NC05 Jackhammer Review (You don't know Jack...hammer.)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wrel, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

Let me know what you think :D
    • Up x 10
  2. Steveru

I like your no nonsense, down-to-earth reviews, Wrel. Probably some of the most helpful videos I've seen. You get a thumbs up on here AND youtube!
  3. TheKhopesh

I cannot remember where I heard the Idea, but a few weeks ago someone suggested that the Jackhammer could have a third fire mode that allowed for three shots at once. Essentially going from a 3 round burst, to a make-shift pump-action for those who have difficulty controlling the burst after the first round.

I liked the idea, however I think it would be more suitable if that fire mode was linked to a barrel attachment. Or in the unique case of firing three rounds at once, an attachment that adds 2 more barrels to explain how it fires 3 at once.
    This would also trade the burst for the triple shot, so as to keep fire modes from taking longer to cycle through.

Anyway, just thought I would share the idea.
    I'm not great at predicting balance, but I don't foresee any major issues with it.
  4. R3volutionist

Thanks for video, motivated me to play with my jackhammer more.
  5. thePankakeManne

Good analysis! Sums up the Jackhammer quite well!
  6. Bill Hicks

Great review. good but flawed weapon . I miss its medium range power before GU11
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

i think if they removed the "down time" from the burst it'd be so OP, i'd like to see it just for a night XD
    overall i love the new jack (my char has always been called Hamertime) and now i have a hammer to use!
  8. Benjamin2501

The Jackhammer from the first Planetside had a 3 burst mode. When combined with Surge(early revisions of the game), it was a beast. The new Jackhammer is well, just an accurate shotgun. Nothing about it is special for a HA weapon. I think that is the problem with all of the "super" weapons in the new game. The Jackhammer also had a better time in the old game, because the bases were setup indoors. So, close quarters combat was more prevalent. The new bases are like swiss cheese, but that may change later down the line. I know intially, it was that way with the old game.
  9. TheKhopesh

Interesting. I never played the original, so I do appreciate the insight on it's background.