[Suggestion] Need Sexy Female Armor/Skin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spritzerr, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Corezer

the shield is insulated.
  2. Corezer

Wouldn't mind some arms showing with tank top style armor ala Gears of War, and I could see cutting off the leg armor at the knee for a shorts-style appearance (pretty sure they have this in gears too. I could also see exposing the sides with a plate carrier esque armor with no undershirt (although that would rip some nips off IRL)

I mean as far as immersion goes, you're protected by the shield (this would be even more true if they changed HP/shield values to 250/750 like I've suggested in the past)

That being said, I'm not ready to go full "red silk briefs and black thongs only" for the cash grab, but they can definitely get a little neck/arm/side in
  3. alchoolete

U guys need to get laid...:D... with real girls, stop fantasizing about rubing yourself against a female light assault...:eek:
  4. JibbaJabba

Mind you I wouldn't mind some better armor choices for the male models.

In my book a Heavy Assault should wear a loin cloth and carry a Decimator full time. Maybe a dagger to hold in his teeth or something too.
  5. Halkesh

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Prudentia

hey i fantasize about the female vanu medic, not the light assault
  7. Syllabear

"I want to play a racing game!!!"
    "You guys needs to get a real car..."

Makes sense.
    This is a game and no one asked to **** a ******* ***** irl but a sexy skin, got it?
  8. Sazukata

Not an equal comparison. The equivalent for this game would be getting told to join the army or something.

I'm having a hard time guessing what all those censored words are, but nonetheless it's interesting to see how defensive some lads get over not having eye candy in games that don't thematically fit with sexualized characters.
  9. Mechmaniac

Damn fappers... return to play Overwatch pls
    • Up x 1
  10. Prudentia

can't play overwatch one handed like a Harrasser
  11. Syllabear

Not as defensive as you saying "get laid" or any other nonsensical ********.

I personally dont give a crap since the game is mostly first person and i am not really interested on this kind of stuff in this specific genere, yet im not against it giving 5 yo arguments for not having it.
  12. Corezer

You need to come out of the closet already and stop making people feel awkward with your faux concern over their sex lives.
    • Up x 1
  13. EclecticDreck

They do. For example, they're wearing armor custom fitted to their body shape - something that still isn't particularly common in real-world body armor.

And, personally, armor is a functional item and if you want to show it, it ought to *appear* functional. Sexy (which just means skimpy) armor leaves vitals unprotected. Rather than appearing functional, sexy armor appears to be less useful than *no armor* at all. It won't protect you, so why burden yourself with it in the first place?
  14. Tovarisch Maxim

So many horny kids getting over-protective about it. Please, return back to playing your Scarlet blade or something, dont ruin PS2 with the over-sexualised annoyiance.

I would be all for a Overhaul/Expansion of character customisation, but please without the annoying over-sexualised crap.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zagareth

OK, when we establish these skins and the enemy is distracting me by their female body, I want the headshot multiplier converted to a boobshot multiplier! :D
  16. Liewec123

but what about the magical powers it offers? :D
  17. Prudentia

hey isn't that the guy who made those lesbian BDSM comics that are sold all the time in humble comic bundles?
  18. ColonelChingles

To be perfectly fair though, PS2 armour as it currently exists makes no sense whatsoever either.

[IMG][IMG]

Head protection can range from completely absent to fully enclosed... yet the protection provided remains the exact same. Whether you're wearing a bandanna and sunglasses or what looks like slab armour, you're going to take the same damage to the noggin no matter what.

[IMG][IMG]

The same is true for the actual body armour. As you can see, the default armour already covers fairly little... a bit of the upper chest mostly, with kneepads and elbowpads providing negligible protection. The rest is simply cloth uniform with likely little to no ballistic resistance. Even if other infantry armours "look" more protective, field testing shows that they confer no additional benefit at all.

So we can conclude...

PS2 infantry armour is fairly pointless. Metal/composite plating offers no more protection than bare skin (and both are unusually resilient to weapons anywhere from 20mm to 75mm).

If PS2 infantry armour is fairly pointless, then it really doesn't matter how much or how little infantry are armoured. They could go in completely coated from head to toe in ballistic panels or they could wear a skimpy negligee... both solutions would result in the same (overpowered) levels of protection.

So your assertion that armour is functional is not true in PS2, and hence your conclusion that sexy armour is less useful is also probably flawed. Based on how we know armour works in PS2, it would likely be just as effective as anything heavier.
  19. EclecticDreck

The assertion was not that it is literally functional, but rather that I have a preference that it appear functional. It is a cosmetic item that does not impart resistance or HP bonuses after all.

Default armors apply relatively limited coverage as a general case. Heavy Assaults tend to have full torso protection, while light assaults and medics don't even fully cover the lungs and heart with obvious armor. Most people assume that the VS aren't wearing armor at all (which makes the fact that they're the only ones who wear head to toe armor by default kinda funny). Most of the other options dramatically increase the apparent coverage. Havoc armor, for example, appears to be a fully sealed suit of powered armor for a Heavy assault. Composite or Drakon extends coverage across the abdomen. All of Doku's armors show dramatic increases in obvious coverage, even for infiltrators!

There is nothing that prevents bikini armor in a mechanical sense. It's cosmetic, and thus a question of preference. And I much prefer armors that appear functional rather than ones that don't.
    • Up x 1