need help on system specs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by R4GING, Dec 21, 2012.

1. R4GING

our current specs:
    • OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
    • Memory: 4096MB (4GB) RAM
    • Hard Drive: 63.26 GB free
    • Video Memory: 1.00 GB RAM
    • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    • Sound Card: DirectX (11) compatible
    which spec(s) should we consider replacing ?
  2. NanoZx

I think you will need to replace most specs. Since most is outdated.

Here is what i run, and i can have 40/45fps average.

i5 760 Lynnfield 2.8ghz
    12 GB RAM ( buying memory is really cheap)
    Video Memory 2 GB
    Video Card: EVGA GTX 660 SC
  3. Clem

Everything if you want to run the game on decent settings with a smooth framerate.
  4. R4GING

ok, which spec(s) is/are the most important then ? or which one(s) would improve fps greatly ? because we may not be able to replace all.
  5. bishopau

Could start with new MB + CPU + RAM. Video card might fit in your new MB but will be the bottleneck going forward.

I have a similar desktop and its basically start again due to the new CPU requiring a new MB. A second hand CPU to fit in your MB will still give a slight improvement but a new i5 will be a huge improvement.
  6. R4GING

not so good with PC so let me clarify stuff.

are you saying that a new Video Card would give the most improvement ? and that the only reason to start with a Motherboard is to make that Video Card fit ?
  7. bishopau

Your video card should fit in an upgrade but your best upgrade as I have a E6550 and have looked into it will be a new i5 processor + motherboard (as each newer CPU requires a different socket) + new ram for the new motherboard. Down the track you could buy a new video card and that way you can space your purchases out a little.

On an aussie forum I follow they recommended to me:

CPU: I5 3570K – $233
    MOBO: ASRock Z77 PRO3 Motherboard – $115
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 – $49
    HSF: Coolmaster Hyper212 EVO – $35
    TOTAL: $432

This recommendation was for overclocking as thats what I've done to run this game.

A little cheaper and no overclock was:

Down the track I would buy the best value video card I could afford.

Also as we have similar specs here is my UserOptions.ini which keeps the fps ok for a old machine.

8. Cedj

It's a tricky situation, one I've been in before. It's pretty much set up that you can't upgrade one component to get a considerable boost, each upgrade pulls for more.Let me try to explain a bit deeper.

To update your CPU you need a new motherboard to match the new CPU's socket. After you upgrade your motherboard you need new memory ( i assume you have ddr2/800). You didn't specify your power supply but there is a chance you would need to upgrade that too.

On the other side, depending on your monitor's native resolution you could upgrade your graphic card somewhat without causing a critical bottleneck by your CPU. If you have a full hd monitor you should be able to run a medium spec graphic card with a PCIE 2.0 or 2.1 slot. On lower resolutions a new graphic card would be completely choked by your CPU, you would get screen tearing even in older games.

My suggestion is leave it as it is and slowly start collecting money for a whole new one down the road. You really don't have any worthwhile upgrade choices;/