Need an update on 3D spotting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WUNDER8AR, Sep 6, 2014.

1. WUNDER8AR

Hi,

I (re)started playing the game about 1 1/2 months ago after a break and I'm a bit confused about 3D spotting since things must have changed quite a bit. It seems like in certain situations manually spotted targets only appear marked for the spotter himself not for the rest of the team. Particularly when I'm flying ESFs I rarely come across pre-spotted targets and almost never do I see enemy aircraft being marked with a 3D icon nor on the map. I can't imagine that people don't Q spot anymore since in aerial combat spotting is crucial for being able to keep track of your target and your surroundings.

I for one spot aircraft all the time regardless of whether I'm on the ground or in the air, yet my teammates in the air seem to either ignore it or they don't even get the notification displayed on their end.

Can anybody explain to me how spotting in aerial combat works right now?

Thanks in advance
  2. ColonelChingles

Just this past week a lot of the "Q-spotting" broke, where you will call out a target but it will not appear on the mini-map.

Supposedly the patch today was supposed to address this, and I didn't notice anything unusually broken.

There is a "cooldown" for q-spotting, so you can't spam it everywhere.

Or your allies might just be pretty dense. I see people get flanked all the time... even when I have my Infiltrator Motion Sensor up in the area. :p
    • Up x 3