Need info on Engineer Directive please

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by DoucheSlayer, Aug 14, 2016.

1. DoucheSlayer

I'm trying to aurax this class and my spitfire turret has only ever killed four things, but I have around 50/1160 completed.
    Do spitfire assists count then too or is this something else?

Also max upgrading the passive ammo pack was probably my best choice in life ever.
  2. Purpoleon Dynamite

The availability of a second ammo pack is wonderful. Love it. Not sure why your directive score is different than the kills you mentioned. AFAIK, it is actual kills only that count for the turret directives. Including the "beeper gun". Now that we can carry more than one of them I have experimented with using them in support of pushes or larger fights rather than early warning. Being able to drop two or three allows you to keep one up where it is helpful or if destroyed. Another benefit of this is for vehicle support. Column stops or decides to hold a place for some time, drop a beeper gun. They may let you know someone is about, but they don't net many kills. Taking them along during an advance seems to do a bit better in that department. Working on my directive for it as well. Would love to hear other ideas for their use. Within the scope of their original design... :D
  3. IroncladBomber

As someone who finished the directive. If you are a ways off of the spitfire, you can get kills without it informing you. Personally i would use the AI MANA for the directive. Also, the second ammo pack is worth it, and repair sundies can give repair ribbons.
  4. DoucheSlayer

Yea I need to pick two from AV, AI, spitfire, or sticky grenades lol.
    My AV is 280ish purely from vehicles mostly and I completed the repairing one way over a year ago because I never cared about directives (lol) and I'm still on novice for heavy assault xD

It's just that to-date I'm pretty much rly close to my spitfire and it looks like if it shoots the enemy, enemy hides, I kill enemy, my spitfire directive goes up by one anyways. That's why I think I'm going to try to do AI and spitfire instead of my AV. AV is cool for infantry but on ps4 its a lil harder for the precise aiming
  5. hello1

When did this happen I never heard about it. How many can you carry now?
    • Up x 1
  6. Purpoleon Dynamite

I can never remember what comes out with each patch but IIRC it was within the last few months. So it is a relatively new addition. Look under "Engineer Certs" and "abilities". You will see it listed below the AV turret. Since the AV and Spitfire turrets are "extras" they are listed separately. There are three tiers to upgrade, each granting an additional Spitfire. So if you go absolutely nuts, or have an excess of certs that are burning a hole in your pocket, you can carry a total of four.

For those interested... Remember that our beeper gun will engage out to 50 meters. Finding a spot that allows for engagement at maximum effective range helps greatly. Many times the bad guys are busy with the infantry that are "in their face". Picking off wounded runners, cloaker bait, local security, additional suppressive fire... The possibilities are endless if you get creative.

Now if we could just get a ROF or slight damage buff for them we will be sitting nicely. Love me some beeper gun!