NC LMGs -- your favorite

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Seumas, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Seumas

Still getting my feet wet in the Heavy Assault area... any NC guys out there with some suggestions on their favorite primary weapon as a Heavy?

Thanks!
  2. Cluzore

GD 22
    Don't stick with the vanilla weapon.

My advise is to get the AA rocket launcher as soon as possible and then get either the EM 1 or the GD 22
  3. themadmonk

Is there a place online where we can see a breakdown of all the weapons and their stats?
  4. Bags

GDS 22 is my favorite too.
  5. Cluzore

SOE don't release stats.
    We've been asking them for ages.
  6. Bags

But they released bars! Woo usefulness!
  7. Maxi'sProteinPowder

NC guys, whats the best combo to use for HA -weapon of choice and scope, im at work and atm and only installed the game just now, but want to carve up as soon as i get home? and whats the best rocket launcher for tanks to buy? Im an ALPHA Squad member btw. just need info as im at work and im very edgy to go! has anything been nerfed since Beta Argghhhhh im gonna go home sick!
  8. [HM]Krowe

EM-1 is a viable option if you learn toward the CQC heavy assault, the GD-22 is more versatile atm...
  9. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Awesome thx guys!
    I will buy both EM-1 And GD 22 and make my decision or have 2 loadouts.
  10. 1Jammie1

No love for the EM6? The EM6 is a LMG right?
    • Up x 1
  11. Twign

I haven't tried out the other LMG's for NC yet, but the vanilla one supposedly does the most damage per round according to the stats next to the weapons purchase chart. Is this BS? or is the recoil just too much compared to the others? In other please describe how is it worse or better.
  12. Locke

It does do the most damage per round but its so dependent on hitting every round to equal the high DPS of the TR/Vanu weapons that unless your both shooting at range in bursts your better off finding something with a higher ROF and smaller COF.
  13. StormFrog

14. Deavonere

GD-22s for mid to long range
    EM1 for CQC

Make sure you get scope 4x or 6x, forward grip and compensator if you want to have a chance in long range.
    Gauss SAW is very bad in long range and don't even bother shooting more then 2-3 bullets in one burst.

Crow rocket launcher will give you ability to lock on target, but at the same time its range is so minimal, that you can do just fine with dumbfire of the original RL. I would much rather go for Hawk for AA lock-on. To be honest I won't probably spent 1000 certs or 700SC for any of them. Not worth it.
  15. Undeadfred

The Saw (default Heavy weapon) With a Compensator, Forward grip, and sight of your choosing, is one of the most versatile, and dominant guns in the game.

All said you have to invest 230 certs to see this gun really shine.
  16. Deavonere

at the same time you can invest in much better weapon GD-22s. Why waste 230 certs ?
  17. Undeadfred

The only Real difference between the two, post upgrade is the Magazine size, and reload speed. The reload speed is nice, but engaging and killing an enemy and having 80% of your ammo left to fight his two friends, is an amazing benefit to have.
  18. Purg

Unless I'm going blind, the compensator has been dropped from the GD-22. It was my Beta weapon of choice a long with the Hawk and since I don't have the certs like I did with the Beta, it's a lot harder to wield at the moment (though, still have about a 3:1 K/D with it - if you exclude all the TK's) especially at range. Single burst fire only beyond 100m.
  19. Deavonere

Well I'm gonna check this out after work today. Maybe GD-22s was nerfed so that SAW would not be as bad in comparison. That would suck.
  20. Undeadfred

It was dropped, and from a few other weapons too. That change is what gave the Saw the leg up on the GD-22 (again after certs) and what makes the MSR now better then the Carv (TR weapons(the MSR get's soft ammo, while the Carv Lost it's copensator, though reduce recoil on one of the fastest shooting guns that can shred people up on headshots was a bet overkill))

I think I agree with the changes overall, Hard to tell as of yet. However seems odd to make such bold balance changes from beta to launch.