[Suggestion] NC, VS & TR discord for pilots on Connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Oct 16, 2017.

1. adamts01

Please read this and leave feedback. If there's a better option or if this exists then I'm all ears.

Basically, air is **** on this server. VS has the only option for coordinated air and that needs to change. I'd like to see the air community grow but for that to happen there needs to be a better hub. I've bounced from every unit to the other on TR and NC and it's like pulling teeth to find pilots, especially during the off hours I typically play. Ideally I'd like to see NC and TR have groups with the same coordination and consistency that VS have had a monopoly on since I started playing this game a year ago. I don't want to gain air superiority and keep it for a year, or fly for a faction who's over-pop and winning without contest, so I'd like most of this group to get together and fight for whichever faction needs the most help, which rules out traditional units and communication in game. As fast as I can get people flying, they leave the game and never appear online again. And most of my friends list seems to be like me, in that they check in every couple of months just to be disappointed again. That's why this external hub is needed. I've started a Discord channel for it, not sure if that's the best way to go. I'm going to start hitting up my friends when/if they log on. What do you guys think? PM me if you want to meet up in game and get this kicked off.
  2. FateJH

Even if you want a hub for pilots, if you want one that somehow isn't just filled with Scythes, you surely have a retention strategy planned for TR and NC pilots?
  3. adamts01

Like free candy? The shipping costs would kill me. I really don't know if this is worth the effort. It seems that anyone who cares has already moved to VS, I just couldn't show my face in public if I left to fly over there.
  4. Cyropaedia

I've been asked to fly for TR and NC. I would gladly fly for other factions if I could bring my unlocks over (max reload, ammo, stealth). Unfortunately, I have to restart all over again. If Daybreak would allow accountwide/factionwide unlocks, I think the overall pop problem would be alleviated. The problem is also compounded by the new implants. Counter Intel is a must have for air duels. I finally received one after 40k certs and 20k ISO spent (ironically also received Carapace within 5 ISO crates of Countel Intel) so it's a bit of dampening to switch over (and, for people without Counter Intel, they will want to farm it for their main char first).
  5. Tankalishious

Connery, is that where this VS Donalfrago- dude runs around with his swarm of buttbuddies, lockonkilling everything in the air and thinks he's all that?
  6. adamts01

He's thankfully not around much anymore, but VS still has an insane numbers advantage in the air almost around the clock. I see this as the only thing that players can do to even things out and make air a little more competitive on that server. I'm not personable enough to get anything together, and it seems no one else cares. So, idk, I guess Arma, as flying here is just incredibly lame.
  7. Tankalishious

The solution is easy but hard really. Gang up on VS.

Ps. I have toons on US servers just for piloting on the low-pop fraction to have more targets to kill. I find most times i die, i rarely die to skill, i die 1 vs large numbers, where their pilot skills are the least of the problems. A few times ive rounded up 2-3 decent fraction teammates and wasted double our numbers with ease. Id be happy to join you for some air action.
    • Up x 1