NC08 Mag Scatter has no reason to be in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronin Oni

NC or VS would love the Amp, but it really is inferior to the Repeater if you can manage to fire burst weapons properly (tap, tap & hold, tap & hold, etc). It's only advantage over the repeater is the brainless max RoF hold button down. It's easy to train your brain to fire 3rd burst like a full auto. Meanwhile repeater enjoys nearly same TTK in close and much better out to 15-20m+ at the cost of a few measly rounds.

So no, Amp is effectively worthless. It will be a nice 2nd easier to acheive auraxium for any TR going for the Directive pistol reward, but outside of grinding for that, I'd never take it over repeater so in effect it is useless. Especially since repeater is free compared to 1k certs. Amp doesn't need changing really, it's a fine weapon either other empire would love... TR just really don't have much need for it.

Spiker just needs a fire on key press fire mode and VS would prolly be happy with it. It'd effectively give VS a Desperado with I believe some incredibly minor stat nerf in exchange for the option to change modes and charge it. They can even retweak the RoF to keep it's refire rate down, just make it fire on press FFS if we want.

Mag scattershot is just going to be an impossibility to balance.

IMO make it basically an underboss with less range, but easier to use in close range because of the spread. It'd be niche, few would use it, but a faster reload would make up for the reduced range. (give it a magazine reload if not already)
  2. Gausser 21

Personally, I only use this either for fun or on my infiltrator for shot-knife combos. And yes, the Spiker and the T4 AMP is a lot better, MisterBond. The spiker can deal massive ranged DMG with a charged shot (last I checked 375 after 100 meters), thus is great for stalkers that need some versatility, along with the burst fire mode similar to the desperado (BTW i tried the shot knife combo in the VR room except i took self DMG. This proves a charged spiker shot is slightly explosive.). And the T4 has pitiful DMG, but is great for harassing enemies (due to insane RoF), especially when you use a ripper activatible knife.
  3. Jawarisin

HAHAHAHAHAHA When did you EVER get killed by a spiker?

I personaly only got killed once by the TR one. But I have to admit it's the best of them all. But they already have the amazing default so...
  4. asmodraxus

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. qquqq

What we have here is just a failed concept,
    they obviously don't want to give NC a normal shotgun as secondary,
    and that would make no sense, but something like a double barreled sawed off would have made alot more sense reloads 2 shells both in one shot with a 1.6 - 2 sec reload.

Instead you get a commissioner that is only effective really at <10m has 2 less bullets and it just doesn't compete with other side arms, it fails in effectiveness and in novelty since it functions like a normal shot gun just far worse so no new play style is possible with it.
  6. Problem Officer

I'll take the AMP over any other sidearm.
    Haven't used Spiker but the Mag Scatter was easily replaced by Rebel and the NS revolvers.
    Also Smart-Choke is worthless, I smart-choked on the smart-choke.
  7. moriarrr-ceres

At least the model look finished (i look at you spiker) and the sound is good.
    It need something ,sure, like the crossbow the rate of fire need to be increased.
    actually it's dangerous to use it at his dedicated range because of that.
  8. Alan Kalane

I can give you one reason to use the mag-scatter over other options:

- You can perform a OHK pistol+knife combo with it. The only other secondaries that can do this are the crossbow and the commissioner/underboss, but the crossbow has a lower rate of fire so if you miss with it you're screwed and the commie/underboss must hit the head for this to work which is hard to execute in a real scenario.

Is this enough to justify the horrible DPS and pellet spread? Probably no, but who cares - it's a mini-shotgun! Hooray NC!
  9. Lemposs

Don't you dare diss my magscatter! I need that for my shotgun character!

Seriously though, I never really use it outside of that, but I do still like the four shot sidearm that can atleast do some damage in a pinch. Not that it really does anything particularly different, I like that there is at least a little deviation to work with and not just pistols with different RoF and damage.
  10. Hegeteus

Never, silly commissioner peasant!

E: Problems, community?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. FocusLight

Have you considered the fact the T4 AMP is a POS that's an inferior Repeater? That you pay for?
  12. Pokebreaker

OOOOOH, they could give us the Canister Shell from Battlefield 3/4!
  13. zombielores

Have you considered the fact that the repeater is considered one of the best if not the best CQC pistol in the game.
  14. AlterEgo

If anything, both the AMP and MagScat deserve buffs. My Spiker got one, so why shouldn't the other pistols get some, too?
  15. KnightCole

LOL, you wish...

I wish we had multiple shell loadouts...

30 rounds, I would load like

12AP
    10HE
    3 Canister
    5 HEAT

And if only each shell was truly unique.....
  16. FocusLight

You have not considered the gist of my point. There is no reason to buy the AMP in any way, because it does the same job as a gun you get for free. And it does so less effectively or reliably. The only reason I'd buy the T4 AMP at all is to suffer through auraxing it in order to get The President. And there are other alternatives - I can aurax the Repeater, Emperor, Inquisitor and both NS revolvers and skip the AMP completely. In short, there is no practical reason to buy it whatsoever, the only reason would be the flavor of having a crappy auto-pistol in your hands.
  17. DG-MOD-04

Closing this down due to length of dormancy.
    Please consider creating a new thread on the topic if you'd like to continue the discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.