Need Deployed Mine Indicator

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Soylad, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Soylad

Equating mines to a proximity detector is a bit of a stretch. I'm just looking for a maximum of 3, 4, or 5 dots on the UI that indicate whether or not the mines I've deployed are still in the field. AT mines are very expensive and this would be a helpful tool to help manage that cost.
  2. Wibin

Just an indicator showing active mines in simple text would be fine.

mines - 2.

Okay, I know I have 2 active mines out.

or AP and AV with a number instead.

Simple nuf.

I never know if my other mine has went off or not.
  3. ReaperD

I was surprised this wasn't implemented to begin with.
    Also I want to be able to see the icons of my mines from a good distance. And probably my teammates should be able to see the icons as well. That way we can trick a mine to go into a minefield.
  4. Radian12

Yeah it os definitely helpfull just for the sake of them if they do not explode.
  5. Ryekir

It's not that much of a stretch, I use them (sort of) in this way. When I roll up to an outpost, I'll drop one mine at the each exit of the enemy spawn room before heading to the capture point. If I suddenly get a kill (or even hear the explosion), I know that there is an enemy at the base that I'm going to have to deal with.

This also works when defending a bio lab. I'll drop a min right in front of the shield generator and go about my business elsewhere. When the mine goes off and kills the poor sap trying to overload it, I know that I need to head back over there because the enemy is making a push on the generator.
    • Up x 1
  6. JammyJ

I agree, a counter for all deployables should appear once you have them placed, very small on the HUD or a command even such as /deployables. An ammo range indicator would also be nice on the minimap kind of like the sunderer, or like in TF2 the sentry gun shows the area it will effect. Same goes for ammo and repair sunderers, something very minimal so that we can see when friendlies are under the effects of the vehicle.

These little things would be a great addition.
  7. Yafes

we deserve this feature more than ever now since AT mines are nerfed. I simply can not believe the only only broken thing to fix was AT mines. At least give us carrot
  8. Xasapis

They wouldn't kill them to give us a countdown timer on all vehicles etc used as well, so we know when can use another vehicle, without sitting in front of a terminal screen doing nothing.
  9. Bubbalicious

^agree with OP. Any class with mines should have some type of deployed indicator. Also fix the issue of instant Exploding mines when ever you drop a mine near a friendly players location.
  10. Wibin

An indicator makes no difference on proximity.
    I'll drop one on the path into where I'm at just to see if people are trying to sneak up on me.
    Even in a full on fire fight I can still catch the explosion while repairing a generator or other things.
  11. Wibin

God that is annoying!

i've dropped prox mines in the middle of a room. Granted its suicide, but I'll run in taking fire to drop a mine in the middle of 10 guys only to blow myself up and do no damage to anyone else....

WTF is that?

Am I exploiting? No. its a suicide! Duh.

well throw a grenade in there.

Yeah, everyone scatters and somehow it kills me instead.
  12. Wibin

Doesn't have to be on the main screen GUI but the sub screen. Just click the vehicle tab and have it throw up the status right there.

I don't need silly **** cluttering up my screen, but its annoying running around to find a terminal to only find out you gotta wait another 5 minutes.
  13. Soylad

If you drop 3 mines in different locations, you have no idea which of the three detonated. You just know that one is down and you can drop another without wasting your resources. I'm still not buying this proximity detection thing. It's not like I'm asking for a mark to appear on the map. If you only drop one mine and it goes off, well you got lucky and caught the vehicle coming in behind you. No big deal.
  14. Goodkat

This is an obvious thing that should be in. The only reason it is not in is the developers haven't spent the time to do it yet.
  15. Wibin

Mines are great to watch your back.

Though I'll sometimes put them down and forget to check if they are there when i move.

If it never detonates, sometimes I get a random kill 15 mins later when somebody runs over it.

So I just dont use mines unless I'm sure its gone or i need to place one.
  16. gorviss

with 68 views and no negative comments I would say you have 68 people who agree with you...wait I'm in too so make that 69.
  17. Novmiech

Bumping for a common sense fix.

Not fun placing 2 mines 200m to the north, then 2 mines 200m to the south. Killing someone - then having to simply GUESS which ones went off and start running around trying to see if they are still there or not.
  18. GTGD

Surprised nobody has thought of this before! :p

Definitely need a little counter as well as the option to double click on an icon on the map to deconstruct them. I don't always want to remove the mine I placed first.
  19. Crixus

+1 neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddd
  20. TheScapegoat

There is a detection means in the game, get a IRNV Scope mines glow pretty damn bright. And using your tool you can defuse them for a nice little XP bonus.