NC -- looking for a good gun for medium/long ranges.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Deroth, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Deroth

Hey all, I'm mainly playing HA but looking to try LA for variety sake and those situations when the team needs more people to attack the generators. I generally prefer medium/long range firefights, so not looking for a CQC-only weapon (even for CQC situations, yes I know, makes sense). My current preferred weapon as HA is GD-22s. Which of you had good success with NC carbines at medium/longer ranges? Which guns/attachments did you use?

Thanks!
  2. ThoughtfulBee

The AF-19 Mercenary/Gauss Compact S is the best for any range carbine combat for the NC. The GD-7F is for CQC, and the EM9 requires a lot of certing in to for longer accuracy, and can still dance a little too much at range.

I remember in the beta, when attachments were cheaper, a foregrip+compesnator combo worked wonders for the AF-19. Someone else can probably post a better setup, as I use neither now.
  3. Ghoest

It does not have the range but the GD-7f feekls the most like the GD-22 to me when it shoots.
  4. Achmed20

carabine -> would be the ac-x11. highest damage of our guns by far but lowest magazine. can be even enhanced with high speed ammo to further incread LR damage and range.

more rifle like -> piston(or other shotty) and slugs
  5. pnkdth

I will never part from my AF-19 merc. Perfect compromise between magazine size, RoF, and damage. Its basic iron sight is prefereble over the reflex sights as well, IMO. This gun was made for me.
  6. Hashi

personally I use the AC-X11. I like the damage and the recoil seems to be more manageable due to the slower RoF. I easily take out enemies from 0-100+m respectively with either the burst fire or just unloading a clip. The only attachment I've put on the thing is the laser sight other than that I keep it the way it is.
  7. Krona

GD-7f is a MONSTER close up and can do well mid range with control.

Has the lowest TTK of any NC gun and one of the lowest in the game.

Thing is probably OP.
  8. Achmed20

go for the gauss-s then. same gun but way more addons like nade/smoke launcher launcher, both ammo upgrades, plenty of scopes and so on.
  9. RoosterNE

For long range as a LA, I would use Shotgun with Extended magazine, 4x Scope and Slugs. Perfect for those perched on top of the tower and want to snipe moments.
  10. ThElement078

This^ it may seem stupid but trust me it works!
    • Up x 1
  11. Meiu

Yeah, I use it to be on even ground with TR weapons. Please don't remove our only way to compete against TR LA.

On topic: Yeah, definitely go the slug/shotgun route. It is REALLY devastating.
  12. Deroth

Will try out the shotguns with slugs, although I really prefer assault rifle gameplay. Between the gauss-s and AC-X11, which one is better for medium/long ranges? And is gauss burst any good?