NC - Looking for Balanced Close-Medium Range Gun

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CptCuddles, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CptCuddles

I don't want to waste a ton of points on some gun that doesn't fit my play style. I mainly play LA by running in and out of fights capturing objectives which generally involves CQC. But I also want the flexibility of being able to take enemies out from a moderate distance with relative accuracy. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Hobo Jack

sc11 is probs the best gun at longer ranges currently. it is expensive so i would reccomend getting a gauss burst or the ns-11 while you save for it.
  3. Achmed20

sc11 and ns11? are those even NC LA weapons? cant remember them at all.
    if you want to be flexible then the only viable choice would be the gauss-s. all the upgrades available for it makes its pretty flexible. the nade launcher allone is worth it. not upgraded, its basicly just the default gun
  4. DrTeeth

Get the GD-7F and put an Advanced Laser and Suppressor on it. Now you have a beastly CQC hipfire weapon. Add on a Reflex Sight and Soft-Point Ammunition and you'll do well at medium range also.
    • Up x 1
  5. Meiu

What this guy said.
  6. Soulshox

GD7F is what i reccomend.
  7. Hobo Jack

sorry i was about to go to bed and i probs got the acronyms wrong will log onto the game and get their proper names shortly
  8. Kayos

Gauss-S is good at everything. GDF7 sucks at medium, longer ranges.
  9. Trysaeder

The default carbine. Seriously, all the starting weapons are quite vanilla, jack of all trades types. There's little need to purchase anything when it perfectly fits your playstyle.
  10. Vargs

Soft points actually lower your damage at close (and long) range. The tooltip just doesn't tell you so. Save your certs and don't use them.

The IR/NV sight is also a good choice for the GD-7F. Makes enemies much more clear, sees through smoke, and the low range on it doesn't really matter for the GD.