NC shield wall vids?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spookydodger, May 25, 2013.

1. Spookydodger

I keep hearing about organized forces doing a whole Spartan Shield Wall type behavior. Does anyone have video of this? I would love to see it.
  2. BraSS

2 c4 and that whole spartan novelty would get flattened
    • Up x 1
  3. Nargot

Seen that yesterday, the 2 engineers behind them died too ....

Looks so useless. :(
  4. DashRendar

It's a myth, just more people trying to make NC seem OP. Line of shotgun maxes moving forward at a crouched pace each, enemies capable of retreating faster, while a single LMG heavy can drop 2 full health shields before reloading. Any force worth assembling this kind of tactic against would just laugh harder and drop the shields faster. The shield ability really needs work, and I hope it gets some attention soon.

I would love to see some videos of effective Aegis use though. I like the Aegis ability in concept only, not in performance.
  5. Goretzu

This basically.

Not so much 300 as the Somme. :(
  6. ComradeHavoc

Ask about the NC shield walls from TR and VS, they are experts on them.
  7. Vanon

You really can't do a line of like 10 max's. It's more like 2. I'll make a video of it next time i do it. Basicly if your infantry is smart, you can get a good push out of it, usually enough to take a tower with 2 groups of 2 aegis max's, one on each stairs. In BioLab it's better to cover each door with a shield user. The reason is that any explosions behind them, and they are flattened, and you absolutely HAVE to crouch or explosions infront of you will do full damage. That combined with having to take cover to recharge the shield regularly makes it a bit hard to use, however its the only thing i've found that can a heavily defended tower... unless they have ZoE Max's. They eat through the shields in like 5 seconds.
  8. NightFalls998

[IMG]
  9. Ripshaft

Seen quite a few, most poorly organized, but a few terrifyingly well coordinated and effective... most people still haven't figured out how ungodly powerful the ability is, and likewise the enemy doesn't know how to respond when it's used correctly. I'm kind of reluctant to even say how to use it because it's pretty insane... but lets just say only idiots think that you just put up the shield and walk forward... you can always turn it off... just not all at the same time.... ahh I said too much.
  10. EliteEskimo

In my opinion the shield should cover front and part of the sides, but not rear. That way damage source would have to occur behind the Max in a direct rear or diagonal rear direction. C4 and splash damage is a huge problem for Maxes. It's why ZOE is the best ability right now, it helps the MAX avoid C4 Blasts, kill the LA using C4 faster, and run away from tanks.

They should do a wrap around Roman Legionnaire style shield, problem solved. :cool:

[IMG]
  11. Syphers

l o l
  12. DashRendar

• Up x 1
  13. ComradeHavoc

so bad.... just so bad XD
  14. GoldenDeath

Its a highly situational ability, and when you add in the fact its most effective in groups, it rarely occurs, as I too have yet to see a decent video of it.
  15. siddar

There wont be any shield wall vids because they would show one of two things. Ether trivial fights where shield maxs were never needed in first place. Or a bunch of dead shield max's.

At no point is shield a benefit over charge.

On other hand you could cut ZoE movement speed increase in half and remove the entire damage increase it gives max weapons and it would still be the best max ability in game.

I have Aegis three and ZoE three. I want a refund on Aegis certs and I also want to get Rk5 ZoE.
    • Up x 1
  16. DashRendar

See they messed up the ZOE cert tree by giving the full speed boost away for the first cert, and making people climb the tree for the 1 less bullet to kill effect. They should have given away the full damage boost perk, and made people climb the tree for the full speed boost. Not many people would even bother dumping the certs into the 2nd and above levels of ZOE because the speed boost is a way larger buff than the damage which the Lobstermax doesn't even need.
  17. Spookydodger

I keep hearing of pushes by NC MAXes of these pushes by people in TR and VS, and that they were devastating.

Sounds like with the right coordination you could really do some impressive rushes with it.
  18. Spookydodger

I think someone misses a lot of time when they look at ZOE and the Magrider strafing ability is that it isn't very combined troops friendly. The more I strafe in a mag / zoemax, the more I get shot by teammates / running over friendlies.

Judging by what I saw in that video, the shield seems to give a good team-advantage, especially if the user of it can crouch to let people fire over him.

Also maybe they should give Aegis users XP for damage absorbed while there are friendlies immediately behind them.
  19. Spookydodger

Thank you for posting that!
  20. GoldenDeath

Sounds like propaganda...
    In other news I too have heard people hearing of pushes that were successful for the NC.