NC MAX needs more effective range

Discussion in 'MAX' started by The Jiggler, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Bankrotas

He's talking about other 90% you did not mention
  2. Jachim

There must be a trade-off. I think slug ammo is the answer for that. Make it cheaper to cert into for the NC maxes, and make it useful at mid-ranges alongside the TR/VS max damages.

I think we'll find that better, and once the MAX pass happens, with the new weapons it should be even cooler :)
  3. doombro

I think you meant 10%.

And I rarely see people pulling MAXes in those situations to begin with. And when they do, it's to use them as meat shields, in which case the weapons are irrelevant.
  4. Goretzu

They'd have to alter slugs for that to be the case.

Slugs work exceptionally well when ADS (too well probably), but MAXs can't do that. Which leaves you with all the inaccuracy issues, but with tiny clips, very long reloads and bad clumped miss rate problems that make both of the former even worse.
  5. Goretzu

He probably meant the 90% of situations where percentages are made up on the spot.

Certainly the idea that 90% of PS2 battles take place in 0-5m (the range NC AI MAXs outDPS TR and VS MAXs now) is laughable at best.

6. Evil Monkey

The "other situation" is called "long range" which exists purely so TR & VS can whinge about the Gauss SAW.
  7. Scumdog6

I use mattocks exclusively. Slugs are wildly inaccurate, and you have to cross your fingers that enough pellets hit to kill what you are shooting at if using shot. That was before the patch. Now they are also slow too. Its like a bad joke.
    • Up x 1
  8. Devrailis

I have an idea!

Vanoo Battlecrab faction ability.

Holographic projection:

For 30 seconds, the Vanoo Battlecrab projects a hologram of a pair of stupid smexy infil buns.

All TR/NC players lose the ability to fire weapons due to stupid smexy Vanoo effect.
    • Up x 1
  9. drNovikov

TR MAX ability: Power Whine: enemies get nerfed. VS MAX ability: Plasma Crying^ enemies get nerfed.
  10. Bankrotas

You clearly didn't get the point... Unless you show statistics posted by devs or cupboy that 90% of deaths and kills happen in under 10-15 meter range, you have no right to state, that 90% of battles happen in cqc.
    • Up x 1