Need Heavy Assault tool Info & rationale please

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Targanwolf, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Targanwolf

I read the descriptions of the various tool types....nano mesh generator.....resist shield...adrenalin shield
    and they really don't tell me anything about play style for each.. Why one vs the other ?
    I'm new to this class..been engineer.....getting good at sniper......but never had an in your face character to retake a generator or control point when you know there is likely someone waiting for you.

What would be the best tool for projectile protection ?
    or am I trying to "make do" and really HAVE TO HAVE a MAX ?

( fyi..I play VANU BR 59 atm)
  2. Iridar51

Check out my PlanetSide 2 Game Guide, link is in my signature. The HA section (the first one in "Classes") has description of all HA abilities.

The game guide itself contains a lot of basic information about the game.
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

NMG and AS both block up to 607 damage completely, the only difference between them is how they recharge.
    NMG you cert to make it regen faster over time. Default is 60sec to regen from empty, max level is 45secs.

AS you regen shield over time at NMG default rate, but every guy you kill give you a % of your shield replenished, 20% for max rank.
    If you turn them on before engagement, you are wasting your HP, as for every sec it is on it drains 43HP worth of energy.

These shields are best used after you start taking damage but before your personal shields are depleted.
    This will make it so you kill the guy and don't take damage to your Green HP bar.

Resit shield blocks 40-45% of incoming damage while active. So you will take damage always, you just take less of it.
    You have to turn this shield on before engagement for max benefit.
    If you wait until you start taking damage to turn it on, then you are only reducing the damage on what shield/HP you have left.

Also keep in mind, Nanoweave armor small arms resistance does not stack with Resit shield.

Playstyle:
    NMG = hey I am being shot at, press F to block the next 600 damage.
    Resist = I am going to round this corner, I better turn on my shield first, I am going to go in this door, I better turn on my shield first.
    • Up x 2
  4. Keldred

I have a very run and gun play style so Adrenaline shield works best for me. it takes longer to cert into but is by far the best option if you have an aggressive play style.
  5. Shanther

Resist + ASC is also really good for hyper agressive people as well because of the extremely low downtime.
    • Up x 2
  6. 66six

first of all don't ever use nmg. it's just not good. you can pretty much apply any kind of play style to any shield/suit slot combo. what it comes down to is what kind of player are you? if you can drop people quickly and in succession then adrenaline/nanoweave can be incredible. if you're not yet to that level then resist/ac is the most forgiving and accommodating of the combos, but still extremely effective. resist is also great for chugging med kits and giving you that extra survivability when caught off guard. basically, adrenaline is a reactive shield whereas resist is a proactive shield. since you play as vs adrenaline can be especially good. because adrenaline is reactive and your lmgs have .75 ads you have all this speed when you initiate a fight without being bogged down by having to use resist shield right away and getting that speed decrease. your .75 ads lmg then becomes that much more effective at evading shots. just activate it when you take some damage. it's also smart to remember that activating adrenaline costs some energy so it wouldn't be dumb to activate it right before a kill so you have max damage mitigation and don't get jumped right after you're done with the target.