[NC] Which gun for Mid-range?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by WaiZen, Mar 28, 2013.

1. WaiZen

Hey Guys !

Need some help here, I already own a Blitz-GD10 (SMG) and I am currently looking for some decent Medium range gun, 'cause I always tend to die so quickly in mid-range. So I've been looking up weapons in the VR and found out the GD-7F was pretty good in Mid-range but description says It's more of a CQC weap so I was wondering if you guys could give me advice to buy or not to buy and/or keep my Mercenary.
  2. Bersigil

That depends on your definition of "mid-range".
    For me, thats the distance over 15-20m (out of the ideal range for SMGs) and up to 100-120m. The Merc is really great for this. If you want single-directional recoil, a slightly lower reload-time and faster bullet velocity and can live with slightly lower firerate the Razor is an option.
    Other than that, there is always the AC-X11, that shines from 50-150m and is still usable beyond that range.
  3. Ghoest

The GD-7F is great out to about 30 meters.
    Its not bad out to 50. Beyond that it works but is not a good choice.

SMGs are great out to about 15 yards and ok out to about 20 - and horrible beyond.

The AC-X11 is not a bad gun even at close range - as long as you ADS.
    Its sweeot spot is is the 30 to 100 meter range. Its the best carbine at ranges longer than 100 - but even so its not really good at it.
  4. llPendragon

I have/use all three, and Ghoest's post is pretty spot on.

I'd add a few more notes.
    I haven't found a better gun for my average Engineer engagements than the GD-7F with just the grip and 1x sights. The GD-7F can kill past 50 yards but it takes a lot of recoil control and most of a clip. Not a problem when you carry ammo packs everywher, but a LA may run out often. Slow to reload too, so I have to find cover after just one or two guys.

The AC-X11 can kill quickly at close ranges, but you have to ADS. It's smaller mag also keeps you from being able to engage multiple opponents without reloading. Any more than one and you're pushing it. I use a 3.4x scope and HV ammo to kill guys at my longest engagement ranges. (I switch to semi-auto too. ) Get on top of bases with this and you can kill anything you see. I'd compare it to the SAW for how well it can kill at long range.

Neither of these can come close to the Blitz for hip fire though. Even without the laser, the SMG gets more bullets on target faster when you don't want to ADS. It also has a lot more bullets per clip, so you can stay engaged a lot longer. You have to play it real close too, as Ghoest said, to get the most from a SMG. This means you won't have any drawbacks to using a silencer though. The shorter IRNV scope range isn't a problem either. It's small COF means you can also skip the laser and grab the grip if you want too. Basically it covers almost everything I personally want to do as a LA.
  5. Demyer

Don't believe the ingame descriptions.
    GD-7F has cqc carbine dps and regular carbine bullet speed, you can use it for range just get used to the recoil.
    Personally I'd stick with the mercenary for medium unless you really need that extra damage from the GD.
  6. ladiesop

Use the Mercenary, or Compact S if you want the attachments (and soft point ammo; HVA actually helps carbines so that could be an option too)
  7. WaiZen

Thanks for the advices, I'll try to get the Compact S during the 2xExp Week-end, since its pretty similar to the mercenary.
    And yeah, The GD-10 is awesome for the LA except against heavies with their shield, always had hard time with them. Lol