NC max, the unsustainable wonder of ps2.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Apples, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ThreePi

More like, kill 3-4 guys, pop shield while reloading, then shoot guys and going into a rage because its not registering hits because the shield reload bug has been around forever, then pop shield to reload again and get C4'd because the shield also is bugged to not block splash damage as well.
  2. TriumphantJelly

Oops, meant Nebula.
  3. Takara

No YOU are missing the point.

The TR/VS maxs do have some extra effectiveness at range but most of the time MAX engagement range is far closer and this is where they truely shine. Don't kid yourselves into thinking that the NC Scat MAX is the only one that is worthless outside of CQC range. Because there is a reason you don't see any VS/TR AI MAX units anywhere but inside bases either.

Infact after looking at the Oracle of death stats for the MAX AI....the NC Mattock is ahead of the other empire's AI variants in terms of KPU. I mean, we are talking a KPU of around 10-12 which is quite a bit higher than any of the other AI variants including the other NC versions which is between 6-10. Well the other three versions of the NC AI MAX hovers around on par numbers with the other fractions AI variants. Well the other NC AI variants hover around similar numbers as the other empire's variants to the point I would call it fairly well balanced. Sometimes they barely beat out or lose out to the others.

And when you look at hours played...The Mattock actually ends up with numbers that are about 1/4th the amount of playtime as the other empire's AI guns. So what do my previous paragraph's statement and this number tell me? That the NC have in their hands a weapon that they can kill MORE people in less time than any of the other empires...does that sound ineffective? The proof is in the numbers. The NC AI MAX (particularly the Mattock) are far from the ineffectual state the OP and other people in this post are trying to state. It is in fact the most effective MAX.

How many people it can kill in a clip compared to how many the other empire's can doesn't really matter when there is both cover, and the ability to activate a shield that can actually block incoming damage...both from Explosives/rockets and bullets as well as getting run over. AGain how ever you feel is a personal feeling but the stats show a different story than the one some of you are painting. ( And so does my experience playing an NC max myself.)
  4. ThreePi

This makes no sense. If NC had the most effective weapons they'd be using them the most often. Having high KPU with low time played is the definition of situational. NC don't want a situational MAX because the number of situations where the MAX is a liability outweigh the situations the MAX is useful.

Also, you are factually incorrect about the shield. It doesn't block explosions and doesn't block you from being run over.
    • Up x 1
  5. MrForz

For the long range issues I suggest you gather some friends and equip that Aegis shield.
  6. Takara

They other AI variants have equal or higher playtime than the other two fractions. The Mattock however is the one that stands out from the crowd. Which is surprisingly the one that has less damage and more range. As for not wanting a MAX that is situational...I hate to break this too you. But ALL MAX units are situational.

The VS/TR AI MAXs are only used the in SAME exact places the NC MAX units are pulled. You guys are trying to make an argument that the VS/TR MAXs are used where the NC ones aren't. You don't see AI MAXs outside of buildings or Facilities....almost ever. If you do...it is usually a low BR who is still learning they aren't effective there. You guys keep making it sound like the TR/VS MAX's are outside on hills sniping people at over 100meters. In reality they generally have an engagement range less than a Spitfire turret.

The MAX unit in general as stated above is situational for all empires. AI MAXs are never pulled outside of bases. You don't see them in field fights....period no matter the empire. So stop trying to think the NC MAX is some special snowflake with it's own horrible problem. Because....it's an above average killer that does a more effective job over all. Coincidentally the most important part of taking a base( shield gens, spawn gens, capture points ) Happen to fall into this "Situational" area you keep complaining about.

Unless the Aegis has changed since it was implemented...you can see though it is the only MAX in the game that has the ability to actually prevent incoming damage. He actually takes 3 direct shots from an AP Vanguard before his shield goes down. :confused: It does actually block explosion damage. If someone shoots you with a rocket it absorbs the damage.

Quoted for Truth.
  7. qquqq

no people complain that you want mid range options, but dont want your shotguns gone ether,
    give me shotguns on my max, and you ca have a midrange option, but I want anti armor options on vs then, ours is poop

problem is that wouldnt bee god enough, then nc would cry that they are the ones with shotgun armor,
    nc maxes are very strong, ai as well, but they dont stand up in the open with shotguns, why would they? they already oneshot inf with ay weapon they have,
    truth is nc wont be happy unless they get an unlimited shotgun clip with 100 sugs per shot fired,
    nc shotgun maxes are already a terror they walk in a room and every thing dies or runs away,
    that isn't the way for vs.
    • Up x 1
  8. Apples

I could care less if shotguns go away for NC or if TR/VS got one or two shotgun options and NC got one or two full auto weapon options. I don't have a problem with it and I think that would be fine as I'm sure many others would be and some may not be. Either way there needs to be a solution to the problems afflicting the AI capability.

Faction A feels faction B complains more because to faction A faction A's complaints are more legitimate and not whining, this is the story of every game. Let's not bundle up complaints by faction it's not really truthful or reasonable due to person X's personal bias and/or since many players play across all three factions.
  9. Brad seven

Actually NC maxes are better for most long range fights, either the ravens or the scat cannon are far superior at almost any range. A TR max must shoot an enemy for a good 5 seconds to get a kill, while the NC max is ohk when you're close, and just a few shots if they're further off. I'd kill to have a max half as good as NC
  10. Apples

In VR with dual Mercy's I can kill the farthest enemy at the gun range in about 1 second with 8 rounds from each mercy used while in full auto & standing. If you want to do actual math the mercy fires at 426 RPM. The point remains however that you can't do this with any NC AI weapons. Even if you only do half that damage it's enough to make an infantry unit get back behind cover and leave you alone.
  11. Brad seven

you ob
    you obviously never played on TR, cause shooting at that range against live players will be impossible, unless you're in lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  12. _itg

Have you tried Mattocks with slugs? You can absolutely kill the guys at the end of the range in under 1 second.
    • Up x 1
  13. MAXArmar

In VR Vortexes are A+ level AI weapons aswell ;)
  14. Apples

As I said even if you do half that damage, they'll back off. Of course we all know VR is static targets but that doesn't mean you can't aim and lead targets in game. The accuracy doesn't suddenly drop when you get into live engagements you just have to lead the targets or if they're standing still do what you did in VR. Lockdown will increase your recoil rate making things less accurate at range so I don't even know why you'd think to do that with dual mercy at range like that unless you already had the upper hand.
  15. Apples

Laughing on this one, no, no they can't. They can reach but it's full on luck if you hit and there's high recoil so you have to pace the shots. The difference between mercy and mattock is night and day at that range. To boot there's still the whole ammo difference.
  16. qiray12

Just give the NC theyre long range weapon, put on theyre gauss saws and were done with them.

But then just give the TR and VS something that just kills infantry in less then 0.5s close range.

The NC max is fine as it is now if you want a long range thing just bump up ur aim or give it up for a heavy.
    As a TR or VS player its the worst thing to see a NC max in your face cus then your basicly dead thats not the case with VS or TR.
  17. Jedesis

Remove slugs, give only one slug max weapon on each arm, lower the damage, more accuracte, larger clip, faster ROF, so it'll be on par with VS and TR.

I hate being one-shotted in the air and then hear the crying of NC wishing a buff for NC MAX, seriously learn to infantry play. You don't improve as a MAX player ever.
  18. Apples

Funny how you're seemingly (to me at least) putting the attitude into this simply to agree with a potential solution we've offered yet disagree with everything at the same time. On a note, if I can currently kill a target at the end of the VR range in 1 second using dual mercy I could certainly kill said target in half a second up close. We've already said a few times in this thread it would be fine if NC got a ranged weapon and TR/VS each got a shotgun style weapon. We've also had some express the lack of the NS weapons for maxes that were mentioned so long ago by devs. If you're open to a solution that in your opinion benefits you, you don't need to pretend to be oppositional to it. We're trying to improve the game and voice opinions not save faces like politicians. (Unless you're obsessed over something like how many likes or watches you get and other petty business brought on by facebook mentality.)
  19. qiray12

If you just cant stand TR kills at range and NC doesnt then just go TR.
    Thats the thing with factions deal with it, if the NC max was underwhelming it would have been buffed along time ago.
  20. Apples

The history of planetside 2 shows that your logic here isn't sound, underpowered and overpowered weapons more often than not go untouched for months at a time or simply slip past the radar. I already have spent time on all three factions and simply telling people to "fourth faction" is not a solution to anything. This thread is pointing out a valid issue that afflicts the AI capability & situational use of the NC max in comparison to both the TR AND VS, I would much rather spend my time pointing out a real issue and work to improve the game than simply fourth faction and play whatever seems strongest at the time while ignoring issues.