NC MAX CQC weapon

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Camatoo, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Camatoo

Hey, whats, if even, is the current best CQC weapon for the NC Max? Grinder or Hacksaw? Really only for points pushing, so the maximum distance is around 20 meters.

Or is there currently no good weapon for Max and i just should stay with the gorgon?
  2. Liewec123

only Scattercannons, but even they aren't really worth it,
    as you said its best to just stick with Gorgons as NC unfortunately.
    • Up x 1
  3. OldSchoolD

I seldomly bother to pull a NC Max as it is close to useless. Has nothing to complement AA like the ZOE extra damage and tracers or the TR Deploy RPM boost. NC AV MAX is also near useless, the damage output of the Vortex and the bullet trajectory of the super nerfed Falcons make them derisory, regardless of shots to kill, as landing shots while not being killed in the process goes.

Like Liewec suggests, AI MAX outside 10m does not compute. The shotguns are ludicrous. The glowing defensive shield is totally C4 permeable and lasts only seconds of it being hit even by pistol fire. A seriously unbalanced MAX this one is.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

the AV isn't bad (Ravens i mean) they allow you to plonk enemy vehicles from pretty far away with precision
    agreed the damage isn't great, but you can sustain it due to how easy it is to land the dmg.
    i'd say for AV its just as good as Fractures :)

but yeah i agree with you on not pulling NC max much anymore,
    i just don't find myself wanting to waste the 450 nanites,
    for AV i'd rather go light assault with ambusher jets and C4,
    for AA i'd rather pull my trusty Walker Ant,
    for AI i'd rather pull...anything.

imho NC max AI did need balancing, but it was all down to slugs.
    slugs gave NC max far too much range, they're the shotgun max! range was never supposed to be their thing.
    devs should have removed slugs and kept the damage drop off to what it currently is so NC max is useless outside of CQC.
    BUT inside of CQC NC max should absolutely wipe the floor with TR and VS maxes, and yet they merely do similar DPS in cqc...

comparing NC max AI to TR and VS currently literally EVERYTHING is worse except CQC damage,
    (ranged damage, headshot multiplier, accuracy (pellet spread), damage drop off, sustained fire, reserve ammo, reload speed, literally everything worse)
    and cqc damage is merely similar to TR and VS...similar cqc damage, everything else worse.
    that isn't balance.
  5. Camatoo

Ok thanks, then i stay with the gorgon. I used the scattercannon+mattock but i already noticed the lack of damage they provide. Didn't even notice they removed slugs from the game.
    I needed more than 2 shots from both to kill infantry on a point and at that time i was already close to death thanks to C4.

Better invest the certs into my heavy or medic
    • Up x 1
  6. JustGotSuspended

I would go with dual scatter cannons. They have that 1hk potential that makes them lethal in CQC. I can remember some pretty juicy 100+ streaks as a scattmax (granted, I took full advantage of hossin benefit) post nerf.

I can't speak for the other weapons, but scatter cannons would be your best bet for instant CQC elimination.
  7. Liewec123

even scattercannons aren't great, agreed they're the best of the bunch IF you can get the ohk.
    but the oneshot requires 8 of the 10 widely spread pellets to hit the target (and it must be within 8m)
    and without that oneshot the TTK goes up considerably due to the horrendous 120rpm.
    this is even more apparent on Grinders which "can also oneshot" but requires even greater luck.
    (grinders require ALL 20 of 20 pellets to hit the target within 8m to deal exactly 1000dmg.)

unfortunately its best just to stick with Gorgons, if you're going to have a longer TTK than TR and VS,
    then you might aswell have a longer TTK without all of the other weaknesses of NC max AI.
    i don't think we're ever going to see a balance patch to make the NC max AI weapons useable again.
    • Up x 1
  8. JustGotSuspended

Yeah I don't use grinders because they are just too unreliable. I've always had a good time with scattercannons though, they 1hk pretty reliably, though I mostly just pull them in bios.

The extreme short max damage range does force me to play quite conservatively, which I why I actually have longer streaks as scattmax than with the other 2. It is the least forgiving max.
  9. Liewec123

thats the total opposite to me :D
    if i have a lapse in judgement and try using the shotguns instead of Gorgons,
    the short range causes my death within the first minute or two!
    and then due to the RNG nature of the shotguns and the extremely low range it is like Russian roulette,
    if you can oneshot them, they can oneshot you with c4.

i'd probably live longest on my VS max, their range seems a little better than TR,
    and also i run Emergency Repair way more on my VS (because ZoE is pretty darn bad and lockdown is fun on TR.)
  10. JustGotSuspended

yeah it definitely forces you to be a sneaky max, and encourages ambushing/camping behind a doorway. A great place is if you jump onto that object at the entrance of A point in most biolabs. Sit on top that thing, and you can 1hk anything that pokes it's head inside the point, with little risk of getting C4ed.

I have tried gorgons before but I find them a bit to weird to use unless against another max.

Also yeah the faction specific abilities are a bit depressing and make emergency repair meta.
  11. Clone117

If the nc max shield was buffed to where we could sprint and fire one arm with it active life would be a little easier. It would also be nive to have 2 gauss lmgs duck taped together on one arm for anti infantry.
  12. JustGotSuspended

yeah can you imagine dual 3hk past 85m gauss saws on a max?

might as well give the thing dual sniper rifles
  13. brutes359

Huh...well I don't want to say I told you so but.....yea, literally I told you guys about this stuff for the past five years. Every time the same response, meme spams and moderator take downs after that, followed by a nerf shortly after (or three). Weak counter argument after weak counterargument, and here we are...with Maxes literally unsued even when there FREE.

So to put it simply, stander scatter cannons for infantry, hacksaws for maxes, don't bother with AV or AA anymore unless shooting from safe location such as the crown, and at slow or stationary targets like deployed sunderers, shield on console still blocks C-4 (If its on the other side, which it usually isn't) but not tank shells or rockets and open visor can still be shot through, rendering it nearly moot.

At this time however, ambusher light assaults trump Maxes in every category save maybe AA. But with the rocklet rifle with tracking rocklets, that is not by much. However I disagree with the statement of the ravens being as good as the fractures. With lockdown, the fractures have the benefit of faster muzzle velocity, faster fire rate, and a 10 round magazine per weapon thank to the triple nerfs to the ravens ammo capacity and the nerfing of the energy shield to no longer block rockets and tank shells (thanks for that wrel).

Maybe we'll get lucky and see a Max buff soon. But somehow I don't think so. The current objective seems to be the mythical "Faster paced combat" that is all the craze these days instead of actual tactical gameplay. Though if the devs ever do somehow manage to realize (somehow) that these nerfs where unnecessary and by some miracle actually revert the NC max to its original intended place (Minus the slugs of course, never used them myself anyway) mattoks for infantry, scatterguns for maxes, hacksaws for biolabs and mixed CQC infantry and max combat. Oh yea, and never leave home without your ordinance armor, even if it is completely pointless as it doesn't actually protect you from C-4 once it gets within 5 feet, (which is almost always where it lands courtesy of ambusher jump jets) it will save you from the arrant bad throw or granade and rocket spam. Just don't rely on it.

For what's its worth. I hope it helps, maybe someday I will actually be able to use my ARX max armor on the field again.
  14. brutes359

Also, I actually like that idea for the dual wrist mounted Gauss SAWs. Smaller damage per shot then the gorgons, but faster fire rate do to alternating fire from each gun. Not to mention it would totally be something the NC would do, adapting standard equipment to suit their needs. A solid 200 damage per shot, a grand total of 200 rounds per reload, a combine total well over 1000 rounds per minute, and still a dedicated infantry weapon. it would even be relatively accurate from the more reinforced shooting platform the Max provides and look really intimidating when used and fired.

HEY DEVS, pay attention to this guys idea. I want to see something like this in the future, along with NC max melee weapons like hammers, and the Mega size two-handed railguns I keep hearing rumors about. Maybe then people would actually use the maxes.