NC MAX needs a serious buff

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ADUILO, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Crims

Newb here so take my comment however you like.. only played NC so far (BR31).

after 17 pages i saw videos of other max units walking into rooms and taking out 20 guys single handed. I've seen the duel videos showing NC maxes can't out perform the other max units after 5 m. Lots of math and abbreviations for things i still don't understand. Seen some cool videos of NC max units killing stuff but it's usually 1 or 2 guys at a time over the course of 10 combat situations that don't compare to the other max videos.

The counter argument (IMHO) is to ignore the math, pretend the duel videos don't exist then tell everyone " you suck, learn to play NC better".

In personal situations with the offensive power of my NC max, (2x buzzsaws with slugs, no extended yet) I can walk into a room with 6 to 8 enemies in the blast radius, unload and only manage to take down one or two. Even if the enemy were within the magical 15 m radius for slugs it still doesn't seem to have this overwhelming powerful affect.

Question/Observation: Is it possible that the death animation of the first 1 or 2 guys is absorbing the shots from the rest of the clip? Been curious about how that would work. Say you got 2 enemies at 5m 2 at 10m and 2 at 15m, can you not touch the guys at 10m + until the 5m guys completely fall to the ground? Asking because that is what 'seems' to be happening here in my limited knowledge base.
  2. RyanGUK

Think I've said this before but I'll say it again.

NC MAXes need two things.

1. A Gauss SAW on the Left arm.
    2. A Gauss SAW on the Right arm.

There, all fixed.
    • Up x 2
  3. minhalexus

Points have been made.
    You should lock this thread.
  4. Epic High Five

Naw my Titan AP takes out infantry way faster.

Also any of the other 10,000 things in this game that can kill infantry in one hit, often times out to render distance.
  5. KnightCole

NC MAX Changes

Mag size increased to:

10 and 12 rounds normally

Exmag ammo increase to 18-24.

Slight accuracy buff.

All better now.
    • Up x 1
  6. Baracuda

Decrease reload by 1 second and make it so you can toggle slugs instead of having to manually switch to them at a terminal (we know you can do this since it was on the test railjack)

(most people are baddies)
    • Up x 1
  7. ADUILO

It's completely relevant. Should a 100 cert and a 1000 cert weapon perform exactly the same in their intended role?
  8. KnightCole

MAX weapons are just arbitrarily jacked up to 1000 certs just so we cant MAX spam at lvl1.....sooo.....yes....they are not any better, and in fact are alot worse then normal shotguns...
  9. ADUILO

The VS and TR can MAX spam at medium range quite early on, but NC players can't.
  10. Posse

Yes, weapons should be sidegrades, not upgrades, cert cost is irrelevant, this is not a MMORPG.
  11. Hosp

TLDR, in case it hasn't been said,

Cone Choke ala PS1:
    (Numbers are for example purposes only)
    Tighter Spread, slower RoF - 40m @ 60RPM
    Moderate-Moderate - 25m @ 90 RPM
    Fast RoF, Loose Spread. - 12m @ 120 RPM
  12. BobSanders123

Maxes should have been like this:

TR - Dual Miniguns strapped to eacharm at 6000 RPM each. 5 damage per bullet. Would be so dakka and bullet spam people would be stuck in a corner for fear of being shredded. With 100000000000000 bullet ammo belts with no back up.
    NC - Dual God Saws strapped to each arm doing 998 damage each per bullet at 1000 RPM. Would be so loud and powerful people would run and cower at the sight of one in fear of having a hole in their chest. Or face. Face works too.
    VS - Dual Laser cannons that fire at 1 RPM with 2 damage per laser hit. These things would be star wars clone trooper laser like that people would be mutilated like a battle droid instantaneously. They would be hitscan regardless of distance. And no bullet drop.
  13. vanu123

You do realize it is the "Fastest TTK that isnt a instakill" thing in the game right? I never thought I had to spell it out for you.
  14. vanu123

2 damage? Thats it? 1 Round every minute? Please.
  15. BobSanders123

My apologies, the line below should correct that:
    1 RPM with 3 Damage per laser.
  16. vanu123

3 damage? Do you mean 3 instant kills?
  17. Epic High Five

That's not what was said, and anyway the NC MAX is either "instakill" or "unexceptional ttk" with nothing in between. The ROF on most of the guns is 180rpm, meaning if you need a 2nd shot you're suddenly WAAAYYYY behind lots of infantry guns. In fact, it's sub-Corvus TTK

I guess, if "fastest TTK that isn't a instakill" as you put it was the intention (if not entirely different from what you said), I've gotta ask exactly what numbers are you looking at? Because from where I sit it's either instagib <5m or it's at LEAST 0.66seconds, which is actually quite poor as far as TTK goes?
  18. vanu123

That 2nd shot is the other arm. If you shoot both arms at the same time then it is a near insta kill but because you fire twice it is not an instakill but rather the fastest ttk in the game.
  19. Epic High Five

Mattocks are capable of this, MAYBE, as long as the target is within 15m. Any of the other ones though, two shot kills simply do not exist past 10m without slugs.

I think the fact that most anybody who actually has spent a lot of time in all the fatsuits will report that the most stupid, brainlessly OP weapon is the Blueshifts tells a damning story about the supposed superiority of shotguns. I mean they're fun and all and that's what I'd choose 100% of the time because of that (well, with slugs, they're awful with buckshot) but if I'm wanting to kill a bunch of people without ever stopping for any reason then it's dual Blueshifts that I'm going to use every time.
  20. Chris Bingley

SOE were toying with NS weapons for the MAX on the test server, but that was when the test server first went live iirc. There was a flamethrower AI weapon that everybody was raving about. I don't see why they don't revisit this idea. It would put an end to people complaining about MAX faction balance. Having a flamethrower, HMG and (I hestitate to say it) shotgun available to all factions would limit arguements about faction MAX balance.

However, this would detract from the faction traits idea, which the current MAX loadouts exemplify. Perhaps modifying VS MAX weapons to have a lower RoF, but with splash damage like the Lasher might help with this somewhat. That would leave the NC MAX without a niche of it's own (as everybody would have access to shotguns).

I for one don't know how to stop these debates, I'm not a game developer. All I know is that people will continue to argue back and forth, because they want what the other factions have. So here's a nice short term solution. Make a new character from whichever faction you think is OP and play them instead. That way you can see how it feels to be on the other end of the arguement. Maybe you'll enjoy yourself and stick with that faction, or maybe you'll realise that you're better off where you are. I tried it, and I have even stopped playing my VS character (I occasionally log in to get passive cert, but that's it).