[Suggestion] NC M30 Mustang AH reaver weapon is underpowered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tr34, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Tr34

Hello,
    When compared to Light PPA of Vanu Sovereignity, NC anti infantry gun is underpowered because of ammo count.
    While Light PPA can fire 70 explosive rounds and kill a whole platoon on top of a hill in just a single pass, NC variant can only fire 9 shoutgun style rounds. And they don't even oneshot to compensate the low ammo count.
    I think NC Reaver needs a weapon to compensate with Light PPA, not that low ammo plane-shotgun. TR weapon is also not as good as the VS one. Please balance vehicles, don't make them have overpowered advantages over another. I rarely see a flying Reaver, everyone uses either Scythe or Mosquito to farm on Cobalt or Miller servers. As a suggestion you can make them use same NS weapons only, maybe? Or make them Empire specific variants like secondary guns. (Pods, missiles etc.)
  2. SwornJupiter

lol no
    • Up x 12
  3. Tr34

How's your Light PPA farm going? ^^
  4. Invictorum

The Air Hammer doesn't need a buff currently. If anything the TR Banshee nose gun needs it.
    • Up x 3
  5. TheFlamingLemon

The PPA and the AH should be nerfed to math the Banshee's effectiveness. Similarly, the prox mine and claymore should be nerfed to match the bouncing betty and the MCG and jackhammer should be changed to match the role of the Lasher. But that's off topic.
  6. 0fly0

oO Mustang don't one shot?
    They probably don't give the same mustang to all players.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cyropaedia

L-PPA was severely nerfed late last year where the orbs now have a range of around 300m. That means any competent AA/AP can easily down a nearby hovering pigeon.

Not only can Mustang farm Infantry, it can gank ESFs in 2-3 shots. Should be great against Libs and Gals. Try to run L-PPA (bullet velocity of a turtle) against an ESF or Lib. I dare you. lol.
  8. OldMaster80

Mustang? It instakills infantry do you really want to buff it further? What did you drink yesterday evening?!
    • Up x 1
  9. bLind db

Wow.

Just wow.
  10. Blippy

The Prox Mine and the Bouncing Betty are identical. It's the Claymore that's bugged to hell.
  11. MonnyMoony

Lol - really OP.

This is the weapon that can 2 shot a Max from full health in about 1/2 a second?

It seems to have much tighter pellet grouping than other shotgun type weapons - so landing most/all of them is relatively easy.

I have fully certed kinetic armour on my AA-Max, just to give me a fighting chance against this weapon.
    • Up x 3
  12. TheFlamingLemon

I'm pretty sure the betty is worse than the proxy. I've literally ran over bouncing betty's at full sprint and been left with a slight bit of health to spare.
  13. Hegeteus

You can't simply lob 70 plasmaballs before you get blown to nanites, AH is snappy and is capable of rapidly killing MAXes etc. If anything, I have to agree with Scr1n that AH damage could be nerfed against non-infantry targets and possibly MAXes too. Numbers can be tweaked, but I'm sure this way the AH could be made healthier to this game

That being said, I think people tend to overestimate AH in air-to-air fights... but I'd wish we get a competitive pilot to comment on that
    • Up x 1
  14. SpartanPsycho

Never mind that the banshee was a reduction of over 80% in effectiveness for 20% overeffectiveness.
  15. SpartanPsycho

No, it can't...

And, oh max user, its flak armor you should be using, kinetic is for LMGs...
  16. TheFlamingLemon

I really think ESFs and Liberators should behave much differently in terms of air-ground. Right now it's just farming until you get locked on to a couple of time, flak is pulled, or an enemy aircraft comes into the area. See: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ving-many-other-game-mechanic-changes.236631/

In leu of that, a simple nerf to effectiveness in A2G to make it so that ESFs have to work a little harder for those kills could be nice.
    • Up x 1
  17. OldMaster80

Yep they explode through walls, often they're triggered by friendlies as well. Sometimes I literally kill myself with my own claymores...
  18. Khrin

I'm pretty sure that sodding thing 1-shots maxs, so shoosh :p
  19. SpartanPsycho

You don't nerf things because "it could be nice"

It could be nice to have free college and a 1700 minimum wage, that doesn't solve the moral and psychological impact...
  20. MonnyMoony

Go on - how many shots then considering it does between 125 and 175 x 8 direct damage per shot plus indirect damage if the pellet misses. The Mustang can fire 3 shots per second - so even if it takes all 5 shots - your stock Max will still only last around 1.5 seconds.

On the other hand a Stock Reaver with full health will last around 5 and a half seconds when faced with a dual buster Max - even at point blank range and all shots landing.

As for the armour type. Kinetic armour is for any type of direct damage, not just LMGs - flak is for indirect/splash damage. The Mustang AH does both types of damage - therefore both types of armour can be effective depending on whether you are hit directly by the pellet or indirectly by the splash damage. I am certainly lasting longer against Reavers equipped with Mustang AHs after equipping Kinetic armour.