NC Sights

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, Aug 3, 2016.

1. entity009

I find it very frustrating that the NC faction sight colors are garbage. The yellow sights are almost invisible on hossin and indar. In general the yellow sights are just so light i find them hard to use at all. The blue sights are ok at best on visibility but only the 2x diamond sight seems usable to me. What much prefer in a sight is the circle with a dot in the center......which is yellow on NC. The TR version which is red and the VS version which is teal have no visibility issues. As it stands I pretty much use the 1x red dot and the 2x blue diamond on my NC but i find them to be far inferior to the sights I have on my VS and TR characters. I would just love to see the yellow garbage sights changed to blue or red. And whats with the stupid NC logo sight?

http://imgur.com/a/h6dox

Any of you NC have any favorite sights other than the blue diamond 2x or the 1x red dot?
  2. TheSunlikeOne

Try this:
    1) Go to your game directory and search for UserOptions.ini
    2) Find a row "TintModeReticuleStyle=0"
    3) Replace it with (without quotes):
    "TintModeReticuleStyle=1
    TintModeReticuleColor=16383"
    4) Start the game and the reticle will be always light-Blueish.

You can play with the numbers in color line - it is RGB color code (converted from hexadecimals to decimals)

Also, as main NC, I would like to see 1x circle-dot sight. The best reticule imo.
  3. Campagne

As above. Personally I use a 1x yellow dot sight on mostly everything, just tinted red.
  4. entity009

Thanks a bunch guys! This made my day!!!
  5. JKomm

I've tried this before per recommendation, no one told me to change TintModeReticuleStyle, what attribute does that change? If it's the luminosity then I'll have to change that immediately... my reticules are always so dim on my settings, even when I changed the colour of them.
  6. entity009

I believe the two settings are basically this in plain English:

Use custom color : yes/no (TintModeReticuleStyle=0)
    Set color: [value] (TintModeReticuleColor=[value])

I was able to convert all of the blue/yellow NC sights to red using this. It was a huge help for me. Use the tool on this page: https://www.mathsisfun.com/hexadecimal-decimal-colors.html to pick a color and get the decimal value for it.
  7. Taemien

I use my own in the form of the overlay on the Recursion Stat Tracker. Its legit and very functional across many different lighting conditions.