Need Help finding a HA gun (Vanu)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kerros, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Kerros

Hey all, I've been trying to figure out a good weapon for my HA which has been something I've been putting off in favor of upgrading my lib with dalton, walker, tank buster etc. etc.

Title says it all. My PERSONAL idea as far as i can figure, is debating the SVA-88 vs N5

But i'm open to other suggestions and appreciate it. If you could, tell me why the gun your suggesting in question, is a good one.

Thanks
  2. gamespyer0350

Flare for mid range, or any range with headshots. It's a real heavy hitter.

LSW is considered awful.

Polarix was fun, I can't recommend it at your stage. It's a **** it why not gun.

NS is mid-close, with .75 ADS (moves super fast when aiming) but a lower dmg output, know your skill level with this weapon as it needs some finesse

The Sva is interesting, with a decent hipfire and good ADS with .75 it should be a godly CQB weapon. I just can't use the damn thing, so I can't say much here.

Ursa is generally considered bad as well, haven't used it much. Wouldn't bother with it atm.

Orion: considered OP. Srsly, people rage hard against this gun. It's free, only needs a forward grip, and has that .75 ADS. Meant for CQB though, so it's aplaystyle choice in the end.

Personal list best to worst: Orion, Flare, NS 15, LSW, Polarix, SVA, URSA.

Hope that helps!
    • Up x 1
  3. cobaltlightning

I would go with the Polaris, but it's more of a support gun than anything. 100 bullets means many pews, and mod it right and you will be able to stay on target no matter the range you're fighting at. It's decent for general purpose, even if it doesn't have the kill potential as some of the other Vanu LMGs.

The Orion is another good choice, even if people ***** and whine. It empties it's 50 round magazine quickly, and will put you in a near 4 second reload if you don't pay attention a lot. It also has the lowest muzzle velocity of all Vanu SMGs (barring the Bettlegeuse) at 570, with the second lowest being the Flare's at 577, and is actually the lowest muzzle velocity of all LMGs in the game tied with NC's EM6 which hits harder at longer ranges and easier to control. All of this, paired with its high rate of fire and the fact it shakes a lot when fired, keeps the Orion in CQC situations, or out to mid range with trained hands. This is where the .75x ADS is important, people: Close-Mid Range. The Orion performs *** anywhere beyond that.

You also got your Lasher, although it doesn't count as an LMG. Due to the nature of it, the Lasher is still a valid option, because no one likes it when a few dozen plasma balls of death are coming at them. Just remember to aim for the feet.

Lastly,the NS-15M2 is another general choice weapon, but it trades in the killing potential for versatility at range. It can still kill, but again not nearly as well as other LMGs. You also have bullet drop with the NS-15M2, which can take some getting used to if you use Vanu Exclusively.

EDIT: These are only the weapons I have had experience with.
  4. UberNoob1337101

Heh, depends on your play-style. SVA-88 hits harder and still has good accuracy and 75 rounds in it's mag and it has decent reload speed. Nice gun overall, think about it as an Orion of the mid-long range engagements.

NS-15M is the most ezmode thing you can get for your HA, literally, my dog can pick up this gun and my HA and start owning noobs. It's awesome for a starter HA player, but still really good at any range. The lower theoretical DPS and RoF is nothing if you can magically land all shots with it, in this case the NS-15M can do it, I suggest you pick it up no matter what gun you pick up now, sooner or later you will realize it is a powerhouse meant for any range.

Though, if you are finding yourself in CQC-midrange situations stay with the Orion, it's a beast of a gun and can extend it's dakka up to mid-range.
  5. Kerros

What's the purpose of the lasher? I've tested it and its got some bloody decent splash damage

Also, been trying the Ursa out and even though Low ROF. Its got some intense range on that thing
  6. Eternaloptimist

I run witht he NS15 on my Vanu. I'm not saying Vanu guns are bad......I just can't get the hang of using them or finding one that seems the best fit for all situations compared to the NS15. If the NS arsenal wan't available I'd probably go for the SVA88 but then I haven't tried the Polaris.
  7. Ximaster

Please,tell me,i see a lot of Vanu HAs using a weapon that fires fireballs,and i question to they whats the name of the weapon and they said me that the name is Lasher,so,Lasher is good compared to other LMGs???? They said me that do AoE damage.
  8. Quiiliitiila

Lashers are incredibly fun to play with, but unless you are in the right position (elevated within close to ~medium range) you will be killed by almost every other weapon in game. It's sad, it's a very niche weapon that is really punishing to the user if used for anything other than elevated mid range suppression.

There was some talk about making the lasher orbs actually "lash" and deal some damage as they passed enemies even if they missed, which would've been amazing because their usefulness when fighting people at the same elevation or above you would've skyrocketed.

As it stands it's great at what it does best, suppression, but it's actually only decent at suppression when used from elevation and in groups of two or more. Many people can tank the Lasher AoE damage and just run out of your line of fire before you kill them, it's made even easier if they have flak armor. So often it's best to run a Lasher if you have another heavy with one who can run with you.

I personally run almost exclusively with Lasher on my HA, it's tough and you'll often be frustrated when some half dead LA still manages to outgun you because of your low RoF and brutal missed shots. However, I really don't think there's another gun in game that's nearly as fun as the Lasher.
  9. Ximaster

Builded now,i cant resist to build this incredible weapon and its very useful,the trick is to aim to feet in the same elevation. So thanks for the explanation :D