[Need advice] TR LA CQC "stealth" weapon

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by MaxCrax, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MaxCrax

Thread subject recap: Terran Republic, Light Assault, Close Quarters Combat, weapon with suppressor.

What I want:
    A silenced weapon for solo/small group engagements on Crown type towers (Indar Excavation SIte, Saerro Listening post, etc), close quarters. For fun. "Hit-n-Run", "Spray-n-Pray" playstyles.

First question: is such build viable?
    2nd: is the shotgun approach better? If yes, what shotgun+upgrades is better?
    3rd: What upgrades (weapon or LA itself) are useful for such playstyle. Aside from obvious C4 and jumpjets.

Discussion and videos are welcome :)
  2. Regpuppy

Default Trac-5 with laser dot, reflex sight, and suppressor or just the Nighthawk shotty with extended mag. Other than that, it doesn't truly matter. If you want your ammo to go further, then use the extra ammo suit cert. If you want to take 1 more bullet, one or two levels into nanoweave (anymore is honestly a waste for LA)

As much as I have an irrational hate for your faction, because they oppress mine. I can not suggest Adrenaline rush because it's boost to speed is fairly minor. But if you don't mind and don't really need the extra ammo or being able to take literally one more bullet. Then go for it.

Other than that, there's not much I can suggest for that playstyle.
  3. MaxCrax

And what about this?
  4. Cinc

I'll never comprehend why no one think to shoot these people.

I keep seing people pop up in youtube videos with god-like K/D rates who obviously arent hacking, who no one ever seems to decide to shoot.

Honestly, i would of been shot dead 5 times in the first minute of that!
  5. Regpuppy

I should've mentioned. I'm not a regular TR player. I only go on their to trial some weapons and see what I should be watching out for after every update. But I am semi-familiar with the trac-5 and it's similar in function to my NC carbine of choice. I also didn't want to assume you were going to buy a gun or grind out a gun on my suggestion either.

Regardless, for any weapon you choose you'll need to look for rate of fire, the ability to get an advanced laser dot, preferably reflex scopes for faster ADS speed, and finally soft point ammo if available. Because actual "close range" to the game is fairly short and most combat happens in the lower part of mid range to the outter part of close quarters.

Best tip. Trial every gun you can, even if you have to make and delete your two available alt slots to trial more ;P

See what fits your purpose and what feels best. But remember that pure damage per second and rate of fire is king at closer ranges.

If you want to emphasize mobile -extremely close- combat with spray and pray, go Nighthawk. If you want more stealth and a little more flexibility. Get a fast firing carbine with a tight hip-fire cone of fire.

shhhh

Edit: Oh, don't engage maxes without C4. It takes too many rounds and you'll quickly get discovered. Also, when they cannot see you, don't be afraid to wait for a good shot. It's better to kill someone quickly instead of pepper them until they're dead, giving away your position for sure when they respawn. Hard to check position if you get ganked by fewer well placed shots.
  6. Iridar51

Lynx or Jaguar with adv. laser sight and suppressor is what you are looking for.
    But "viable"? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Will you have fun running and silently shooting people in the backs? That depends on you. Will you have success in shooting people in the backs? That depends mostly on you, but as you yourself said, this gameplay is possible not on all bases, so at times you might find yourself struggling to find a suitable engagement place.
    Shotgun is better for exrremely close ranges, but horrid for everything else, I wouldn't recommend using it, it will narrow your engagement range even further.

I wouldn't recommend using nanoweave, because with such a bild you either find favorable engagement and kill an enemy before he even notices you, or you will get discovered and die. Ammo belt might be good, since you're probably going to be running alone for the most part, but ammo belt is a cert sink, so you might be better off with grenade bandolier lvl1 or adr. pump for starters.
  7. {joer

^This
    I suppose when you are making a video you wait until you get one with awful players against you. Saw one of someone sniping at the end of a biolab platform into the defenders and all I could think about is how horrible they other guys must be, he wouldn't last 10 seconds normally.
  8. Strilac

most of the time he is out of their FOV, thats why, its not accident its gained skill
  9. Moryg

With a suppressor, high ground and constantly moving, you can go undetected for quite a while. But like you said, the better your opponents are, the harder it gets. It's also related why the videos seem like their opponents are horrible - what's the point of showing a video of landing, getting 2-3 kills or less and dying. You show your killstreaks and highlights, not every fight you get.
  10. Wolfwood82

I sometimes think the same way, but I've had similar kill streaks where I take out 10-12 guys in a row. The only difference is these people record hours upon hours of footage just for that one awesome kill streak or for kill streak videos.

Usually if you watch the videos the player flails and fumbles often and it's sheer luck that he isn't taken out. Wako's video is a good example of this as typically when I spend 2 seconds in the air with an enemy around, I'll end up dead. Not very hard to track someone hanging in the air.

As for the OP, Jaguar or Lynx with advanced laser and suppressor is your best bet. Reflex sight would be the best compliment for such a load out as well. And because it's CQC you're probably better off with medkits and a grenade bandolier or flak armor rather then C4. Lots of grenades in close quarters combat.