"NC Max is bad at range! Completely balanced!"

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Shredthewolf

Except you place them by spawn doors and oh look, That argument is completely invalid now.

/thread
    • Up x 10
  2. Vreki

Because you would have easily escaped the 10 others spawncampers if the AI MAX hadn't been there?
    • Up x 9
  3. Shredthewolf

You could put one AI NC Max there and would have no need for any other spawn campers.

With the TTK of the other max units this just isn't possible, even in open combat where my Mercies take 5 seconds to kill the NC max will EASILY be able to dash to cover and be entirely safe since I will be unable to chase.
    • Up x 10
  4. Frosty The Pyro

or you can take any class with an autoshoty (available to all three factions for all classes sans infiltrator) and also stand next to the spawn door for an identical effect. Its what shotguns do.
    • Up x 1
  5. Village

Yes, because every faction has a class that can dual wield shotguns and take more bullets than 10 soldiers.
    • Up x 23
  6. Edeep

Planetside 1 = Jackhammer+Surge
    Planetside 2 = 2*Hacksaw+Charge

Giving a speed boost to anything that have a "All In Your Face" gun and it will be OP .Hacksaw is "balanced" , Hacksaw+charge is unbalenced , end of story .

Still being One Shot is too much , two shots would be better (and optimal range improved to 10m)
    • Up x 5
  7. r1stormrider

You cannot lock down spawn room with just 1 MAX acting alone. His reload time and magazine size won't allow it. He will get rushed and hosed down just like an infantry would.
    • Up x 8
  8. iRhuel

He will also kill the first 5 people out the door in the process, which is more than the other maxes can say, and they die just the same.
    • Up x 5
  9. Devrailis

This. If people rush in one at a time, which they usually do, the problem is with their tactics and not the NC MAX. Throw in 3 shielded heavies with rockets up, and watch the NC MAX go BOOM. (It only takes 2 rockets to kill any MAX regardless of their suit upgrade). If you want to get real tactical, and frankly, if you're playing Planetside 2, you should be, otherwise you have no business playing this game, throw in a concussion grenade first. Ever see a MAX get hit by a concussion grenade? They become sitting ducks.
    • Up x 7
  10. Plague Rat

I'm sorry, but with the new spawn rooms you have ample means of spotting, shooting, killing or staying 10m away from a NC scattermax, you really need to try harder. Unless your spawnroom is camped to such an extend that it's a lost cause, and in case you haven't tried any other armies, that's not something that only NC can do, any army can zerg. Believe me, I've been locked into the spawn room just as much wearing my blue uniform as I have on my red one.
    • Up x 2
  11. Drayth

The range is actually nowhere near as bad as the NC fanboys would have u believe. Its TTK is better than the other two out to 20 meters, and almost every base fight takes place closer than this.
    • Up x 12
  12. r1stormrider

Who's fault is it for rushing out the door right into their face? You realise you can use the door shield for cover and just bait him to miss his shots? You realise you can try to outsmart other players and not just bum rush like lemmings?
    • Up x 4
  13. Shredthewolf

I'm going to go ahead and say you probably don't know what 20 meters is. Because a 20 meter NC max is a useless max. I know this, you know this, and especially the NC know this, which is why they're rarely caught outside of biolabs where it is much harder to have footholds and cover that you can use to bait people in. I've done this as my LA but its much easier because people dont' expect a Shotgun out in the open field.
  14. MASTER CHEF

If you let a Max get close to you, you deserve to be 1 shotted.

Their good at one thing and one thing only: Close range. See an NC max? Turn around, run the other direction. "BUT IM IN THE BIO LA-" NO. If an NC max kills you in the bio lab, working as intended. Sniper kills you out in the field, working as intended. Use strategy, play better, stop crying.
    • Up x 11
  15. Purg

Yawn. 5 people in one reload? Never done it myself and I have extended mags. 3 on a good day, less if you don't spend the 1000 certs for extended mags. Too close and you can actually miss.

Maybe you're being killed with an NC MAX equipped with slugs and I think that may be skewing a lot of people's impression of the effective range of MAX shotguns. 20 meters is only possible with an extended clip and a little luck if you're not running slugs. Slugs, I can get kills out to 50 in a spray and hope kind of way while I sit perfectly still and provide a nice big target - but I forgo that face melting ezmode toe to toe ability to have the chance to kill someone at longer range (and I'm absolutely convinced that CoF of slugs has been nerfed since patch 02)
    • Up x 1
  16. Fallout10mm

Ok here's what were gona do, NC max gets a decent midrange AI gun, say some machinegun, and the TR and VS get some closerange shotguns (not as good as say hacksaws but something decent)

There everybody's happy now shutup.
    • Up x 4
  17. Brusilov [TR]

[IMG]
    • Up x 16
  18. wingspan

VS and TR buffs are a good move, but NC will still use Hacksaws. Unless they bring in compelling suit abilities that might mean NC MAXes might not have Charge, that is.
  19. Curse_Gamerkin

The NC are right, its fine the way it is. we should have to think of plans and work tactically to take out a NC max that only needs to spam m1+m2, because we know how hard they work to faceroll against our maxes. its balanced and your silly if u think its unfair.
    • Up x 4
  20. wingspan

You don't have to be too tactical to kill a MAX, you just need a few to be aggressive and coordinated.

A lot of players are just bad.
    • Up x 1