need pc help asap

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VSDerp, Jul 6, 2013.

1. VSDerp

well today i turned on my pc and the psu fan is making much louder noises. the system starts i can sign into windows but it seems kinda slowish for me. not sure but i click the pc off because the noise of the psu fan. wondering could this be a dying psu? btw i have a cheap diablotek psu i know its a bad brand but i just wanted some advice before i make my next move...thank you all in advance
  2. TheAppl3

Diablotek...

I'm surprised it didn't explode the instant you turned it on. It's probably dying. Get something such as OCCT to check if the voltages are stable or extremely wacky. It could just be the fan dying or it could be the absolute garbage unit frying itself.

Even if it keeps working, toss it. It will only cause you problems down the road. Please do buy a non-POS unit this time.
    • Up x 1
  3. VSDerp

thanks man. ya ima just buy a new one today. and thank you for the advice lol dont want my pc blowing up
  4. BlackDove

Buy a Seasonic or a Delta(Antec High Current Gamer are rebranded Deltas). They're pretty much the best PSU's you can buy. A lot of people arbitrarily recommend Corsair on the forums, not realizing that Corsair doesn't make a single PSU, but rebrands from several different OEM's. A lot of their PSU's are made by CWT, and I'd avoid those.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm That's the most comprehensive list for who actually makes PSU's with links to good reviews from places like PCPer or JonnyGuru.

That's always where I spend a significant portion of the build cost. My PSU and UPS cost over $300 alone, on a $2,000 build. I personally have a Seasonic X650 Gold and an APC BackUPS XS1000 for my single i5, single GTX 660Ti PC.
    • Up x 1
  5. VSDerp

thanks guys!