Need Advise about skill

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by HunterXCooL, Jul 29, 2015.

1. HunterXCooL

Whats the difference between Hunter Cloacking and Nano Armor Cloacking??
    Whats u guys usually use and why??
  2. Navron

I've always thought the descriptions on the cloaks were pretty self-explanatory.

Basically, the Hunter cloak is the default one. It lasts longer than NAC and is generally used for all ranges but mostly long and medium. NAC has a noticably shorter use but you take less damage while you're cloaked. It's best for close range encounters. In my opinion, NAC requires a little more aggressive play style when used close range. To be honest, I would recommend it only once you've gotten use to playing Infiltrator and you know all the nuances.

If you are just starting, stick to Hunter and Stalker for now.
    • Up x 2
  3. HunterXCooL

Ty for the reply Navron
    So Hunter it is coz i dont like getting shot at while cloacking anyway... Its a wrong move infil lol
  4. Biddion

I use nano armor for escapes. Think about it after you are tired of that last bullet wrapping around the corner to kill you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ximaster

I only recommend to use nano cloak if u are user of autoscout like SOAS-20,AF-18 Stalker or Artemis. With other weapons is better the hunter cloak,in my opinion.
  6. TechPriestess

...I use Stalker :'D

The only time I use the other cloak is when I'm bored and sniping for target practice, so Hunter is the only logical choice there.
  7. DirArtillerySupport

I don't like infiltrators. You can't trust them. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  8. Navron

If you're using one of the fully automatic scout rifles, you might as well apply it to SMGs as well.
  9. Dualice

If I'm running Nanoweave I generally pair it with the standard Hunter Cloak. Quite a nice ambush-type loadout is Grenade Bandolier full of EMPs, paired with Nano-Armour Cloaking. You can toss the EMPs to remove shields/class-specific abilities, do your thang with your SMG or whatever, and you can use the Nano cloak to cover your escape if you balls it up.

Bear in mind the Nano-Armour one drains faster, and recharges slower, so you need to micro-manage your usage more carefully.
  10. Navron

I recommend EMP Shield if you go this route.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dualice

Yeah not a bad idea that - I infrequently tend to EMP myself :p
  12. MisterSlim

I'll add my $0.02 here. I use NAC for mid to long range sniping for several reasons (and I'm likely one of very, very few people who do so xD). I play my NC super aggressively, focusing on a high KPH, rather than a fantastic KDR. This aggressiveness keeps cloak cycles short, almost to the point of cloak flashes, and almost negates the effect of the shorter duration. In addition, getting hit by a stray round every now and again won't light you up, and once it's maxed, you can actually survive a lucky countersniper's headshot whilst cloaked, at reasonable range (I forget the exact distances). Once you get some experience under your belt, and want to try a faster paced playstyle, I'd recommend maxing it out and giving it a shot.

-Stay Frosty
  13. _itg

I've recently started using NAC with the Vandal, after noticing that a big portion of my deaths were from getting shot after recloaking as I tried to move back to cover. It has saved my life any number of times, including 2-3 BASR headshots, and I don't miss the extra cloak time very often, since the Vandal neither requires you to close the distance to the target nor stand still in order to shoot. If I ever make an effort to Auraxium the semi-auto snipers, I'll definitely try it with NAC.