ...
    i very much think that it among with shoving KD stats into peoples faces is what leads to current player behavior (including tired people going to farm cortium instead of wanting to play the actual game to progress) ....

not sure what to think about nanoweave ... is 10% movemeantpenalty enough to consider a different suit like shieldcapacitor?
    flakarmor i just don´t consider worth at all if you still can get oneshotted by an AP MBT (which still can have an AI turret anyway and is heavy armored (scrap realism, gameplay is what matters) ... so what the scrap is non-av infantry supposed to do but die anyway? ... give ALL classes a DEGREE of AV capability)

/rambling
    • Up x 2
  16. AuricStarSand

The other Imperetus or Guardian / TR sniper vets or trolls, were different people. Tho as of 10 seconds ago, this just happened. & it's happened before. Herman isn't the only vet to use scout or sniper rifles like this. I've ran into many others who 2 tap or 1 tap allies. Over varying regions with scout or sniper, too easily. Or more noticeable when cqc.

[IMG]

Both Pictures are point blank range. 1 inch away the 1st time, 1 foot away the 2nd time. So tech. Some1 would have to admit Sniper rifles are Deimos shotguns as well. It's no different with scout rifles, still 1 guy shooting 20 squad mates in the head, too rapidly & then running away. If they even ever need to run away. They usually don't.

Guardian scout rifle engi, doesn't need to run, to rain bullets down, with not enough reply time. Also Herman plays all guns, tho he's most cheap with scout / sniper & scout / sniper isn't even his main, he's a LA main originally. At least the other specs have more counter. This doesn't.

[IMG]

Many vets have done this to squads. 1 guy shooting 20. So I don't need to highlight 1 vet, out of many. We traded afew times, tho he's mostly killing all my allies or any them are. Over the years. CQC spawn room headshots, door way headshots, stairs headshots. With these 2 weps genre's at near range. Either way, these photo's happened at POINT BLANK range. Shotgun range. What next? Shotguns that can snipe people 2 miles out?? The 1st photo I swung my knife at the same time he hit his gun button, yet the gun killed faster than a knife swing. The 2nd photo is just another point blank, instant usual decloak shot. Scout rifle story isn't any different, besides spare 0.6 of 1 second, same result. Is no scoping still the issue, more recoil nerf? Medium range to close range, 2 tapping is op, for cqc. Is a scout rifle a 2 hitter shotgun? Tho ye, this was a 1 hitter photo. These guns shouldn't be hitting like a shotgun.

Am I suppose to Beamer a 1 hit qcq sniper or pistol whip a 2 hit medium range aura'ed scout rifle'er lol? LA earned me a few kills. HA seems like it would be too easily shot in the face or out-flanked. Why bother.
  17. RRRIV

Thats a CQBolter. we have many threads about them. TSAR = SASR = Ghost. you've used the ghost right? you know the difference between it and the Phantom/Spectre, yes?

you seriously have no idea what you are talking about and are just incoherently rambling.

The TTK for 99% of all infantry weapons is under a second, even accounting for usual accuracy. CQbolters can 1 shot headshot, CQSemis cant and neither can BRs and Scouts. In most situations where you got double taped by a CQSemi you would have been killed by a SMG or a carbine in the same amount of time.

Use the weapons you are complaining about and understand the strengths/weaknesses of them instead of ranting on the forums like a madman like you do in other threads.
  18. JustGotSuspended

I'm big on farming (infantry) directives. I have almost all the directive armor and weps in the game that you can unlock for free. Honestly I think most directives are fine the way they are now. Weapons directives focus towards kills of course, but there are still class specific directives to progress with as well, and few of the class directives rely on kills.

This has been an issue for me actually, because I'm able to grind kills much faster than revives or AA or repairs or whatever other stuff they ask for. The gameplay I enjoy is high-paced infantry combat, and I'm often the first to charge, flank, and throw my kdr out the window chasing stupid directives like the black camo using flare guns and knives.

Overall I understand the feeling for most players that 1160 x4 or 5 can seem like an impossible amount of kills to achieve. I also understand people who have played the game as long as me remember a time when assists did count as kills towards directives, and perhaps wish to bring back that system.

What I have to say is maybe a bit harsh, but try to understand. There are many really good players in this game. I'm not the best but there's times where I've auraxed weapons in 6 hours, days where I've gotten nearly 2k or even 3k kills in total. Of course it varies depending on the number of players online and the quality of fights, but generally it doesn't take me more than a week to complete directives. Some players I know have been working on directives for over 2 years and barely have them completed. Others will grind the betelgeuse in a day no problem. The thing is there needs to be a balance for directives. They can't be too easy or too hard to grind, and they can't be something so good players who won't/can't unlock them are at a disadvantage. Realistically, given the amount of time the game's been operational, I'd say directives are generally fair and fine as they are now, and I'm surprised they haven't added more beyond auraxium, as many players have more than 10k or even 100k on certain weapons.

It's also important to remember that directives generally suck. Shiny armor, camo and helmets is cool but a great way to be easily spotted, especially at night. Of all the directive weapons, the only one that's actually good, that I would consider "worth it" is the Newton (NSO carbine). Rest are all trash or decent yet worse versions of a default. Kraken, C4 arx and the auraxium knives are all honorable mentions as they are good and classy, but statistically identical to their defaults, so there's really no reward for unlocking them besides cosmetics.

Does a player to who the directive seems impossible really need these weapons? No. It's sad some even attempt to unlock them, as their can only expect disappointment upon unlocking them. Remember if we tweak the directives to make them easier for the "bad" players, imagine how fast decent players will be able to unlock them? We want some sort of challenge that makes the person feel accomplished upon completion.

That said, there are a couple directives I would slightly tweak. The Kraken for starters, having unlocked a couple myself, I can safely state it's one of the hardest directives ever since the launcher nerf. It's great news they added the masamune and scorpion to count towards that directive, but it's still far too difficult in my opinion. I would either make all empty vehicles count as a kill towards the directive, or count vehicle damage, say after 10 ticks it counts as a kill to the directive. This is simply because most launchers can't kill anything, and even if they do give enough time for the driver to bail...and the vehicle doesn't count as a kill unless it's a flash :mad: I would also maybe rework AA ribbons for obvious reasons. Otherwise my main issue would just be adding more choice on which weapons you can use to complete each directive (NSO in particular have barely enough options to complete directives without buying G or B variants) and adding more directives in general, with better rewards.

As for people believing kill based directives encourage stat farming or whatever, I'd disagree. Most of the hardcore people I play with never bother doing directives. Sure they might unlock the armor or lmg, or explosives by accident. But they don't actively chase directives. I on the other hand enjoy the grind, but it's cost me my KDR (launchers, flare gun, or just using weapons in situations I know they don't belong in just to chase the aurax). I'd argue directives are for people who don't care about their stats. And while I can agree to an extent chasing directive kills isn't always the best help to my faction, holiday directives, infantry armor directives forced me to be a help to my faction for quite a bit. I can't be constantly repairing someone's MAX or babysitting friendlies for no reward, for me it's not ideal "fun" gameplay.

Nanoweave nerf was silly the way they did it, but to be fair I didn't really notice. I was running symbiote flak or adren pump on most my loadouts and rarely using nanoweave anyways. I was kinda pissed they nerfed symbiote though cuz I dumped so much certs and iso maxing them on all my chars, even fresh alts lol. I think it's stupid they kept it as default for heavy after the nerf, I created new chars a couple times and thought I messed my sensitivity until I realized I was moving like a slug cuz nanoweave. I would prefer flak armor protect a bit more against tanks and a2g especially, but it's probably saved me move than nanoweave tbh, and the fact I can actually move fast allows me to dodge more bullets than nanoweave would mitigate anyways. And also I think you can survive ap shots with flak 5 unless you're infil...not 100% sure though
  19. AuricStarSand

SMG & Carbines don't have the same far range capability, or as many pros who play them, that way. So your saying Scout Rifle is as good as a SMG or Carbine at near range & even better by far range variations too? Ok.

I for sure know, HA vets or pros, aren't as OP as CQC sniper or scout rifles are, theirs no stats you can wave at me to ever convince me otherwise. Theirs some pros HA that go on killing sprees, tho they aren't ever not supplying reply time or flank space. Or few of them are, in comparison. As some HA do headhunt more than others, tho theirs also a option to deal with them 2 genres of guns that have high dps & accuracy, at 1 feet away, 4 feet away, 100 feet away, & 400 feet away. That usually kill faster than most HA guns, even if you do headhunt. I don't even main HA, not the slighest. Yet still are on their side for this 1.

Is it bolting, 1 hitting, or 2 double tapping that's the problem? Why not both? I use a Baron shotgun & most the time I get the kill off on the 3rd shot or so. Diemos can 1 hit, tho its slow & sluggish & has no range capabilities. Compare a Diemos, for range abilities, to any scout rifle, I don't even use the Deimos 1 hitter type shotgun, it's too sluggish.

Name me 1 pro, using a shotgun to kill 20 people solo, at the 2 mile mark. Or a shotgun, that's 2 hitting people 4 feet away & 400 feet away? The guardian has too much dps. The tr aurax scout has too much dps too it seems, would have to test. The Impetus has too much accuracy or too fast of a follow up shot, if vandel does too, than fairly judge both guns. Then 1 hitter sniper rifles should have reduced headshot damage by half, when within medium range or nearer. Over them.

Is it no scoping or low range optic aiming that's the problem? Aiming or not, it's not the aim, it's the rapid 1 hit 2 hit. The aim is just something to nerf it with recoil, if so. Was that the fix for the Dynamo?
  20. TR5L4Y3R

the problem with directives (weither or not one specifically goes after them) and missions (classspecific still asking for 15 kills) is that they often lead to suboptimal play which doesn´t fit with the game´s coregameplay imho .... sure if you have a good weapon with short ttk kills are easier to archieve (however pretty much everyone will have them) ... but what with second row support weapons .... as nice as battlerifles like the obelisk and dragoon are i mostly just damage people with them than killing and often get jack out of it .. same with suppresion LMGs (i am a NC EM 1 guy than EM 6) ... in short there are a lot of weapons and tools that one does enjoy but may not get much kills with ... the point is the directives and missions (and realy the core XP gain as well) lack that natural progression were you don´t have to think too hard getting your results, you just wanna go do it ..

and then i look at farming cortium xp vs xp in playing the game for an hour ... the latter often turns out to be pitifull ..
    it´s one thing to play the game and just have fun in a nice big battle, but i imagine for many a part of the "fun" and enjoyment of the game is to have that feeling of being rewarded fairly ..