NC MAX needs a serious buff

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ADUILO, Jan 20, 2014.

1. BobSanders123

Yes 3 instant hits to one sliver of health.
  2. vanu123

Then get slugs. Blueshifts OP? lol. ZOE is still OP higby help pls.
  3. Epic High Five

Who said ZOE was OP? I didn't say anything about ZOE. I didn't hint about maybe thinking about ZOE. Why are you bringing up ZOE? Charge is the only choice, I spoke only of the guns for a reason. Blueshifts don't need ZOE to make them the best choice at general purpose man killing. I don't know what part of zero damage degradation and best accuracy of all MAX guns says "bad at AI lol" but I'm not spotting it

Also I, uh, don't think you know who you're talking to with that slug comment.

v v trust me when I say that I use them quite frequently v v
  4. vanu123

It was a joke, saying the blueshifts are OP is like saying ZOE was and is OP in noob hands.
  5. Dieter Perras

This is why people hate the NC max

• Up x 3
  6. PastalavistaBB

Make room people; let MattiAce enlighten :rolleyes: us:
    Dual Mattocks

This video clearly shots that the NC Max is UP and needs a serious buff to be competitive with other Faction Maxes.
    • Up x 1
  7. Adeon

Your words do not match the video.
  8. PastalavistaBB

Sorry, I forgot to add the tags. Here you go:

9. Noppa

Since when it has been hard to kill enemy that have been badly hurt or without shields... yes u can do that from a range even with a shotgun :)

I would change any day of the week our Shotguns to VS / TR AI weapons (yes i play with them all).
  10. Kriegson

heh, hilarious. But really this can be said of any max. Whether your TTK is .0 or .3 is generally not much to the player on the receiving end considering human reaction time and lag comp.

Ultimately it's worth noting that you virtually never see VS or TR complaining about their AI weapons, which I would think is a good indication that they are awesome (various testing on my own aside).
    Ultimately shotguns aren't much faster killing, but are horribly penalized for their advantage in close range, which would be such an issue if we at least had viable options outside of that. FREE options I might add. Having to slap on exmags and slugs just to poke people at a distance blows.

I actually prefer falcons at this point =/
  11. Dieter Perras

Well I personally have run circles around TR and VS maxes abusing their slow speed and my shield to widdle their health down to nothing. The same sadly cannot be said for NC maxes as that OHK attack is so dam punishing that it requires skill to avoid that I just sadly do not possess.

At least TR and VS maxes give you the slight chance of escape ;)
  12. Hibiki54

TDLR

Here is my 2 certs on the NC MAX. I believe NC MAX suits are fine in terms of our obvious role as being the kings of CQC in general. I don't really mind that I can out ranged by a VS or TR MAX because that is just the reality of what we have in the current game state.

In the AV role, the NC MAX has the highest alpha damage with the Falcons (they could use a sound buff to be more beastly) and the most accurate and consistent damaging weapon with the Ravens. Neither set-up is good at AI using AV as the VS and TR MAXs (exlcuding Vortex) are obviously capable. There are people who are exceptions, but that is less than 1% of overall NC pop.

In the AI role, NC MAX are the kings of CQC, but beyond 10m, they are mediocre at best and can be overwhelmed by HAs and anyone with C4 once they need to reload. I don't mind this, but the NC MAX states of vulnerability during reload comes more frequent than other factions. VS and TR MAXs have more killing potential in their magazines compared to NC, which is unfairly balanced. Any MAX who has their eyes set on you can kill you in less than a second within 10m -- that is a fact. Between 10-25m, TR and VS AI MAXs have a higher chance of taking out threats than an NC MAX, save for one equipped with Mattocks.

MAXs are an integral part of this game, despite what people believe. They are a force multiplier and can make or break an attack or defense. They provide AI, AV and AA and have the durability to withstand and endure more than the simple soldier. People speak of balance, so I believe that the NC MAX needs to be balanced to be just slightly more effective at the close-medium range level while remaining superior at the CQC level. I also believe the NC MAX needs cosmetic upgrades to their AI weaponry to differentiate themselves from on another.

AF-41 Hacksaw: Cosmetic look should stay the same since it is an automatic weapon. However, it's effective range should be increased to 125 @ 10m and 45 @ 30m. Also, increase stock magazine size to 16 (20 with ext mags) and RoF to 225. All other stats remain the same. This should make the HackMAX capable of sustaining more automatic fire though still needing to put 3-4 shots on a shielded HA when within 10m.

NCM1 Scattercannon and AF-23 Grinder:
    [IMG]
    This is what I believe the ScatMAX and Grinders should look like. Single tube and throwing out flechette rounds at semi-auto. Once again, damage will remain the same but their effective range should be changed. Scattercannon 130 @ 15m and 50 @ 40m with a mag size increase to 14 (18 with ext mags). Grinders would be 130 @ 10m and 50 @ 30m with mag size increase to 18 (22 with ext mags). These changes allows the stock Scattercannons to be more effective in the 20-25m range and the Grinders losing range and veclocity (which doesn't matter) for having a bigger ammo cap. Grinders would have a significant increase in reload speed to 5.5s long, 4.75s short.

AF-34 Mattock:
    [IMG]
    Basically, the Mattock will become the Gauss Rifle for the NC MAX, but it will be the Gauss Autocannon. I would describe the Mattocks being changed to a long burst rifle that is held single handed by the MAX and belt fed from canisters on it's arms. It would still be considered a shotgun, but with a very tight spread, less pellets and long effective and narrow damage drop off.
    Mattock RoF would be changed from 180 to 395 (automatic). Pellet / Spread would be changed to 3 / 1.25. Damage would be change to 167 @ 15 to 143 @ 75m. Magazine size would be 10 (14 with ext mags) with a very large ammo pool compared to other NC MAX weapons with a reload speed of 2.2s long, 1.4s short. This would fill the role of that close-medium range weapon for NC MAXs that have been lacking since release.

Keep in mind that these are just suggestions, but I would welcome any change to help NC MAXs move from their role as CQC kings to a medium ranged role.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kriegson

Yeah but if the NC max has already fired most of his rounds or missses the killing blow, he's got a 4 second reload. That's plenty of time to put a rocket in him and run off or shove an LMG in his face and empty the mag if he's already low.
    And a properly used lockdown TR max is just as bad if not worse than a scatmax in close quarters, it's not only their legs they lockdown, its the entire area in front of them if played by a halfway competent player.

Now multiply that, with some small degree of outfit teamplay, and you've got an unbreachable wall of dakka.
  14. TheHolyDuck

Well i rly wish i had the scattermaxes for my tr part... i think our Empire special "Suicidal"-Lock Down is almost only usefull for Burster Maxes.

So pls stop the whining u rly got no reason for it...
  15. Devrailis

Running slugged Mattocks against infantry is like having a pair of burst fire assault rifles strapped to your arms. Except they're shotgunz. The only downside is their ability against other MAXes. Against a KA5 MAX, your damage is extremely compromised, but against ANY infantry, you'll gib them at pretty much any range.

Bonus points for counter-sniping snipers and picking LA's off the rooftops of towers with them.
  16. BITES

Other than the fact the shield actually doesn't work properly.

Lock Down does exactly as advertised and in the right situation (much like shield and ZoE) can be devastating.
    • Up x 1