Nearly extinct esf noseguns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheZetifate1745, Apr 23, 2017.

1. TheZetifate1745

Like 10% of the esf population on my server use anti infantry noseguns. Practically 0% use the long range noseguns aka antares,kestrel, and locust. I think these noseguns should be used at least as much as rotararies. Maybe buff or make them prettier.
  2. LaughingDead

No, all the noseguns you notice are AI noseguns. Unless its a desolate server then there should be a lot more AV fighters buzzing about.
    • Up x 1
  3. Icehole1999

Nobody uses AI nose guns because you're not supposed to be able to kill Infantry with aircraft. Because that is just so OP and unfair.

Working as intended
  4. DeadlyOmen

Don't blame enemy ESFs for attacking ground units.

In combined arms warfare, the purpose of gaining air supremacy is to attack ground units with air units. If your air force isn't defeating enemy air, they will attack the ground.
  5. Demigan

Eh, guys? The OP said that AI infantry guns were almost never used, and he wants them, alongside with the long-range versions, to be used more often, meaning they need to be buffed so they rival Rotaries in usefulness. It's not as if the OP was unclear or wrote a giant wall of text. It's literally two sentences!
    • Up x 1
  6. Icehole1999

I want AI aircraft guns that work too. Don't imagine we'll be seeing it any time soon.

Seriously though, it's like they only want aircraft fighting aircraft.
  7. CutieG

Yes. That's what we have Liberators for.
    Now get the ******* air superiority fighters out of the groundpound game.
    Either that or give them a really distinct audio cue so that you know that the buzzing vulcan that you are hearing is not a Harrasser or Heavy and will thus kill you thrice as quickly and make cover useless.
    Any ESF that gets into ground engagement range should be able to be heard by anyone who could be a target. Similar to how vehicles get lock-on warnings and cloaks produce sound.
    • Up x 1
  8. LaughingDead

I swear to god he said only instead of on and editted it >:C
    • Up x 1
  9. Demigan

It doesn't say it was edited, and the sentence "Like 10% of the esf population only my server use anti infantry noseguns." doesn't make sense.

But, honest mistake I guess.
  10. Tankalishious

Plz. The AI nosegun only gives you a YYYUUUGE disadvantage if another ESF comes by. Any pilot with a skill level above a mildly boiled potato have no problems using the stock nosegun/rotary gun to kill infantry in shorter time than a dedicated AI gun.
    And when we are on the subject of AI guns, the same potato pilots prefer to lol-pod instead because its even more skill less.

People who complain about ground pound ESFs simply dont understand combined arms. Nomatter what combat game (or real life for that matter), whoever controls the air, dominates most likely the rest (bar few exceptions). If you are crying about ground pound, get a friend and pull ESFs and get rid of those groundpounders. If they are lolpodheads or AI nosegun, its like shooting fish in a barrel
  11. TheZetifate1745

What is the point of air besides stopping gall drops and libs if it cant kill infantry and vehicles and pretty much everybattle there is one annoying skyguard killing me while i try to do teensy bit of damage to infantry or vehicles.
  12. TheZetifate1745

Today it think it was karma or something but i killed all the pro reavers then got rekt by a noob with kestrel and coyotes.
  13. LaughingDead

I would like the long range noseguns to have more usage in the current state of the game, (will not even touch AI, devs clearly do not like it after they had it nerfed, nerfed, nerfed, remove thermals, nerfed again.) but as they are currently built, they are long range, low DPS, inaccurate, and are only slightly faster.

The thing about the inaccuracy is that in ESF dogfights it's just far better to use a default because of the accuracy of having a needle on top of the leading and the DPS that comes with it, since locust guns (idk wtf to call them now) are innaccurate and low damage, it makes them bad for ESF vs ESF.
    For AntiLarge airplanes, it's lower damage output simply doesn't get the job done, ESF pros will recommend a rotary over a locust gun for killing large aircraft, because even if you have the risk of being daltoned, the flip would be that you keep the range at them and they never die because they can outrep you.

So it should definitely be on the block for a rework IMO, but I could see this easily be ****** up, like increasing damage towards large aircraft, now you suddenly have a dot of an ESF that can circumvent other ESF simply by being at render and being able to deal with the large aircraft you're transporting, or if they make it more accurate, that suddenly makes dogfights a pain because if a group of them duel another group, the group with locust guns simply always get the range advantage and land shots better, picking off targets before any other aircraft would be in effective range.

So if yall are suggesting, I'd like to hearem.