Need Deployed Mine Indicator

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Soylad, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Vorpal

I would love to see a count of which mines I have deployed. That should be really easy.

They do cost resources after all, so I don't want to place mines when they are all still active.
  2. Eric Smith

PS1 had indicators for how many deployables you'd already laid out as well as map indicators showing where they are. I expect that eventually PS2 will have such an indicator. It's just one of many features that hasn't made it into this Open Beta yet.
  3. PopeUrban

Need sooner rather than later, but honestly, with the current state of the minimap I feel like we could skip those indicators until we have some better filtering options/a more schematic terrain view. Just some simple numbers on the HUD would be fine. Show me the number of deployed tank,infantry, and c4 explosives I have deployed, make sure other classes have the same information for their c4/mines as well, problem solved.
  4. Juni

A thousand times yes! I recently started playing an engineer and I hate it that I cannot see if my mine is still there or gone or on a paid vacation with super models, I need info! =P
  5. Gearlock

You just blew my mind man. I knew about nightvision, but not disabling.

I roll with a NV scope usually.

Sweeeeet.
  6. 4Unruly

I don't care about seeing where I placed them on the map. I would just like something that said how many were out. Even if they just changed the shot total to only include exploded shots instead of dropped units. At least I could look at the total and see if they had blown up.

Not knowing vastly reduces the viability of the place wait tactic.
  7. Soylad

I had no idea that mines could be "defused". That an Engi thing I assume?
  8. Xyrm

Yeah, requires the tool.
  9. ATX78640

i support the op
  10. Soylad

Still think this is a good idea that SOE should consider. 3-5 little dots on the UI is all I'm asking for.
  11. Jaloro

Desperately needed.
  12. Soylad

This shouldn't be all that complicated and would significantly enhance Engineer game-play.
  13. Eric Smith

I do wish they'd add a deployment indicator. I was in a tough Tech Plant defense yesterday and I was the only of 3-4 Engy's (plus 6-8 Turret Gunners and a couple Burster Maxes) on the Turret Level who was smart enough to mine the Lift Up so that enemies couldn't come up behind us (particularly annoying were the Light Assaults who could jump straight from the lift to the rooftop). I had to listen for the explosions and watch my kill XP carefully to know when one of my Claymores went off (a Claymore doesn't always kill an infantry - I think Nanoweave 4-5 will survive with a couple bars of health, and a HA with Shield up can survive as well). There were a couple times when I got a kill, went downstairs to restock my Claymores, got another kill, laid my 2 Claymores, went downstairs to restock again, got another kill while I was down there, and had to replace the missing Claymore. VS, such suckers :D

On the bright side I picked up about 30 kills with my Claymores over the course of an hour, not to mention all the repair and Resupply XP I got. Wasn't the best scoring gig, but it was good and fun :) I wonder if all those guys on the roof knew I was saving their bacon? Nah, they probably went on repairing their turrets in ignorant bliss.
  14. Soylad

I would still like to see this implemented.
  15. RichTheMad

+1 - should be easy to implement since there's obviously already code that tracks how many you have out.
  16. Soylad

Yes it should be.
  17. Soylad

Too bad this simple little couldn't make it in the patch. But they sure found some way to **** up the fps this time around. Thanks SOE o_O
  18. Selerox

19. Leal

This a million times. Specially in battles where everyone is just chucking grenades or shooting explosives everywhere "Just cause there might be mans there!" and I dunno if that set off any of my stuff, and I'd rather not wait till AFTER a point gets captured or someone suicide rushes a magrider right into the vehicle depot to find out its been blown up.
  20. Shiladie

I fully support this idea.
    Have a small section that tells you what deployables you have active at any time. This should include all of the following:
    Prox mines
    Tank mines
    C4
    Ammo Pack
    Turret
    Spotter-dart

An icon for each active and a timer for how long they'll remain there if they have one (ammo pack/spotter dart).
    • Up x 2