NC stalker weapon choice

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Silversharp, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Silversharp

Calling for Your help fellow stalkers of Auraxis!
    Gathered some certs to upgrade my starter nc pistol finally. Its not bad, but it lacks of punch and i fail miserably too often with it.
    So i was thinking what would You suggest instead. Rebel? Desperado?
    I want my handgun supressed so NS pistols seems a no go. Please advise.
    Albo found out the silenced desperado makes more noise then vanilla. Lol.
  2. _itg

I'll copy my post from the thread next to this one, since it's also relevant here. Just mentally replace "Spiker" with "Desperado."

The Rebel can also work for a stalker. It was actually my first Auraxium, incidentally. It's got better range than the Desperado. I find it preferable to the mag-shot because it combos better with the knife, it rewards headshots better, and the extra max damage range offsets the drawback of the suppressor. It's less unforgiving than the crossbow, and it's much more workable as a defensive weapon, but the crossbow has much more long-range potential and potential for emp/knife rampages.
  3. day ofm one

This is not exactly what you asked for, but you may want to consider getting an activatable knife as well.

For the pistol, you want a short range beast, the Desperado is a good choice.
  4. Extremite

I agree with the above posters...Desperado is the way to go for close range encounters. And definitely grab the OHK knife.
    • Up x 1
  5. pnkdth

Desperado, for me, is a side-arm you draw when things go wrong.

Rebel fits my style better with the Stalker cloak. If I end up in CQC I've done something horribly wrong, and the initial chunk of damage from the Rebel makes even experienced players freak out. Plus, the Rebel is really accurate compared to other alpha damage side-arms(Commish or Underboss). You also get a lot of damage per magazine which help A LOT versus HAs.

Yeah, I kinda like my Rebel. :D
  6. Amouris

Rebel is a great sidearm if your aim is above average, two head shot kills out to 15 meters goes a long way in quick kills if you can land the shots. If I didn't want to unlock the executive at some point I would still be using it & I will likely go back even after.
  7. Skiptrace

Desperado, Commie, or Crossbow. Desperado is great for when you need high CQC DPS, Commie or Blackhand is great for taking targets at range, and the Crossbow has versatility for what range you can use it in. Rebel is OK, it's like the commie, but a slightly better recoil value, and the Mag Shot is pretty good too. If you want ultimate troll though, you roll Mag Scatter and pelt people with your shotgun sidearm.
  8. Ximaster

I say the Rebel,this one was the one i have with silencer and láser sight when i try to equip the stalker cloak,and works fine. The only bad point with stalker cloak was when u stay quien in close quarter of enemy,they can see u,whatever if u are cloaked. But in general that combo works fine.
  9. Extremite

I run with my Magscatter just for that reason. I gotta wonder how the people feel when they're getting ambushed with the worst sidearm in the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. breeje

the magscatter is absolutely not the worst sidearm in the game
    i would say it's one off the best, i go face to face as an stalker against heavies
    you only have to know how
    let them come close and surprise them before they can get there shield up
    easy kill, like taking candy from an baby (and i hope they are crying like an baby to :D)
  11. Heyitsrobbie1984

yeah but without the silencer you give yourself away to achieve that. i prefer my weapons silenced but its a shame that i have to put more bullets into them to kill them
  12. Amouris

If you're going stalker you should be choosing your engagements, not to mention any competent enemy will hear you uncloak. Being put on the mini map, for the couple seconds it should take to ambush someone, becomes less of an issue when you can disengage fairly easily, hell I've used the indicator as a honeypot.
    The issue that usually gets me is the saturation of movement detectors in any significant fight, even sensor shield 4 will only mitigate so much.
  13. TheKhopesh

desperado for if you plan on getting close, xbow for decent range use.

Weapons that are utter sh*t:
    (In order of sh*ttyness)

- Novelty pistols (flare guns, snowball gun, candy cannon). All of these are bad beyond viable combat use. Though the candy cannon is at least decently effective.
    - Mag Scatter (virtually useless. Only viable against stationary targets that never see you until you land that first shot point blank, and you must land all pellets on that first shot). Trivia on this: The Candy Cannon is more viable in combat.
    - Rebel (though combat viable, the TTK is too slow to be of any real competitive use, and it blooms so horribly that you must stop firing after every 2 (3 with the laser sight) shots to let the reticle reset).
  14. agentpuhpul

Personally I really like the magshot with a suppressor. sounds cool as ****, but just be sure to ADS with it and start off with a couple of headshots

Desperado is nice too, but imo also a gun that's better ADSing...

The commie is my fav. Granted, there's no suppressor, but this thing can take on heavy assaults 1v1 if you have good aim and can strafe.

I DO like the xbow as well, for the bow/knife combo, and it's a fun weapon to use. But as far as practicality, I'd just practice with the magshot or get the desperado... I REALLY like the commie but i know it's not what you're looking for