nc weapons idea: Anti Material/armor Rifle/Cannon

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Drstrangewolf, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Drstrangewolf

If you happen to have played Battlefield 2142 you would know what i am referring to since it would make a good example of guass tech with stealth AT in mind. To those who are not familiar i am talking about essentially single shot and reload hand cannon ment for closer/ quieter means of killing armor and yes i know you rather have the phoenix, but still it be nice to have something tech related for the NC.
    Your thoughts and no flaming

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Pilum_H-AVR
  2. LordBelak(!)

GAUSS! NOT GUASS!
    • Up x 1
  3. MintiFresh

Good post, was very constructive toward the OP's suggestion.

But I do agree with this. NC are supposed to be the heavy hitters, and it only makes sense that an NC heavy would have a badass anti-tank rifle instead of the Rocket Launcher. It would help a lot to distinguish them from TR heavies as they are now. Also, before they do this, the Dalton already is a ridiculously broken, stealthy armor killer. If you fly high enough in a Lib with a Dalton, there is a bug currently where your target will take damage without seeing any projectile explosion and completely without sound. At least, I think it's a bug, or it could be another incredibly annoying hack.
  4. Drstrangewolf

I was not spell checking and was tired when doing this thanks for the spell check, but please don't spray it.
    True the Dalton shows how OP things are at times but the weapon in how i was describing would be nice to get this as a faster option since, yes anti tank rifles even with gauss tech would have its limits for penetration so how about increase projectile speed with damage similar to the guided launcher's damage since let say for instance that the downsizing for a large AT rifle has issue with the amount of power that can be put on the slug since overloading and or depletion is a issue with making the power too much on the coils and too little leaves little velocity.