NC SAW (The Tickle Me LMG)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Antivide, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Antivide

Yeah.... no. I'll stick with a purchased EM-1 or EM-6 from the store once I get some cash.

I hate this thing, with a burning passion. Slightly more damage, stupid slow rate of fire, high recoil, low LMG style accuracy. SAW has got to be the worst infantry weapon in this game, bar none.

For all you newer players out there I would highly suggest spending some money/certs on the EM-1 or the EM-6 as soon as you can. Higher TTK, steadier recoil, better accuracy, faster rate of fire, TR/VS damage stats. This is one of the few instances where the store items are clearly superior to the stock weapon.
  2. Plunkies

Yeah, it's just plain awful. For a long time in the beta the saw was the worst gun in the game, and I think it's reclaimed that status. I'll have to take a look at the EM-1 on my next trial cycle.
  3. Undeadfred

The Saw is one of the best (if not the best) LMG once you start certing into it. The Carv had it's attachments nerfed going from beta to live.

The Saw can still equip a compensatore, and a Forward grip, making it an amazing weapon. The issue is it needs least 230 certs invested in it to make it shine.
  4. omegaflarex

5. Core

Yeah.. I think it's a horrible design that we have a weapon that is supposed to be able to do supporting fire, but cant fire full auto accurately more than 5 shots worth.
  6. Motown

Don't even bother with the NC Jackhammer either. It's complete ****, and basically takes an entire magazine to kill someone. The rate of fire is really slow too.
  7. Twign

I disagree with the OP at least somewhat. Yea its got a high recoil and low rate of fire, but if you use like a semi-automatic rifle with a scope (even reflex) and a forward grip it can be pretty nasty. Most of my kills have come from this gun, only I don't even have the forward grip yet. The low rate of fire gives you the option to use it as a semi-auto. Plus, it actually is decent at deterring fighter aircraft due to the damage. I always shoot at Mossies and Scythes with this, it won't tear them to pieces by any means, but if they're holding position for a shot, a few seconds of this will motivate them to move. Also, given the distances involved in this game, the moments when you'd want to go full auto are far and few in between. I shoot this gun the same way I shoot the LA rifle, in controlled bursts.
  8. Garmr

The rate of fire is greatly increased, as is the reload speed

So now you go through the 6 shots about 3 times faster
  9. Littleman

As far as I was concerned in beta, the EM1 was a straight up upgrade. I don't know how it will handle now, between lag, and what feels like a different T1 cycler rifle than what I left beta with (the RF-3 is now just as effective at the same ranges far as I'm concerned) I imagine a few weapons got re-tuned.
  10. [HM]Krowe

What if I told you that in a magical time during the beta the SAW was actually good, well up until enough people complained about it and was nerfed...
  11. JDCollie=VX9=

It wasn't "good" it was horrifically, unbelievably overpowered. (Which is why I loved it so)
  12. Kayos

Is the jackhammer worth buying and using now? Is it still worse than the common pool shotgun?
  13. MuNrOe

Currently using the jackhammer its situational and without the extend mag its pretty much useless. Other than that its a pretty fun gun to use now.
    The tripple shot is kinda crappy now, I usally have it set on normal fire and just tap away on my targets. Your not limited anymore with your fire rate which is nice. It fires as fast as u can tap the mouse fire button.

Another 3 shells added to this weapon would be nice. so instead of 6 and extended 10 it would be 9 and extended 12 shots.

This gun wont suit allot of players as u really need to be up in the enemy's face and often trying to clear that range gets you killed.
  14. [HM]Krowe

I did well with it in beta for a few weeks when they buffed the ROF and accuracy, then it was nerfed back to its original under powered state
  15. Plunkies

The SAW was so bad in beta that I was literally using my pistol over it when I needed access to a rocket launcher while playing NC. It was truly that bad. Then they buffed it to be OP (compared to the other weapons at that time), then nerfed it to be an average weapon while buffing all the other weapons. Then nerfed it again late in beta to be the current awful weapon it is now.
  16. GamerOS

The SAW has an awefull combination of stats that make it useless.

It's got gigantic recoil, meaning it's hard to control.
    It's got huge COF bloom making anything after 5 shots useless
    It's got a rate of fire that is the lowest of almost every infantry weapon in the game.

Due to this, it's hard to compete with the higher DPS weapons at close range but at long range you're to inaccurate even with burst fire while the TR and VS will hit and kill you with full auto disrupting your aim further.

The EM1, the EM6 and the GR-22s are all direct upgrades, much better in almost every way.
    Why is the SAW even in the game?
  17. Cerus

3.4X scope, extended mag.
    I called it my "200 round sniper rifle".

It's on the low end of mediocre now.
  18. Snugglebear

Get the Gauss Saw S its not bad, and only gets better with certs.
  19. Plunkies

Isn't that just a single shot saw with less ammo? Why would you need single shot on a weapon that already shoots slow enough to do it manually?
  20. Zwan

get the gauss saw S, it's by far the best lmg for NC i've seen.