"NC Max is bad at range! Completely balanced!"

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SpaceKing

Suddenly, nade spam. Which doesn't work on ScatMAX for some reason.
  2. Matthew Clark

MGP is a troll guys. By feeding him you endanger us all. I battled and beat him on another thread, but like the common cold, he annoyingly returns.
  3. Erendil

NC MAXes already have medium range weapons. They're called slugs.

Speaking of which, out of curiosity has anyone tried an "NC MAX vs TR/VS MAX" test while arming the NC MAX with slugs? I ask only because w/ slugs you can still kill an enemy MAX without reloading, and slugs seem to be just as accurate as TR/VS AI MAX weapons.
  4. LonelyTerran

The people in favor of the Nc max make me[IMG]FACEPALM.http://2.bp.************/-QxXzCX1G_5Y/UP6CjTJ2QPI/AAAAAAAAAgc/Ib7-kHlT0jo/s1600/Facepalm_facepalm.png
  5. Wildclaw

Easily tested in VR. At 60m range, killing a MAX while crouching
    • 2xMercy+EM: ~10-11s, 0 reloads.
    • 2xScatter+Slugs+EM: ~15-16s, 1 reload.
    What hurts the NC slug dps at range is not accuracy like some people seem to believe. I found the Scattercannon to be accurate enough while crouching. Instead, the bigger factors are lower projectile damage outside of CQC and higher CoF bloom per second. (With the Mercy you fire in bursts of 10-20 bullets, while with a shotgun you have to wait for bloom to mostly reset between each shot).
  6. Molotov

Built in flak armor for a ScatMAX is just one of the many benefits you get if you play the same faction as the Creative Director.
    • Up x 1
  7. Prodigal

Thats right, finally someone says it. I've lost a 1on1 as a HA against a NC MAX on 20-25m just yesterday. Was a quick fight, although I ASD'd a lot.
  8. Prodigal

Actually everything can be countered effectively with the right people and the resolve to do so. But you can't logically deduct from this that there are no unbalanced units or weapons. It only means that you can counter OP units by coordination and determination.

You didn't explicitly say that you don't find the ScatMax OP, but if you do, your argumentation doesn't seem fair.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sledgecrushr

Hacksaws at 20 meters against another max takes about 53 rounds to kill. Thats three reloads if youre counting.
  10. Molotov

Thankfully most major points on a map (control points, SCU, generators, choke points, etc) are all out in wide open spaces and not in enclosed areas less then 20 meters or the NC Maxes might be considered OP.
  11. JonboyX

Some are, some aren't.

- The biolab SCU generator for example is in a long narrow room. The stairs alongside it are both long and thin, and from the top you can cover all the doorwells (30m ish?) and a few steps back puts you out of LOS. The room above it can only be entered by two long thin bridges.

- Most outpost cap points are inconsequential as you take the base with vehicles, not infantry.

- Courtyard fights favour longer ranged weapons

If shotguns were universally better than rifles, no one would use anything else whilst fighting "inside"? We're not all using pump action/fully auto shotguns, so range presumably does have some benefits... even "inside" ?
  12. Molotov

Shotguns are becoming more and more common place in this game and people are in fact choosing them over other weapons. Why wouldn't someone use a shotgun at this point? It's only downside of range is hardly a factor in most battles when it is so easy to control your engagement. There will be even more of them now after double xp weekend when more people can afford them. People are choosing to leave this game due to simple minded no skill weapons such as the shotguns.
  13. Urban Cohort

My last session featured 3-4 NC MAXes using their shotguns to decent effect at up to ~25m. =/ I think that the argument that it's balanced due to range is a bit off, it has a reach of up to the close/mid distance. Judging from the graphic, if they're dead-on then the spread at 20m isn't much larger than a torso.
  14. Molotov

This whole myth that the NC Maxes are ineffective outside 10 meters is getting old. They are trying to say that because they have to fire more then once when something is outside the 10 meter range that is what makes it balance.
  15. TintaBux

Actually even with slugs the NC max is far far worse then the VS and TR maxes past 10 meters.

That's why to make it more simple, give TR/VS close range weapon, NC medium range (For infantry)
  16. Urban Cohort

You're telling me that something I saw with my own eyes is a myth =___=. Sure they didn't lay me out with a single hit, but they were doing pretty well nonetheless.
  17. Molotov

I said that NC claiming their Max is only effective within 10 meters was the myth.
  18. TintaBux

Nope, what your saying is a conspiracy theory based on no logic or facts. There is many video;s showing it and in game action showing it, along with data facts, so please keep your myths and conspiracy theories out of this thread.

Even with slugs the NC max is far far worse then the VS and TR maxes past 10 meters.

That's why to make it more simple, give TR/VS close range weapon, NC medium range (For infantry)
  19. Urban Cohort

I guess my reading and comprehension are subpar then.
  20. Lexicon

Haha, as someone who primarily plays NC, the argument of "but errr it's only god like in close range" is utterly moot and laughable. Hey, where are all the cap points in this game....yeah, that's right, in small rooms or enclosed spaces, so just think about that for a second: the times I've just sat as a hackmax with an engy on a cap point and ANNIHILATED everything, including maxes, that even came near it. Hilarious but ridiculously OP.