(NC) Which shotgun is best/why?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Shelk, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Shelk

Title. I'm looking to get into shotgun LA, possibly with some DJ, but I'm unsure which shotgun to sink my creds into. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Shelk
  2. Flukeman62

piston.
    i used to play nc part time and i loved that gun.
  3. Meiu

Hm, I prefer piston personally but it is a toss up on your play style. Some people like the slower shotgun with more ammo and some people like dumping their entire magazine of ammo in under 2 seconds with the piston. If you want raw killing power you want Piston, if you want a bit more control and slightly slower fire rate you want one of the other two. Up to you.
  4. karuta

Preferring the Sweeper - Semi Auto, 8 Shots and using the 1x Red Dot scope for Slug-Mid-Sniping (very rare) or a bit of focus.
    Combining it with a laser sight for a bit more hipfire accuracy, IMO it's worth it.
    If you are quick on your mouse for a basic trigger it's pretty effective. (Doing the same with AI Max)
    But if you prefer a less stress on your fingers, try out the automatic one.
  5. Corviid

The piston is a monster although it throws ammo away like its going out of fashion. it starts with 36 ammo iirc and with the extended mag you will have 10 per clip, this = a bastard. i may end up certing the ammo belt just for this set up. The piston paired with drifters is the way to go though im certain you wont be dissapointed, i love it.
  6. Ghoest

Sweep.

Used with normal pellets I think its better because it has more ammo capacity and because semi-auto give you more control over exactly where you aim.

Used with slugs its no contest - the piston is horrible with slugs.
  7. Twitchblade

I'd say the Mauler would be my choice, since the quicker reloads mean less downtime.

But I'm pretty awful with shotguns, it seems, so I would take that with a grain of salt.
  8. 4set

I am interested in this also, but I dont really know what I am looking at.. I dont really want the automatic, but I cant really tell any dicernible differences between the other two, other than one has a bigger clip size..
  9. Dral

I like the sweeper, feel like it can take down multi people before a reload where the others just smoke one and you are SOL if you somehow miss a shot.
  10. Ghoest

The Mauler was my first shotgun - it was good.
    The Sweeper seems to be better.
    9/10 times the bigger clip helps more than the faster reload time.
    And most important you end up with more total ammo.
  11. Hydragarium

Jackhammer - Because... Come on it's the goddamned Jackhammer!

KAPOW KAPOW!
  12. Achmed20

go for the piston!
    main reason, its full auto which you will need alot. espaecialy aggainst HA with shields up. you need 3 shots for them and with the "low" firerate of the mauler or sweeper you are going to have a serious problem.
    also dont be scared of the 6 shots. 100 certs (extended mag) and it throws 60 (10 shots) pellets instead of 36.

also ... if you ever want to snipe with slugs (and you want to, who can resist 2-3 shots), the sweeper and mauler are going to suck as well. the firerate turns awefully slow and the 3 shots will take forever (feels like it anyway)
  13. Dryka

except LA can't use it and it does LESS damage per shot than other shotguns with no discernible benefit *grumble grumble*
  14. Shelk

Excellent! Thank you all.

It seems it's pretty much between the sweeper for control, or piston for a bit more spray so to speak.

I will give them both a test out and see how I like them without attachments first. The info is appreciated!

Shelk