NC Max - Need advice

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Noif, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Noif

I have played on TR and Vanu Maxes and they feel quite solid to my use, but the main problem cause for me is that NC Max.... I feel it is like underpowered Max than TR and Vanu max. Both have good or solid medium and long range weapon, but NC max is more focused to close combat because their shotgun, but i feel that shotgun doesnt make enough dmg either.

So i want ask by NC max players, what is good tactics and good weapon parts vs infantry and vs tanks?
  2. Neofight

I Play now PS2 for a Month and 4 Days ago i Start to Spend a little bit time in the MAX
    2 i play NC"

First thing i must say without Support (engineer) u dont have much chance in Battles...

I play the Max with that 2 Rocketlauncher dont know the name actually but the Damage is High i mean.

Okay i dont play so long.

If i See Ground Enemys than i use 2 Launcher are they Air enemys no question that Flak both of them ;)

For Optimal .. Perfection u Defently need Repair/Ammo/Communication !!

Hope i Helped ;)

Cant wait hope Miller comes fast Online ^^
  3. Turiel =RL=

Hacksaw is the natural way to go. Use slug ammo and nano-repair for long distance and regular ammo and flak armor for cc.

The problem with the Raven is that it leads to pointless long distance camping where nothing gets accomplished and it really doesn't do a lot of damage. You simply make less exp over time with it than with a Hacksaw.
    • Up x 1
  4. Waratorium

The shotguns are okay in a Biolab or a fairly closed in base, so long as you have charge to get in and out of trouble and an engy somewhere to rep you (or nano-repair).

If you encounter hostiles who can shoot at you from outside shotgun range you need to immediately run to avoid dying, and TR/Vanu maxes will wreck you pretty easily, unless you have Falcons.

The Falcons do kill vehicles extremely quickly which is pretty fun- they are my favourite tool for killing sundies.
  5. vanu123

Dual grinders w/ extended mags & slugs, best max AI weapon IMO.
  6. _itg

Mattocks with slugs and ext mags are the best option for range, and they are the best preforming AI MAX weapon, statistically speaking. Grinders with slugs are another good choice, since the extra rounds come in handy. I don't see the point in slug hacksaws, since you have to pace your shots to maintain accuracy, which means the faster RoF is lost and you're just using a less accurate gun.
  7. Jaeger41

If you are using any of the AI Shotguns, make sure you get the extended mags upgrade!

Equipping slugs will extend the range of your shotguns.

Mattocks+slugs will give you the longest range shotguns. The default Scattercannon+slugs is second-longest.

Some users (including myself) prefer using dual Falcons for medium-range AI and short-range AV.
  8. TeddyMan56

When ever I need a longer range AI weapon for my NC MAX I just take a Burster with me. In a pinch its decent at cutting infantry down and it also gives some AA power.
  9. Turiel =RL=

Ever tried slugs? You can make random headshots up around 100m distance with these and over 20-30m they are just as good as TR/VS mid range MAXs.
    • Up x 2
  10. NoctD

How are hacks with slugs? I only have lowly Grinders myself, haven't decided if I should get Hacksaws or Mattocks.
  11. _itg

Go with Mattocks. Hacksaws have slightly better RoF at the expense of accuracy and a lot of bullet velocity. However, the extra RoF is not very valuable, because if you fire as fast as possible (with any MAX shotgun), the enormous bloom per shot will make hitting anything a crapshoot. You'll do much better if you wait for the crosshair to resettle after each volley unless you're close enough you don't need slugs in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  12. ZZYZX

I use dual Hacksaws. Sometimes with slugs, sometimes without, for AI fights.

For medium to long range, either against infantry or vehicles, it's dual Ravens.

Dual Ravens are also the best damn sniper rifle in the game. I'm about to Auraxium both arms. ;)
  13. Turiel =RL=

I played the ancient Scatter-MAX in PS1 for many years and when PS2 got released I figured that the Hacksaw would come closest to it. I can't actually tell how Grinders perform, but the Hacksaw gets the job done. It's not as insane as it was pre-nerf, but it is still a very competitive option. With Slugs it's basically random if you hit or not, but you will make a ton of kills over quite some distance.
    • Up x 1
  14. SoldierHobbes

Hacksaws with the charge ability and flak armor is best for getting in close and being nasty. Can't tell you how much fun it can be to hit charge and bum rush a group of enemies behind cover. I call this the berserker max. But just be aware if you use the charge to go into a fight, make sure you have an escape route planned cuz you can't charge again to bail out of trouble. For longer ranges, the mattocks are your go to. Using an aegis sheild will help more with this setup since you'll be a bit more distant. You can throw up the shield during a reload and it doesn't stop the reload. Extended mags are always highly recommended. As for slugs or not, I use the slugs outside and the buckshot when I know I'll be mostly indoors.