NC in general 0_0

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by the pestimist, Mar 5, 2013.

1. the pestimist

every time nc has something good I see whining the reaver looked good in the beta vids I watched actually on par with the others now it is very much more skill demanding. Jackhammer as pointless as ever. When flamethrowers come in make tr and vs max move faster. I know im probably going to get this thread closed but hey lets start an argument.
  2. LiamPam

Yes. Let's first negate the only thing the NC is actually really better than VS/TR (namely the MAX), then give those two other factions even a unique buff to make NC even much worse to bring something on top of it.
    Sorry, but... go back to thinking school.
  3. the pestimist

I was talking about the maxes sorry.
  4. LiamPam

So was I. What's your point?
  5. Gisgo

Preventive whining?
  6. Cinnamon

Lasher and the TR chaingun are not pointless? Although I do see people using the lasher for some reason. The only real problem with all these weapons is that LMGs and purchasable shotguns are just too good.

But, eh, if you think that your AI MAX weapons are fine right now or that NC deserve it for some reason then whatever.
  7. Xasapis

weird thread is weird
    • Up x 1
  8. Oreo202

The MCG is basically a shotgun with longer range, the jackhammer is terrible, and the lasher is only 'useful' until in biolabs, until you get weapon locked of course, because people are blind and enjoy walking into the stream of green light.
  9. Cinnamon

Wow, the MCG sounds awesome. Do you think I should go out and spend my cash on it right now? Is that a definite buy form you, in that I will buy it and never be disappointed and find out that it performs terribly?
  10. XRIST0

Nothing wrong with NC ..

Get out of our max suit for once ?
  11. Oreo202

It's not really any better or worse than the lasher.
  12. Cinnamon

It's worse than rifles and LMGs and has no special properties at all, only a delay in spinning up.
  13. PaperPlanes

The Jackhammer needs a buff to give it a better role, because right now it's just a shotgun that is a bit worse than regular shotguns (not that it can't kill someone ridiculously fast, but the other shotguns have advantages in ammo capacity and/or fire rate depending on which you compare it to). I would suggest leaving it how it is, but giving it more pellets and more spread to make it truly a close range beast.

The MCG probably needs a bit more range and rate of fire to make the spin-up time worthwhile and make it a better support weapon. You should still be punished in close range for using it, it's not supposed to be an LMG replacement, it's supposed to be a supporting bullet hose.

The Lasher really needs to be less likely to induce friendly fire and it needs the self-injury splash damage removed completely. Other than that it is fine.

As for other NC issues. We just had flinching changed and NC have benefited from it very nicely and SOE managed to keep it balanced so that it didn't give NC a massive advantage, probably one of the first times I've been very happy with SOE's balancing. This change definitely helped NC across the board and I don't see how anyone can complain about NC small arms anymore. The NC Max is too much, it definitely needs tweaked and the other Max suits need small buffs and tweaks, but all of this is probably going to come in the March update (not GU4, that's technically a February update). The Reaver is nowhere near as bad as people think it is, but I guess it could use some minor buffs, probably could do with better acceleration.