"NC Max is bad at range! Completely balanced!"

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SirBurning

Na , Scattermax isn't op. Maybe hacksaw needs a slight reduce in RoF
    It's just that the other maxes need a buff. Or the TTK of maxes vs maxes should be higher. Simple..

All these morons always crying nerf. There is no way to make the NC max less effective in close range without making it useless. So other maxes have to change, not the NC max.
    • Up x 1
  2. Molotov

Wow, look at all these people who obviously need to L2P because that Max is not OP:
  3. Smolzz

Wow, look at all these people who obviously need to L2P because that TR is not OP:
  4. Molotov

So the TR.....Light Assault class...is OP? Got it.
    • Up x 1
  5. ThePackage

After playing with the NC max for the last week my opinion has changed from when I was playing against them.

They're much more powerful than I had originally thought. Their range is equal to that of the other two, and their effectiveness is orders of magnitude better. I feel like a God when I pull a MAX as NC.
  6. Smolzz

Absolutely yes - just look at my flawless arguments above.
  7. Lexicon

That's just silly. I've always been for buffing things rather than nerfing, but when it comes to being insta-gibbed, without the slightest chance, I make an exception. Like I say, I've used and abused both scats hacksaws and they're quite honestly a joke. I've said it before here, but I'd start every session by hot dropping on a tower or the Crown and would ghost about 15 people guaranteed. It's ridiculous, and proliferating that isn't the answer.
  8. SirBurning

A duel triple-barrel shotgun exskeleton vs infantry should be a instagib. Problem is, it also does it to maxes, that has to change. If I come face to face to a TR max I die in 0.8 seconds aswell if I am infantry. Problem isn't infantry vs max, problem is max vs max.

Infantry can use, smoke, C4, concussion , rocketlaunchers, grenades etc etc you name it.. maxes don't have that option when they combat another max.

Also, before anybody does anything. I think it's very wise to wait for the max revamp before we start balancing maxes. Flamethrowers are a Cross-Faction CQC weapon.
  9. Matthew Clark

you guys are chasing each other in circles and you both look like idiots.

Another Proposal. Change the map itself to better support mid long range play and give the other two MAXs a fighting chance by giving them an LMG on each arm rather than half of one. How about we give the VS/TR some kind of short range weapon while the NC get some sort of mid range weapon.

Maybe we could even do something really crazy and let the people who design the game finish the MAX class whenever the hell they decide to get to it. Your ******** has become so common place I doubt they even look through your nerf threads anymore.
  10. Lexicon

Calling someone an idiot for expressing an opinion = how's that perfectly polished mirror, matthew?
  11. Matthew Clark

I didn't call you an idiot. I said that by chasing each other in circles makes you LOOK like idiots. I'm sure you're both mentally capable people. Stubborn, but capable.

As for opinions, you are both trying to use facts to support you're opinions while ignoring the other's logic. Walk a mile in his shoes.
  12. Evil Monkey

Two decent suggestions.
  13. Molotov

So it's ok to instagib because it is triple barreled but it is an outrage when a TANK has 2 barrels and kills infantry with both barrels. Ya, that makes all kinds of sense.
  14. SirBurning

Ye that it kills people with 2 barrels is fine,.

How do you compare a tank to a max anyway? Do you guys really always pull all sorts of arguments out of your *** to prove me wrong.

For a triple barrel duel shotgun exo skeleton it's fine at what it does in close range.. . other maxes just need a buff.

MAXES should be feared. Not something like, oow a max lets just shoot a rocket and be done with it
  15. Molotov

I can't believe you think it is acceptable for a Max to instagib everything in it's range, while tanks should not be equally feared by infantry. You have absolutely no sense of what the word balance means.
  16. SirBurning

We are balancing gameplay mechanics, not around real life factors.

Everything within 5 meters, 2 shots for ~10, ALOT more anything after that, go try it.

Now why do you think a tank should be able to 1 shot infantry? Because a tank can do that in real life? hmm? We are balancing a game here, not real life.

A shotgun is extremely lethal in short range. In it's current form, it is. I don't see the problem? That other maxes aren't that useful is a problem with those maxes, not with the NC one.

Also entirely something different, I think people should shut up about MAX Balance discussion until the MAX Revamp anyway
    FLamethrowers are Cross-Faction CQ Weapons and the faction specific abilities. After that we can look at MAX Balance. And I am sure SOE thinks the same.
  17. Molotov

So we balance the game not around real life factors for the tanks but balance them according to real life for shotguns? If that's not biased then I'm not sure what is.

Why can't the game be balanced so one faction doesn't have a glaring advantage over two other factions who have little to no benefits?
    • Up x 1
  18. Badname0192

How about we change the lable of this post for you?

"Some of us are unable to counter an NC MAX! Please help us and make this game more bland by nerfing a danger that many others can go against because we of the forum few DEMAND SUCH!"
  19. Badname0192

Changes it versus other max at insta gib range. NC Max DIES ALL THE TIME. Think this through, because the NC Max versus other Max outside of the effective range w/o a charge, is a dead Max if the NC Max does not try to lure the enemy Max within range.
  20. Alex Heartnet

If I see a MAX and I am a Heavy, I immediately reach for my Shrike. One rocket later, it is at half health. I dart behind cover, reload, and if all goes well the MAX is dead to a second rocket. Tank mines are also available as an option - drop a couple, wait for the enemy MAX to draw near, shoot it a few times with the Mag-Shot, and boom Murphy's Law comes into effect and you kill half a dozen teammates while the MAX survives o_O

A MAX without support is a MAX that dies quickly, as the attackers can take full advantage of the MAX's lack of mobility. If it is carrying anti-infantry weapons it will be picked apart by small arms fire. If it is carrying antitank weapons, it will be killed by a single engineer with a Mercenary or GD-7F.