[Suggestion] NC maxes urgently need those Machine guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Dec 18, 2015.

1. \m/SLAYER\m/

it feels like instant-kill, but when you play NC MAX it only feels like you always missing, or need to reload, but other MAXes kill at point blank too and still have firepower.
  2. Nifa92k

As tr, i strongly agree. Its sucks that the entire NC is shotgun-base though so I dont think you guys will get anything soon
  3. TheFlamingLemon

I've played NC max and it's instant kill even using one shotgun and one AV. Not a lot of missing either.
  4. TheFlamingLemon

I come face to face with dual chaingun all the time and they're much easier to run from than scatmaxes. I have probably a 50% survival rate with TR maxes whereas about a 15% survival rate with NC ones. The TTK for a scatmax isn't .5 seconds, it's 0 seconds. Instant death. And still, there's the very versatile AV falcons that can also OHK infantry and the ravens that are the best AV in the game.
    • Up x 3
  5. PasitheeVS

NC Maxes need Shotguns with 500 Rounds and 400 RPM with Pin-Point accurate Slug options.

Seriously, NC has the best Maxes with their Shotguns and now also want to compete on long ranges? Dafüq?
    • Up x 3
  6. Chewy102

It's people like those 2 that I spoke of. Those that only think of a few exact places and/or their personal opinions without thinking of anything else. Im biased as well like every other person alive, but at least Im open to see another point of view.

Yes shotguns tend to kill faster in exact areas up to times of .1-.3 second depending on weapon/range. But what about everywhere else that you need to travel past to get to them? Tower 2nd/3rd floor is good for shotguns, the ground floor certainly isn't. Those stairs alone are murder for a shotgun user who can't fly and walks slow. Plus the tower itself is hardly 10-20% of a base meaning you have to fight over the other buildings, courtyards, streets, and even push out to the fields sometimes 100m out if you want to have any base control. Even single point outposts NEED you to fight over the entirety of the base if you are to prevent spawn camping or keep a number of AMSes alive.

Here is another example. Just getting from an AMS or spawn room to ANYWHERE is a pain in the *** for a shotgun user. And once you do get where you are needed, the smaller your effective range the less explosive spam needed to remove you or push you out of your effective area to make you an easy target.

Fighting for a base is about fighting around the entire base! If you don't then you will never remove an AMS nor cut off defender spawn supplies. MMGs of TR/VS can help in fighting over the entirety of a base, even the CQC weapons to a point. Shotguns of any type can't. That means NC is fighting with a hand behind their back and TR/VS field MAXes for the entire base fight.

No way in hell is that a fair fight. I simply find it ******* nuts that this is still a thing after 3 years.
  7. allip62

NC maxes are great at range.... RAVENS!!! JK:p NC maxes are fun an that's about it lol
  8. CovertYank

Yes. Give our maxes LMG's. Give em a 4 second reload and 200 base damage.

Yes. Yes. The rage. Shall be, immediate.
  9. bLind db

TIL NC maxes are ridiculously underpowered while they two shot me from 40m with a scattercannon through resist shield.
  10. Goretzu

0.3s AI ttk advantage at 0-8m.

8m to infinity TR/VS AI MAXs are better.

I'm not so sure that makes NC MAXs the "kings" of short range (when they have work firing to reloading ratio even at 0m).
  11. Azawarau

As someone who plays NC max alot

That does not happen often at all

Most of the time you end up backing off because you cant hit or kill the person youre aiming at and theyve already taken half your life
  12. Azawarau

Theyre great for wrecking other max suits

The first time i came up against an NC max on my fairly well cirted TR max i found out first hand what people meant

Buuuuuuuut then i came around again and had him hiding behind a wall because there was nothing he could do while i was locked down and blasting the doorway he was at
  13. Goretzu

Even against other MAX though you just need to keep a little bit of range and you'll still win due to the long reload on NC AI MAXs and even against extended mag dual Grinder NC AI MAXs (by far the best NC anti-MAX setup) you've just got to stay outside ranges where you can still easily 100% hit with most of the VS/TR AI weapons to 100% win (13-15m).

This is 15m range:

For infantry work you are basically taking half of that range (~8m) before TR/VS MAX overtake NC AI MAXs, for MAX vs MAX it depends on the exact weapon, but by 15m even with the best you'll be losing pretty much all the time.

Don't get me wrong run slugs and the effective range against Infantry increases a bit, but then you're trading much of your anti-MAX power and close in power for a bit more range.

This is why you'll usually only see NC AI MAX in situations that really favour close up work, where as you'll see Blueshift and Mercy MAXs everywhere (and often Mutilator MAXs too as the sheer sustained fire on those makes up for lower accuracy in many situations).
    • Up x 1
  14. Azawarau

I main NC and Falcon Max is my usual choice because scat doesnt cut it

Also Fire>Shield>Fire>Shield is amazing
  15. OldMaster80

Yeah let's flatten factions diversity even more!
  16. hawken is better

MAX suits need to be removed from the game.
  17. Azawarau

Isnt that a strawman?
  18. GhostAvatar

Aint going to happen until they resolve the issues with the CQC NS equivalent.
  19. orangejedi829

"much easier to run from than scatmaxes."
    What.
    WHAT.
    Scatmaxes are hilariously easy to run from, because if you're more than 10m away from them, they literally cannot do anything to you.

Also, 0s, 0.5s, 0.7s - it's all the same as far as the victim is concerned; instant death.
  20. InfernoKoV

Oh please, you act as if the VS and TR variants have absolutely horrible TTK. It's completely false. The TTK for all AI variants is well below.5 second. (NC = 0/.287, TR = .366, VS = .423) Is it so wrong to ask for things to be much closer in balance? When you look at things like TTK at range, the NC's is laughable... aiming at someone standing still and having not one single pellet hit them is a huge problem. And it's just as bad when you look at things like kills per clip and how long each MAX takes to kill multiple people... Once you throw in reload times and how horrible the shotguns become outside of 10m you begin to see a huge disadvantage.

I personally created a thread going over all this almost 2 years ago so maybe it's time I resurrect it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/my-nc-ai-max-suggested-fixes.172711/
    • Up x 2