Need tips for increasing FPS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChickenWings, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Czarinov

Eh, they are preventable by lowering your graphics...

It all boils to your preference, however, here is a very useful link for you particularly

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/planetside-2-tweak-guide#4

Use the arrows (previous, next) to navigate. There is a graphics settings analysis. Also limit the FPS in your config to -+ refresh rate of your monitor. It's totally useless for you to have it higher.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pointyguide2

yes that's true
    but then he would have to lower settings which would reduce prettiness.:)
    I tried to come up with ways to not reduce that prettiness. :)
  3. MarkAntony

since we are on the topic do you (or anybody else who is reading this) know any good monitors? I know very little about monitors. just that I have a 60 hz one and would like to upgrade to a better refresh rate now.
    what kind of refresh rates are there? what I mean by that is are there 61hz and 62 hz or is it scaled in bigger steps like 60-75-90?
    any recommendations if my budget was say 200€? or do i need to spend more to get something decent?
  4. Pointyguide2

I know not much at all about monitors.
    but there are 30hz <-- rare. 60hz <--- most common. 120hz<--- don't know but there are. 144hz<--- there are
    and that's about it
  5. MarkAntony

so i guess if i want to upgrade I'll have to go for 120 hz. I'll look some up.
  6. Pointyguide2

• Up x 1
  7. Czarinov

Yeah, I see ;)
  8. Erendil

LOL nice! Our graphics settings are nearly identical. :cool: Except that I have Ambient Occlusion turned off (It gives me a big FPS boost) and my render distance is ~2000m.
  9. Krayus_Korianis

Check this out...

Yea, you CAN tell between 30 and higher Frames Per Second.
    • Up x 1