NC MAX is not OP, at least not until hitreg is fixed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beartornado, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Beartornado

Seriously, I sure wish it was as powerful as some of the TR or VS would like to make it sound like it is. I shouldn't be unloading whole clips into infantry, point blank, dead on target just because hit registration decides that only 20-30% of my shots should actually hit their target.

How about we guarantee that 100% of my shots actually hit, then we'll discuss how much I'd rather be able to lay down supressing fire at a distance rather than be forced to run into infantry who can bounce around me while unloading rockets, C4, and even light arms fire in concentrated amounts (provided they have the competence to even consider not standing still like the average cert pinata).
  2. SgtBreastroker

People forget that NC MAX excels at close range. Nothing will ever be perfectly balanced in this game.
  3. Kon

i could balance all the max units easy as, it wouldn't be popular but it would be balanced
  4. Beartornado

I don't even want flamethrowers which have been hinted at by the development changes. Just give me two gigantic waterguns that shoot streams of liquid freedom at my enemies.
  5. Dalistro

Why do people insist of making these topics over and over again.... Also not hitting enemies at point blank affects all maxes, not just NC.
  6. FnkyTwn

SCATMAX ONLY WORKS OUT TO 10M!!
  7. Kon

i would remove the scat cannons, refund sc to anyone who bought them put in gauss rifle variants, and then normalize all factions weapons to be similar so base model ones to be equal with cycler then mercy variants etc make them all the same then tell people to QQ about something else
  8. Laraso

Oi, don't use my video like that!

I was using Mattock slugs in that video. Sure, I was hitting aircraft, but it was doing virutally no damage. The only reason I did it was to nab assist XP while recording the video.
  9. Robes

Doesnt matter what you think anymore, its getting nerfed into line (hopefully) next patch
  10. Crayv

To put it into perspective. Imagine if they made LMGs an NC only weapon. However the HAs for TR and VS now get to dual wield their semi and full auto shotguns. Does that sound balanced? Oh you can no longer ADS with shotguns or LMGs.
  11. Kon

they will nerf them and then they will be ****, thats how SOE rolls, my idea would solve all the petty issues with OMFG scatmaxes are OP dont see anyone complaining about VS bursters vs TR or NC bursters
  12. Syphers

Not on my TR max I hit them perfectly fine.

NC max slugs: good range, require good aim, not that good in close combat, can't hit enemies at point blank or too close while looking down. Regular : Crap range, best stopping power. The hacksaws fire rate is way too high
  13. Syphers

Also people saying that NC MAXs dominate bio lab defense, wait until you see TR and VS MAXs on rooftops lol
  14. Kon

the other factions have LMG variant type of weapons on each max arm, NC should be no different, i use scatmax and i feel sorry for people i kill, but ill keep doing it , i dont think its possible to balance scatmax because balancing close range and saying saying use slugs for range is not fair when other max units dont have to. Removing them and refunding is best option don't even need new models right away reuse the scat models until new ones are made.

and when i say remove i mean just disable them for use leave them ingame as people have stats attached to them etc