NC Sniper Rifle(s)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Grabes, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Grabes

Please excuse me for not going through all of the last three pages looking for a answer to this question.

Is there a ACTUAL semi auto sniper rifle is there for the NC? I do not mean a scout rifle, like the Shadow.

The descriptions are confusing, as well as apparently the stats.

I would like someone with experience to please solve this puzzle.
  2. NordicTiger27

Yes I believe it is the SV-80 (or something to that effect). You would be best served to check the planetside2 Wiki site, that should give a concise answer to your question.
  3. Grabes

The issue with checking the wiki is that it just uses the ingame descriptions. In a thread ont he front page here - it has been determined that the Sas-r is not correct.

That is why I am asking for experience ingame. As triles are only eight hours :)
  4. Joracy

I know for some reason the LA-80 is listed as semi-auto but it's not really. It's a 1hit headshot kill bolt action like the NC14, but with less drop and I believe maybe a slower reload/RoF. It's very useful. The guass SPR is the normal semi-auto that was available during beta. The Impetus might also be semi-auto. Wiki says it is, and the description sure seems to say it's semi-auto, but I've not used it.
  5. Grabes

Yes - I was assuming that the impetus was the correct rifle for the job I wish. A medium range semi automatic - however it does not come with a scope which makes me wary of that aspect.

As the other scout rifles are semi automatic, but are obviously meant for CQB.
  6. Zwan

avoid the shadow at all costs
  7. Grabes

EEEEEEEHHHHH!!!

Wrong. The shadow is a wonderful automatic.

It's 20 mag may seem low but it easily kills.

It has barely ANY pull up with full auto depression straight out of the box. I can only imagine how accurate it will be with a foregrip.

It's reload time is also amazingly fast.

As the only con being the magazine side - i will put that into perspective.

At the moment one can find it very hard to be stealthy, generator busting, base outpost defending, cqb expert.

My only suggestion is to be very careful what battles you pick.

I've only been playing the game since tuesday and frankly I can see some of the negatives that are being pointed out.

However, I have been able to totally walk right past enemies while in cloak. Used cover to recharge and keep bouncing from area to area. Hack turrets unnoticed, plant bombs on generators, and did i mention start a firefight only to purposeful 'run away' and come back in cloak to knife them for the hell of it?

However, this is getting off my intended topic.

I suppose that I will have to wait longer for a answer if there is a semi auto actual sniper rifle. For quick shots.
  8. Aktarus

just use the 30 mn trial option in the cash shop .
  9. Soylent

The 'Gauss SPR' is the NC semi-auto sniper rifle. It's the equivalent of TR's '99SV' and VS's 'VA39 Spectre'. Be advised that the damage output is considerably lower due to it being a semi-auto rifle and it takes 3 body shots to score a kill (2 with 1 head shot)
  10. Zwan

shadow isn't automatic, that's the other one
  11. Aktarus

and the other one is the stalker and its a piece of **** btw horrible recoil low dmg low magazine , wonder what this guy is smoking.