Need help finding a particular upgrade.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mojo_man, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Mojo_man

Not certain this is the best place to ask, but I'd like to invest some certs into the upgrades that grant access to Squad beacons, as well as access to the higher end text chat options. Please help :)
  2. Bottar1

Leadership certs?
  3. Mojo_man

Yes. Are leadership certs something other than regular certs or am I not understanding you? To be clear, I want to be able to place a squad beacon for my friends to be able to rapid deploy on, and I want to be able to send out an "Orders" type chat so everyone on my faction can see it.
  4. Greenfrog

as said above, you're looking for the certs tab - you'll see the basic infantry classes on top (medic, engineer, etc) - then there's vehicles in the middle (liberator, reaver, etc)

then, at the bottom, IIRC, a lonesome bar that says "leadership" - click on that option, and it'll open up all the squad-leader based cert options

the bar *may* be visible before level 10, I can't remember, but at least one of the key certs (the SL beacon) is unavailable until you reach rank 10 - I don't remember/know how many of the others may be restricted by rank

also, it's not under the leadership options, but one of the basic squadleader certs is the Sunderer's ability to turn into a mobile deployment station (the AMS - can't remember what it stands for) - that's under the Sunderer certs

all of this is based on my very poor and inconsistent memory - the actual location of the leadership cert tab may be somewhere else - but I *think* I've got it right
    • Up x 1
  5. Bottar1

Need level 10 and its in the cert section when you press m - > certifications or whatever.