[Guide] NC Heavy Assault Weapons In-Combat Comparison

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Wristy, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Wristy

I have put together a Video documenting all the weapons in the heavy assaults arsenal. if you have any comments or feedback please comment on the video and i will get back to you asap
    • Up x 3
  2. Corviid

Nice video, I especially liked "NC Mag shot.. strait up the pistols crap" lol
  3. Intruder313

But the Mag-Shot is the the best default pistol and better than the "upgrade" Rebel.....
  4. Quor

Personal preference. The Mag is more of a hipfire weapon. Higher magazine and it still hits reasonably hard with a good RoF. The Rebel requires more control, but if you headshot with it you'll kill guys in 3 hits I think.
  5. GoldenCountry

Thanks for the vid, interesting to see how the SAW is getting so much more love now than it was just a few weeks ago.

My 2 cents, (having not used all the NC LMGs yet) I'm a big fan of the EM6. The higher rof makes it much better in cq compared to the SAW and its very respectable in mid to mid/long range, though the SAW is better at higher distances. But the big draw for me over the SAW is that it has a much faster reload and can be certed into a 200 round magazine. Plus not being the most skilled player the higher rof makes up for the occasional poorly aimed shots at mid range.

tldr: for my taste the EM6 is more flexible, fast reload, and a 200 round mag. The SAW is great but more situational.
  6. TintaBux

I don't agree with allot of his points, it's more of a personal thing as to what you will like, I prefer the opposite to what he says on allot of his opinions.

My suggestion is, don't listen to his personal opinions alone, make your own conclusions, at the end of the day he's just saying what he likes for him personally more, which won't be the same for everyone.

I prefer the Rebel.
    • Up x 1
  7. Amorphium

i think a lot of the SAW-love has to do with people playing medium-long range heavy assaults. The SAW has never been bad at that. But for cqc and generally within <30-40m, especially in hipfire range, it's worse than most other guns and that's my problem with it as starter weapon, give nc a more flexible one, not just a sniping lmg.
    Still, a good video to have, thanks!
  8. Phaze

^ I agree about the SAW. It's a terrible starter weapon. It isn't the most useful in the most common fighting situations. I also think that regardless, it's a tougher weapon to kill good opponents (ones that quickly recognize when hit and dodge/shield/etc.) than the CARV or ORION.
  9. TintaBux

Out of all the NC HA weapons my favorite is the GD-22S still, really love this. Again shows how personal it is.
  10. Allin

I'm just reading through this thread and see really, really idiotic stuff.

First off, a guy with a cool voice makes somethign that would seem a great video - and then after watching it closely i see he HOLDS THE FREAKING LMB all the time, playing NC...

i mean, come on. With every FPS shooters even the half wit monkey knows you need to burst fire slow firing heavy hitting weapons. How can you actualy rate the NC weapon when autofiring all the time? Nonsense.

Then I read a SAW is a terrible starter weapon. Or bad in CQC. Yeah when you want to CoD rambo everythign then yes, but maybe, just maybe thing of burst fire when just starfing outside corners? Noo, let's just jump into the fray and say out lor rate off fire gun is bad.

Worst thign people like that have an influence on the game balance, white talking half-***** recolections based on absolutely not adequate measuring method.
  11. icesail

The "free" SAW, with what the OP says to get costs:
    100certs high speed ammo
    100certs compensator
    200certs advanced forward grip
    TOTAL = 400 certs
    GD22
    100 certs to buy.
    0 certs for HS bullets since bullets are already faster
    0 certs for compensator (it does not need one at all)
    0 certs for forward grip (ir does not need one)
    TOTAL - 100 certs

If you are new, and play HA, the first one hundred certs, do not waste them on an attachment for the SAW. The SAW needs all 4 to be good, only one will not cut it. So get a GD22 while you save 400 certs+ for the SAW, if you decide you need a long range LMG.
    The GD22 is more accurate, has higher ROF, faster bullets, much faster reload.
    It works great in medium/short range, and it is more accurate them the SAW at long range. It does, however, have lower damage per bullet and smaller magazine (50 vs 100).
  12. Suriakk

I like my forward grip on my GD-22S. I have 3 different scopes for it as well. But yes it is by far the best well rounded weapon we have and more than worth the cert cost as well.