NC6A GODSAW, is it any good now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Asageh, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Asageh

Is it? Because I've been working for this for quite a while, haven't gotten it due to College and playing other games. But I saw the recent changes to it and was hoping it would feel a lot better than it did previously.

Have any of you tried it out on live yet? How is it?
  2. DashRendar

Serious question, is there a way to try these out that's NOT on live? I thought the only way to even try them out was to actually earn them through Auraxiums?
  3. Divinorium

It`s OK.

It`s A Gauss Saw with compesator and grip that traded Extra range for magazine size.

Still a Gauss, you still need to stand still and/or crouch to use it.
  4. Pikachu

No.
    No.
  5. Prudentia

i still have every single VS Directive weapon on test server, because when they first tested it there, you'd have to /tell higby and he'd give it to you. well and the first time instead of giving me the Battlegoose, he gave me every single other weapon but the pistol and when i noticed i has to ask him again and this time he gave me the pistol and the Battlegoose :eek:
    tough now that higby is gone... wait for the next PTS playtest and then ask one of the devs testing?
  6. Keldrath

It's still a SAW pretty much.

The biggest most needed change didn't go through, but it's still a usable gun anyways.

As long as you only burst 2 rounds at a time you can still be accurate, even on the move.

Nothing to put your Anchor away for though still.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

Yeah, most definatley not.
  8. Leondre

The moving CoF change didn't make it, so it's still ****.
    • Up x 1
  9. Shaengar

Its really okay now, I tested it for a short time yesterday.

If you liked the Gauss Saw you will also like the Godsaw as its not too different. It works very well at medium to longer ranges ond can still kill very well at close range due to Heavy Assault being OP.

I only had troubles in direct 1v1 Situations with other heavies because the flinch rate + bad movement-CoF when ADAD will mean you miss some shots. And we all know how crucial it is on 200 damage tier weapons to make every bullet count.
    So I'd say using Battle Hardened Implant is a must if you want to use the Godsaw.

Its definately a gun I will Auraxium with not too much effort but in its current state I will go back to the Anchor once thats finished.
  10. FnkyTwn

I was killed by more GODSAWs last night than I have been in the past 3 months. I realize it's people testing the new changes, but it seemed pretty effective to me.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

It was never not going to kill you, in the right circumstances, just it was basically subpar to the normal NC6 SAW (correctly certed).

The buffs have probably lifted it above the standard NC6 SAW now, but no where near the levels of, say, the Betelgeuse.
  12. omfgweeee

I'm 1k kills away from it and i hope its worth it. Buffs looks promising and for person who likes nc6 gauss saw i think godsaw will become my fav wep for heavy.
  13. CapEnTrade

It's worse than the default SAW. You've all been fooled!

Gauss SAW most common load-out
    Adv grip
    Comp
    HVA on/off

GODSAW has
    ONLY normal grp (that's what the patch notes said, correct me if wrong)
    -a lot less ammo (no reload speed change?)
    comp
    hva without recoil increase.
    I'd rather have less horizontal and my 50 some bullets back thank you very much. correct me if wrong.
  14. 13arracuda

It's a SAW, precerted with grip, compensator and HVA, with fewer bullets in the mag (65). It's definitely not worth it in the sense that the directive LMG is supposed to be the "best" LMG, and I personally preferred it when it had 150 rounds. That didn't make it perform any better per se, but at least made it seem like a different gun.

God forbid they ever thought of giving the "ultimate" NC LMG 50 extra RPMs or better COF.

Still, just like your old SAW, it's a usable gun. Just don't get too excited when you get it.
  15. Divinorium

This time i will defend Daybreak.
    Because it's not true.

It has the same handling of the Saw with advanced grip and compesator.

More speed then the Saw with HVA (600 of the default saw X 670 of the GodSaw (~12%))
    And more effective range.(167 at 85 meters of the Saw X 167 at 105 meters of the GodSaw)

For ppl who like the Saw it's a better version of the Saw right now.Since Saw was good at medium~long range and the GodSaw is better at these ranges.

I still think a weapon that need you to stand still and/or crouch to be usable is a piece of ****, since it make you in a Sniper Magnet, but let's be fair here.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shaengar

It has higher Velocity that the SAW and the HVA comes without penalties. It also has significantly better reload time to make up for the smaller Mag.
    It also looks cool and you are showing everone what good of a player you are when you kill someone with it!

Directive weapons were never supposed to be better than their stock counterparts, They are meant to be a reward, a trophy that provide some differences that you couldn't normally get.
    Its only the Betelgeuse that is the best in its category while being a directive weapon. I really can't understand why they buffed it.
    • Up x 1
  17. omfgweeee

I hope thats true. 1k kills here i come!
  18. 13arracuda

People keep saying it's got higher velocity at 670 vs 600, but is that not the difference between HVA and stock ammo? Does anyone actual figure of what bullet velocity becomes on a stock SAW when you add HVA to it? Someone threw out a number of 630, but as far as I know that was not backed up by anything. My guess is 670 is exactly the benefit of HVA, which basically means the only benefit is that it's preloaded, versus you have to buy it on stock SAW. Yes, because of that it also comes with no extra penalty, which means a small reduction of recoil at range, compared to that of stock SAW with HVA, though I am still REALLY skeptical about the supposed "double" benefit of the compensator and how much difference it actually makes.

Oh, and shorter reload time is NOT a perk, only a natural side effect of having the small mag. It would be real rich if you had to spent 8 second reloading a 65 bullet drum.
  19. Jogido

I have not had time to try it in a battle yet, but I did a little bit of VR testing....it's definitely a lot more controllable.

I already auraxiumed the original gawd-saw, so I don't think I'd be disappointed after I try it out for real.
  20. Divinorium

It add 5% of buillet velocity.
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/High_Velocity_Ammunition

And here's a google doc, supposedly, taken from the game. Dunno how old it's. But i don't remember they changing HVA.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=2000

Also don't forget that it adds the minimum damage range by 20 meters, so it lose less damage per meter traveled than the GaussSaw. Making it a better weapon for medium/long range.

PS: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2lwmc5/data_analysis_high_velocity_ammo/
    • Up x 1