need suggestions on heavy assault weapons

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Pointblank66, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Pointblank66

As someone who mainly plays heavy assault, I always try to lay down suppressive fire in order to support other players, but I just got back into the game and I have no idea where begin when it comes to looking for a good weapon.
    If anyone can help me out, that would be great.
    I use to play both TR and NC, and I looking for a weapon(s) for both factions.
  2. Shocky

the new NSX lmg would be good to start from as it has a large ammo pool if you get the extended mags. as for guns on each faction that more up to your personal taste, but if you are looking for a suppression gun on TR the rhino or bull will do the job now for NC the EM1 or EM6 will also work, but again its all down to what you like and how you play. i still recommend the new NSX lmg as all factions can use it and it fits the above mentioned play style. hope that helps
  3. VhynSeven

Just as Shocky said, however I'd like to say that starter LMGs for TR and NC are already good weapons for suppressive fire.

The T9 CARV doesn't have the accuracy of the Rhino or Bull, but makes up with a solid 750 RPM, which is the highest FireRate of any LMG. On the other side, the GAUSS SAW is a hard-hitting weapon, with a 5-6 bullet kill only, but requires good trigger discipline.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

I also play Heavy mostly, I believe it is the most flexible setup. After trying the stock LMG of each faction, I am now using the Gauss Saw.

At the beginning I hated it due to the heavy recoil, but I saved enough certs to have it fully equipped and now it is an awesome weapon.
  5. blackboemmel

Do NOT get the NSX Naginata as a starter weapon! It is difficult to use and only excels if you know exactly what you are doing.
    The best LMGs (according to the ServerSmash statistics) for NC/TR are the Anchor/MSW-R.
    BUT: They are not made for suppressive fire. If "suppressive fire" is your primary objective you'd be better off with a high capacity LMG.
    If you want one nice LMG for both factions there is only the NS-15.
  6. Shocky

if he was looking for a CQC end are be all gun they yes they would work but as he stated "suppression" gun the Anchor and MSW-R do not fit that as they have a lower ammo pool. and the NS-15 also falls into not a "suppression" gun as its more of a pinpoint laser then a weapon you would use to suppress a lane. NSX Naginata may have some issues but as a solely "suppression" based gun it works as it can have a high ammo pool with extend mags, and i recommended it as its common pool and if payed for with Daybreak cash both of his characters would have it. for "suppression" it would still be down to the EM1 or EM6 for NC or then Rhino or Bull for TR

the bull is because if the higher ammo pool then a MSW-R and the fact that it has a lower down time with is reload speed.
  7. Invictorum

Suppression weapon for TR?

Get the Chain-gun. Thing holds down halls ways like none other if you get extended mags.
  8. pck3

I am now looking for a weapon as well. I like all the stock NC weapons but the Heavy. I am looking for a lmg that doesn't have so much recoil. At rang I have to single fire to hit anything. Are all the LMGS going to be like that or can I find a better recoil weapon. If there are a tight group of people on the other side of the road from me I would like to accurately be able to put fire on them more like the medic class gun.
  9. Eternaloptimist

The NS15 probably has the least recoil but if you are into ES weapons........hmm, long time since I played HA much. However, the Anchor and Pulsar LSW have both seemed surprisingly good at longer range than I remember them - still got to fire short bursts but they kill Planetmans nicely enough. The T32 Bull is a bit of a beast at longer range as well - highest MV of any LMG in the game AFAIK
  10. FieldMarshall

If you are playing TR, the Carv-S with extended mags is pretty good for what you are describing.